HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Richard Sherman
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Richard Sherman
Posted by: jimmmyd3 ()
Date: January 20, 2014 03:55PM

They say a team or its players take on there coaches personality. When I saw Richard Sherman running around making the "choke jester", it reminded me of Pete Carroll making the " choke jester" to Pete Stoyanovich for missing a field goal.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Richard Sherman
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: January 20, 2014 04:03PM

Yeah, Sherman crossed the line. He indicated that he had been disrespected by the guy's statement that Sherman couldn't cover him but......still, who was that old coach that used to tell his players that ...............

"when you make a good play, try to act like it's NOT the first time you have ever made a good play."

By doing all his jackass bragging, screaming, and getting a penalty flag at the time and screaming to the sideline reporter after the game, you'd think that Richard Sherman never tipped a pass intended for a receiver before in his life.

And it's not like this guy made the interception himself.

Sure, he tipped the ball and made it possible for his teammate to make the interception but you'd think from his bragging that he had intercepted the ball himself.

Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: January 20, 2014 04:18PM

id take him in a heartbeat!

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: January 20, 2014 04:31PM

Sherman is awesome.

The dude can walk the walk, so in my book he can talk the talk all he wants. He plays the game with passion. Forget about being a touchy-feely politically correct carefully choosing words while talking to the media quiet role model. I wish some of these Dolphins players had some of that swag, but in order to have that you got to win more games.

The 49ers are cocky too - they celebrate everything they do on both sides of the ball. And nobody said squat when Kap razzed Cam Newton by imitating his Superman. 49ers got what they had coming.

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: January 20, 2014 04:49PM

Yeah you're right on MLK day Sherman represents the best of America. Give me a freaking break Sherman is a classless little dweeb that if he did not play football would be in prison with anger issues, and a temper to boot. Sherman is the reason why athletes in general are hated by all non sports fans. Way too go jack ass.

Date: January 20, 2014 05:11PM

Finshady is right and in addition, I would not want him on our team. Not only do we have Grimes and Carroll, but whenever a guy's temper gets the better of him, a crafty opposing quarterback CAN USE that temperament to trick him and later taunt him yelling "PSYCH!"

No, the guy's an idiot and it's gonna catch up with him.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: January 20, 2014 05:21PM

Posted by: JC ()
Date: January 20, 2014 05:23PM

I wonder how Peyton Manning is going to attempt to deal with him in his game plan.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: January 20, 2014 05:54PM

Yes Finshady, Richard Sherman could have used better judgement. And thank God for MLK. His legacy has given African Americans equal rights, including the freedom of speech.

Sherman's post game rant was mild compared to the many rants of the great Muhammed Ali. That's why I can't bash Sherman for what he said. It wasn't so bad. It's a violent sport, and getting caught up in a moment is easy to do.

Date: January 20, 2014 05:56PM

Seahawks killed Broncos like 40-10 in the preseason

Date: January 20, 2014 06:54PM

I think that pass was going to be incomplete out of the endzone if not tipped by Sherman.

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: January 21, 2014 03:10AM

Sherman = Terrell Owens

Date: January 21, 2014 03:31AM

If he wasn't wrong why did he apologize? I am tired of the apology after the fact. Uh sorry I robbed that liquor store it was my up bringing, and please don't send me too prison. More thinking before talking would do Richard Sherman much good.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2014 09:47AM by Finshady.

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: January 21, 2014 04:17AM

I'd take him on the team too, and Wilson and Thomas and

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: January 21, 2014 05:35AM

i thought his onfield gestures and actions were classless.

couldn't care less what he said after the game. we all know pete hops them up on adderall pregame.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: January 21, 2014 06:08AM

Missed opportunity. Instead of being the talk of the town for a game ending play, he is being touted as a douchebag. It's just immaturity. Now everyone will be rooting for Broncos WR's to tear him up.

He could have been in the national spotlight and earned some endorsement deals to supplement his 5th round rookie contract. He earned 600k last year and probably lost millions in endorsement because no one will want their product to be associated with him.

Dumb, Dumb, DUMB!

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: January 21, 2014 07:40AM

Date: January 21, 2014 08:07AM

If this was the first time it had happened I wouldn't make much of it.

Its about the 7th or 8th time he's gone after other players in a classless fashion.

He is what he is.

He's a great player. He's also an asshole.

Date: January 21, 2014 08:28AM

But how do you really feel about him? Don't be shy.

.....................................................................................

Date: January 21, 2014 08:38AM

eesti Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> But how do you really feel about him? Don't be
> shy.

If he was a stud LT I'd sign him.

Posted by: Anemone1 ()
Date: January 21, 2014 02:01PM

I thought the rant was classless and over the top, but after reading about it and him I'm not going to judge him based on an emotional outburst right after a big play clinching a Superbowl birth. To say that if he didn't play football he would be in prison with anger management issues is waaay off base. Sherman has not been one to be given stupid penalties, and he did go to Stanford (and graduate, as far as I can tell), so he is no dummy either.

Date: January 21, 2014 02:04PM

Hey we need passion on this football team however misplaced passion can be worse than no passion at all.

Date: January 21, 2014 02:11PM

Finshady Wrote:
> Hey we need passion on this football team however
> misplaced passion can be worse than no passion at
> all.

Because, although I cannot think of any specific examples, good teams can use that excessive emotion against you in terms of winning or losing a game.

What, maybe as an example, after he makes a tackle at a crucial point in the game, and the receiver says real low in volume, "I just screwed your momma last night" and ole Firecracker Sherman belts him in the mouth.

Ref says "15 yard penalty" and now Sherman's team leading by 2 witnesses the opposing team move into field goal range with only 5 seconds on the clock.

I'd rather have a B player in control of his emotions than an A player who is not in control of his emotions.

Date: January 21, 2014 02:59PM

preach it however talking about one's mother can get a man screwed up in a hurry.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: January 21, 2014 04:07PM

Finshady Wrote:
Give me a freaking break
> Sherman is a classless little dweeb that if he
> did not play football would be in prison with
> anger issues, and a temper to boot.

FYI- Richard Sherman was the Salutatorian of his high school, went to Stanford where he graduated early as well as being a football stud he was also an all american in track star.. He went back for his masters at Stanford and played in his final year of football eligibility.... Prison? Highly unlikely... Although I agree the way he acted in that interview all jacked up, lacked class..

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: January 21, 2014 04:20PM

There are plenty of locked up smart people. Hell most of them feel like their too smart too get caught. Sherman is no different.

Date: January 21, 2014 07:48PM

5th rounder multi pro bowls, how did our early DB picks do this year? Can't even remember their names!

Date: January 22, 2014 03:35AM

More like a chip on his shoulder. This is a (overachieving) kid from Compton I believe.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: January 22, 2014 11:12AM

Muhammed Ali, Shaquille O'Neal, Kevin Garnett, Mike Tyson, Gary Payton, Charles Barkley, Floyd Mayweather, Reggie Miller, Deion Sanders, Larry Bird, and Michael Jordan...

Those are just a few of the greatest trash talkers in sports history and those athletes are (for the most part) beloved.

If you have a problem with Shermans rant....get over it. Trash talk has been in sports for decades. Microphones are shoved in athletes faces more these days.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: January 22, 2014 11:22AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Finshady is right and in addition, I would not
> want him on our team. Not only do we have Grimes
> and Carroll, but whenever a guy's temper gets the
> better of him, a crafty opposing quarterback CAN
> USE that temperament to trick him and later taunt
> him yelling "PSYCH!"
>
> No, the guy's an idiot and it's gonna catch up
> with him.

I can't agree with ya, Chryen.

This guy only goes crazy on the field, and that craziness is held in check with his play. Once he has calmed down, he speaks very well and knows exactly what to say to put himself, his team, and the NFL in a good light.

I would take that on field passion in a heartbeat.

Saying that, I would prefer he tone it down, somewhat, but as long as he does no harm to my team, I'm OK with it.

The Fins DEFINITELY need someone like that.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.