HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Bummer
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Bummer
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: January 11, 2014 09:11PM

The Hoo Wah Patsies won. Couldn't stand it. They got all the calls from the referee.

A Patriot receiver goes out for a pass and is running down the sidelines and looks back and sees the pass is short and paws and claws the Colts defender running step for step with him trying to go through the defender to get the ball.

They call pass interference on the defense!

The announcers sheepishly say that the defender never turned around and looked for the ball.

That's true but still, as long as he doesn't put his hand on the receiver, that doesn't give the receiver the right to paw and claw him just because the ball is thrown short.

Will be rooting for WHOEVER wins tomorrow's game to whip their butts.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bummer
Posted by: Ken ()
Date: January 11, 2014 10:18PM

The problem is that anytime a ball is underthrown if the defender does not look for the ball the receiver can run through him in an attempt to make the catch...pass interference on the defense every single time.

Why, because the defender is impeding the receivers route to the ball.

Crappy rule IMHO, but there it is.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: January 12, 2014 03:04AM

Still, I don't remember ever seeing NE score so many rushing TDs.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: January 12, 2014 03:42AM

it's not that they always get the calls, they get them at very crucial points in the game.

that wasn't PI. it was a horrible pass and the ref only pulled his flag when edleman threw his arms in disgust.

that's a huge call in a close game.

ensuing drive Luck gets tripped by the pats DT right in front of the ref. No call. Automatic first down near mid field.

It never fails.

The playoff refs were instructed to call the games like they're called in the regular season. It looks like this crew listened.

Posted by: SCPhinsFan ()
Date: January 12, 2014 04:35AM

Im pretty sure Brady underthrows the ball in that instance on purpose to try to get the call. Unlikely completion, but a PI call works just as well

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: January 12, 2014 05:26AM

The NFL is rigged don't you people get it?? Been calling the championship game all year. Brady vs manning sets up what the media looks for. And niners vs Seattle. It's so easy to see. Been making stupid money on these games.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: January 12, 2014 05:41AM

I don't care about the Patriots

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: January 12, 2014 06:07AM

dolfan1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The NFL is rigged don't you people get it?? Been
> calling the championship game all year. Brady vs
> manning sets up what the media looks for. And
> niners vs Seattle. It's so easy to see. Been
> making stupid money on these games.

it sure seems that way. they really wanted harbaugh vs harbaugh in the super bowl last year.

Phil Simms will mention brady and belichick at least 10x during the broncos/chargers broadcast.

Posted by: Sickofit+1 ()
Date: January 12, 2014 07:02AM

I'm happy they won. No one is going to beat the Colts. So congrats on worse picks Pats.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: January 12, 2014 07:28AM

Sickofit+1 Wrote:
> I'm happy they won. No one is going to beat the
> Colts. So congrats on worse picks Pats.

No one is going to beat the Colts...uh okay.

Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: January 12, 2014 09:38AM

The other Bummer is that we had as much of a chance to get Blount(Pats traded a 7th round pick) as the Patsies did.
Not like we were loaded at RB at the time(or still).
NE constantly beats us to the punch on moves like that, and has for years.
Whoever we bring in at GM, needs to be able to match wits with the likes of Billicek if we're ever going to regain dominance in the AFC East.

Date: January 12, 2014 10:04AM

Blount has the build of the type of back we need. He's a big back with power. No, I agree that gone is the day of when backs were as big as Franco Harris and Csonka. Not THAT big.

But the problem is that we or Ireland believe in the little scat back. Whether it be Bush, Lamar Miller or Thigpen.

Our philosophy is that we need a back small and FAST ENOUGH to zip through the holes when they open.

My philosophy is that you can't count on ANY OFFENSIVE LINE to open holes big enough or LONG ENOUGH to allow someone to slip through AND EVEN IF THEY DO there will likely be a linebacker to stuff any opening.

A big back like Blount IN COMBINATION with your o line will force his way through the opening and flatten any linebacker not tracking a receiver.

Daniel Thomas shows flashes of this ON RARE OCCASIONS but clearly he is not of the caliber of LaGarrett Blount.

So we need to change our running back acquisition philosophy.

Gillisee is a little bigger than the Lamar-Reggie mode but not much and he hasn't really seen the field yet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2014 12:18PM by ChyrenB.

Date: January 12, 2014 10:48AM

My nephew is probably going crazy now. The refs just called "roughing the passer" on a quarterback sack of Newton.

come to think of it Finshady is probably also going crazy.

But I see Newton just threw an interception as I was typing.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: January 12, 2014 11:19AM

Blount is an FA , Shows Pats talent eval and ability to take a risk . he and Talib have really paid off

Date: January 12, 2014 11:50AM

Ordinarily, I would hometown it and root for the Chargers, being closest to L.A. (and in fact started in L.A.) but I gotta have Peyton and the best going against the Whores and making sure the AFC Championship game is one where the Whores have to play on the road!

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: January 12, 2014 12:07PM

here comes the typical dolphins move. rather than identify an undervalued player like blount and get him on the cheap like the pats, now that his value as at his highest ever, following late season surge, we will throw boat loads of $$ at him as a FA, and then scratch our heads (and blame the OL and coaching) as he returns to the rather pedestrian player he was for the rest of his career.
there is no need to spend big bucks on an RB. a good GM can identify them in the draft after the 1st round, or vets like blount when they are bargains.
let's see if we actually hire a good gm who can manage this....

Date: January 12, 2014 12:21PM

Made a nice pay day on the niners. Now Denver will be a slam dunk for me. So easy to see the outcome.

Date: January 12, 2014 01:34PM

Rivers is getting pissed at his team for not getting their act together in lining up for the play and had to call timeout.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: January 12, 2014 04:03PM

What's bad is we think of the pats and old but they are the youngest or second youngest team in the league? Wonder how Mallet is doing? With our luck when Brady retires they will keep playing at this level

Date: January 12, 2014 05:58PM

I hope they win next week and go to the dance. This way I can laugh when they lose..........again. The more they go and lose the less and less the 3 Brady won mean anything.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 12, 2014 08:29PM

Naw, I don't want them anywhere near a SuperBowl.

What do you think the refs will do for them in a SuperBowl? Only benefit to us would be that the whole NFL would see how the refs cheat for the Patsies.

Date: January 12, 2014 08:32PM

AND they'd have another SuperBowl Championship to shove in our face. Their 4th if I am right to our only two.

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: January 13, 2014 04:23AM

I agree about both those calls.

There were a couple times on Wallace where the DB never looked back for the ball and clearly got his arm in there before the ball arrived and nothing was called. Yet the Pats get ticky tack calls in their favor over and over.

Perhaps Wallace needs to learn to pout like their WR's do

Date: January 13, 2014 05:05AM

I loaded up, this weekend was such an easy way to make some $$$$. Now I am going with my orginal pick from week 1, denver to win it all and manning as VP.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: January 13, 2014 05:18AM

dolfan1 Wrote:
> I loaded up, this weekend was such an easy way to
> make some $$$$. Now I am going with my orginal
> pick from week 1, denver to win it all and manning
> as VP.

Manning as vice president...I like it! Hopefully he'll run as an Independent.

Date: January 13, 2014 11:23AM

JC Wrote:
> dolfan1 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I loaded up, this weekend was such an easy way
> to
> > make some $$$$. Now I am going with my orginal
> > pick from week 1, denver to win it all and
> manning
> > as VP.
>
> Manning as vice president...I like it! Hopefully
> he'll run as an Independent.

MVP OOPS LOL

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: January 13, 2014 11:36AM

Lets hire dolfin1 as a deepthought to all players.

That way the players will be smarter after dolfin1 teaches them math and trigonometry.....

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: January 13, 2014 05:25PM

Hey Chyren I'm going too surprise you again I like Kapernick. I absolutely love at Nevada, and he is everything Tanne isn't. Same build same speed, but Tanne does not play like him or even run like him. That fragile scared bitch is afraid too get hit. Kapernick takes a licking and keeps on ticking.

Date: January 13, 2014 06:05PM

But I do see confidence in Tanne when he is running the rare option plays they give him. He is no longer the scared rabbit he is in the pocket.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.