HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Here you go would you draft this player
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Current Page: 2 of 7
Re: Here you go would you draft this player
Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: February 11, 2014 03:22AM

Yes, there are a lot of secrets kept in locker rooms and even barracks and on ships. They are a unit and even though they have their differences they know that reporters are a bunch of vultures and a lot of fans are pricks. So the unit protects themselves if they have enough respect for each other. Evidently they liked this guy enough to do that for him.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: February 11, 2014 04:00AM

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: February 11, 2014 06:26AM

Date: February 11, 2014 07:39AM

mizzou15 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes, there are a lot of secrets kept in locker
> rooms and even barracks and on ships. They are a
> unit and even though they have their differences
> they know that reporters are a bunch of vultures
> and a lot of fans are pricks. So the unit protects
> themselves if they have enough respect for each
> other. Evidently they liked this guy enough to do
> that for him.

As well it should be. Many people just take things so way out of context and don't get certain situations. Never judge things you don't understand unless you have been there. What J. Martin did goes against every fiber of my being. I am a fiercely loyal person and the world needs secrets. Sorry but that's the truth. This modern media we have now will be the end of us eventually. I truly believe it.

I hope J Martin finds that out the hard way.

As far as Michael Sam goes, I couldn't care what he does or with who. Being a man isn't about who you F**k. And I will give him every chance to live up to that. I just don't want the drama the press will bring with him around the Dolphins after what they just went through.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: WestCoastDolFan ()
Date: February 11, 2014 08:20AM

Mind his own business? Really Ken? Want a moronic statement. The posts here are very comical and very sad. Do you guys really think that just because he's gay he is a threat in the showers? Don't flatter yourselves. Gay men rarely hit on straight men in public showers.

Date: February 11, 2014 08:43AM

Smart handled this in a very mature and proffessional way. Thankfully w/ Wake, Vernon and Jordan and that other guy I cannot think of we are good at DE.

Date: February 11, 2014 09:00AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> mizzou15 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Yes, there are a lot of secrets kept in locker
> > rooms and even barracks and on ships. They are
> a
> > unit and even though they have their
> differences
> > they know that reporters are a bunch of
> vultures
> > and a lot of fans are pricks. So the unit
> protects
> > themselves if they have enough respect for each
> > other. Evidently they liked this guy enough to
> do
> > that for him.
>
>
>
>
> As well it should be. Many people just take things
> so way out of context and don't get certain
> situations. Never judge things you don't
> understand unless you have been there. What J.
> Martin did goes against every fiber of my being. I
> am a fiercely loyal person and the world needs
> secrets. Sorry but that's the truth. This modern
> media we have now will be the end of us
> eventually. I truly believe it.
>
> I hope J Martin finds that out the hard way.
>
> As far as Michael Sam goes, I couldn't care what
> he does or with who. Being a man isn't about who
> you F**k. And I will give him every chance to live
> up to that. I just don't want the drama the press
> will bring with him around the Dolphins after what
> they just went through.

Martin will get his as will Incog. I don't put keeping the secrets of dipshits like incog in the same boat as those of this kid Smart. The organization was hypoctritical in always preaching wanting players of character when coveing up that scumbuckets grabbing female's crotches and knocking out a guy who was doing his job.

Martin and Incog caused so much dysfunctionality to the oline it was f-ing ridiculous. A prison thug and his ***** Glad they r both gone.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: February 11, 2014 09:08AM

WestCoastDolFan Wrote:
> Mind his own business? Really Ken? Want a
> moronic statement. The posts here are very comical
> and very sad. Do you guys really think that just
> because he's gay he is a threat in the showers?
> Don't flatter yourselves. Gay men rarely hit on
> straight men in public showers.

I honestly think other then the obvious distraction from media outsiders, the showers and locker room stuff is all BS... I doubt these guys all pile into the open room community showers anymore with the different staff infection issues, etc...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: February 11, 2014 10:34AM

Hey jack don't judge us because we don't understand what being gay is because we are not. This player clearly had too make this an issue because like someone previously mentioned their have been gay players on teams who did not come out to team mates, and their was no problem from that player or his team mates. So the question is why do it now? When the NFL is the most macho sports league, and where men aren't supposed to show weakness, and that could include not welcoming openly gay team mates just saying.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: February 11, 2014 10:58AM

Nobody wants to play along side a fag. Please.....

I would feel unconfortable taking a shower and a fag checking me out.

Let him go play golf or something.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: February 11, 2014 11:00AM

what's to understand shady? gay people are no different than non-gay people, except with who they want to be with in their personal life, which everyone seems to say is irrelevant anyway.
so what's the big deal if he just admits it now? why should he wait till after the draft (which would entail lying during team interviews--and since it was an "open secret" anyway would make him look bad) or never come clean about who he is at all?

Date: February 11, 2014 11:15AM

mizzou15 Wrote:
> TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > >
>
> Martin will get his as will Incog. I don't put
> keeping the secrets of dipshits like incog in the
> same boat as those of this kid Smart. The
> organization was hypoctritical in always preaching
> wanting players of character when coveing up that
> scumbuckets grabbing female's crotches and
> knocking out a guy who was doing his job.
>
> Martin and Incog caused so much dysfunctionality
> to the oline it was f-ing ridiculous. A prison
> thug and his ***** Glad they r both gone.

Your wrong about Incognito . He might have been a meathead , but that's were the lack of leadership comes in. Its a Team. Wants happens in that lockeroom needs to stay in that Lockeroom. I've had to go to people I've worked with and said , WTF? Cut that shit out. But NEVER NEVER did I ever think of ratting them out for profit or promotion. That's just wrong. Incognito thought he was normal in his world. Pouncy was up to some crazy shit as well. He plays better so he gets a pass? Martin is a Cancer. He is less of a man then most and I don't care what his sexual preference is. His Mother and Father failed as I see it , and continue to fail as they promote his behavior and lack of loyalty and owning up to his own misgivings as a person and a player.

Iggy can be successful still. He just needs a kick in ass. Not here anymore, but he would fit on the Raiders or in Dallas. Maybe even The Jets.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: February 11, 2014 11:20AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> what's to understand shady? gay people are no
> different than non-gay people, except with who
> they want to be with in their personal life, which
> everyone seems to say is irrelevant anyway.
> so what's the big deal if he just admits it now?
> why should he wait till after the draft (which
> would entail lying during team interviews--and
> since it was an "open secret" anyway would make
> him look bad) or never come clean about who he is
> at all?

I agree. Do they ask you in interviews , Do you like Fat chicks, or Redheads? Are you into Asian women or MILFS? So whats the big deal if you dig men? Whatever. Doesn't make you less of a man.....but the coming out right after the Superbowl seems definitely contrived by a PR firm. Its planned . And the NFL is behind it. How do you get more people to watch? You cater to everyone. Someone will be forced to take this guy and all the baggage he will bring everytime he takes a snap.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: February 11, 2014 11:42AM

Date: February 11, 2014 12:18PM

I don't care if the kids is gay Berk, but there was no need to do a national splash interview about it... He could have privately answered any questions GMs ask... Players are not flat out asked by the media if they are gay, so there was no need for him to lie.. And if he was asked, he could have just said, I am here to play football not talk about what I do off the field either way... So I am not suggesting he should lie to teams, just don't do a national splash interview about it before the draft.... The 2 are very different. You can't put them as the same, well he is a gay draftee for the NFL so why shouldn't he do a PR campaign to announce it the world.... He set himself up to be defined by it, before he is defined by his teammates and NFL for the type of football player he is.. that was a mistake IMO...

All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: February 11, 2014 02:19PM

Maybe out of egoism or something like that or maybe some altruist motive, Crowder, he wanted to be first.

Jackie Robinson is remembered far more for breaking the color barrier in sports than his skills which were considerable.

This guy seems to be all Conference but as far as America is concerned, he is average at best. Draftable but average.

But he will always be remembered for this assuming he is the first (publicly) of many to come in the future.

Maybe that's why he did it. For the praise he got for doing it. And, if it happens that this becomes as much of a non-issue as Blacks in pro sports is now, then he will always be remembered as the Jackie Robinson of the Gay Movement. and that might be motive enough for him.

Date: February 11, 2014 03:10PM

I agree Chyren, social justice reasons could very well be his primary motive... But that makes it about him or his cause, not the team. That is a distraction. And not good for his draft status or ultimate success in the NFL.

His situation is nothing like Jackie Robinson IMO... The kid is not the first gay NFL football player, he is just the first to make it public while being a draftee or while on a team.. Which at this point he isn't even in the NFL...

Jackie RObinson handled himself with so much class in the spite of so much nastiness.. And he didn't have a choice to just play and not announce to the world he was a man of color in a much different time then today for the worse... jackie Robinson wasn't allowed to play in MLB because of his color, Micheal Sam was always allowed to play no matter his sexuality in college and NFL...

What happens if the kid from Mizzou doesn't do well and is cut after a year or 2... What will his story be then? Jackie Robinson was a top baseball player and man, and that helped him do what he did to change sports and society for that matter... DO we really think that is what this kid is setting up to do? I hope so, but he has put a lot of pressure on himself and has an up hill battle as an athlete more then his difference in sexuality IMO...

Nietzsche

Date: February 11, 2014 03:39PM

Nope Incog is a dumbass the Phins were the only org to give this bum a leadership position. Nebraska, Oregon, Rams & Buffalo all dumped his ass. NFL general managers knew he was an idiot.

Either you want character or you don't. There was a reason our line did not start to gel until he left.

Date: February 11, 2014 03:50PM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> I don't care if the kids is gay Berk, but there
> was no need to do a national splash interview
> about it... He could have privately answered any
> questions GMs ask... Players are not flat out
> asked by the media if they are gay, so there was
> no need for him to lie.. And if he was asked, he
> could have just said, I am here to play football
> not talk about what I do off the field either
> way... So I am not suggesting he should lie to
> teams, just don't do a national splash interview
> about it before the draft.... The 2 are very
> different. You can't put them as the same, well he
> is a gay draftee for the NFL so why shouldn't he
> do a PR campaign to announce it the world.... He
> set himself up to be defined by it, before he is
> defined by his teammates and NFL for the type of
> football player he is.. that was a mistake IMO...

I agree to a point but I don't think he really had much choice. I also don't think he had any ulterior motive in doing what he did. the story was going to come out (no pun intended) eventually and it was going to be a big media story regardless. better get it out of the way now, where he controls the message and the story will die down by the time he actually starts his pro career. imagine the media frenzy if the news broke during the season, national press would swarm practice, etc, trying to get quotes from everyone. this way is much better IMO, and more fair to whatever team selects him. really I don't think this is such a big deal and everyone--players, fans, media--will just be over this story soon enough.

Date: February 11, 2014 03:55PM

and why begrudge him if he thinks doing this will be an inspiration to other gay people who either think that gay guys can't play sports or who are currently playing and scared to death of being found out? if he was deaf and wanted to inspire deaf people to play, or muslim and wanted to inspire other muslims, or whatever, I don't think there would be anyone questioning their motives. I mean look at tim tebow, he was all in everyone's face about his religion and some of the same folks who are saying "this is no one's business stop talking about it" re Sam I bet were beating the drum about how it's totally OK and Tebow's right to proselytize etc

Date: February 11, 2014 04:27PM

Date: February 11, 2014 04:36PM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> I agree Chyren, social justice reasons could very
> well be his primary motive...

RESPONSE: Not so much saying that as saying he wants to be the first. Stab at immortality.

But that makes it
> about him or his cause, not the team. That is a
> distraction. And not good for his draft status or
> ultimate success in the NFL.

RESPONSE: Could be true. You could be right or wrong about his motives and the results of what he did.

>
> His situation is nothing like Jackie Robinson
> IMO... The kid is not the first gay NFL football
> player, he is just the first to make it public
> while being a draftee or while on a team.. Which
> at this point he isn't even in the NFL...

RESPONSE: You answer your own point below as I will show.

>
> Jackie RObinson handled himself with so much class
> in the spite of so much nastiness.. And he didn't
> have a choice to just play and not announce to the
> world he was a man of color in a much different
> time then today for the worse... jackie Robinson
> wasn't allowed to play in MLB because of his
> color, Micheal Sam was always allowed to play no
> matter his sexuality in college and NFL...

RESPONSE: That's just it. Jackie couldn't hide his color. Nor could other Blacks. Most gays can hide their homosexuality.

> What happens if the kid from Mizzou doesn't do
> well and is cut after a year or 2... What will his
> story be then?

RESPONSE: Like I said. He will always be remembered for being the first.

Jackie Robinson was a top baseball
> player and man, and that helped him do what he did
> to change sports and society for that matter...

RESPONSE: Yes, that's why I said this guy is average at best nationally and would have been a mid round pick.

>DO
> we really think that is what this kid is setting
> up to do? I hope so, but he has put a lot of
> pressure on himself and has an up hill battle as
> an athlete more then his difference in sexuality
> IMO...

RESPONSE: And if his motives were a clean smooth, no muss, no fuss career then obviously he made a bad miscalculation. If his goal was the glory of being the first, it might not matter to him.

Date: February 12, 2014 03:50PM

berkeley223 Wrote:
I
> mean look at tim tebow, he was all in everyone's
> face about his religion and some of the same folks
> who are saying "this is no one's business stop
> talking about it" re Sam I bet were beating the
> drum about how it's totally OK and Tebow's right
> to proselytize etc

I agree, Tebow set himself up to be a distraction by putting himself and his beliefs out there... And his beliefs and story were fair game, he never escaped it nor the distraction it created. When you put yourself out there as Tebow with his religious beliefs or Sam's coming out in a national interview, you invite the story, press and distraction... And the press has every right to it now. The press didn't have an open right to really go after this story with a young potential rookie... They haven't ever pursued a story like this with active players, although we all now there are probably just as many or more as regular population percentages who are gay... .

Nietzsche

Posted by: WestCoastDolFan ()
Date: February 12, 2014 04:35PM

I can't believe the stupidity show on this board. The comments expressed here just outrageous. Finshady, this is directed at you. Gay me are EXACTLY like straight men. The only difference is in the sexual attraction which makes no difference in who the man is or what he does. I can't believe the homophobia that permeates this forum. I feel sorry for each one of you. I will not be visiting this site anymore. This place makes me sick.

Date: February 12, 2014 04:43PM

geez west coast, we are not all finshadys

Date: February 12, 2014 05:41PM

WestCoastDolFan Wrote:
> I can't believe the stupidity show on this board.
> The comments expressed here just outrageous.
> Finshady, this is directed at you. Gay me are
> EXACTLY like straight men. The only difference is
> in the sexual attraction which makes no difference
> in who the man is or what he does. I can't believe
> the homophobia that permeates this forum. I feel
> sorry for each one of you. I will not be visiting
> this site anymore. This place makes me sick.

Suit yourself. But Homophobia is everywhere. Its only not just starting to become politically correct and accepted. If you truly want to see it accepted more you need to stay at places like this and try to educate people. Throwing your hands up and taking your ball and leaving will never solve anything. Ask Jonathan Martin.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: February 12, 2014 06:03PM

Date: February 13, 2014 02:51AM

A gay man that dresses like a woman gets a boob job, and call himself a sister is NOT like me at all. What do you not understand about that?

Posted by: cshashaty ()
Date: February 13, 2014 03:16AM

The keys for Michael Sam to realize success in the NFL:
1) Be a good player, and
2) Be professional.

I suspect #1 will be harder for Sam, but his teammates will have a harder time with him re #2. They'll question his focus in an intimate environment such as the locker room.

Date: February 13, 2014 03:38AM

Finshady Wrote:
> A gay man that dresses like a woman gets a boob
> job, and call himself a sister is NOT like me at
> all. What do you not understand about that?

What's your problem exactly?

Current Page: 2 of 7

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.