HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Coles chooses...
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Coles chooses...
Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: March 04, 2009 11:04AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Coles chooses...
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: March 04, 2009 11:16AM

Wow...he mad out like a fat rat. 1 mil raise.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2009 11:16AM by eesti.

Posted by: Northeast Fin Fan ()
Date: March 04, 2009 11:46AM

The Bengirls have about 40 holes to fill and they spend 7 million on WR on the backend of his career. Typical.

Posted by: realist ()
Date: March 04, 2009 03:45PM

Part of me wonders if the reason they didn't sign Coles ( in addition to his age) is the fact that he would have immediate chemistry with a QB that they foresee phasing out.

If the plan is to stick with C.Penn until Henne is ready ( barring Pennington lighting things up) and then making Chad Jr. the starter, then it makes sense to forgo any short term benefit of having Coles & Penn together in favour of a young QB creating Chemistry with young WR's.

I think this says we are drafting WR with one of our 1st 2 picks, but it may also say, Henne may be closer to starting than they are saying.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: March 04, 2009 07:03PM

Coles lost a step. Miami has enough Possession WR's (Bess, Camerilo, London).....Miami needs a deep threat speedster to get down the field. Ginn can't do it alone.

Coles is old and slow

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: March 05, 2009 04:04AM

They also know how outspoken Coles was when the Jets released Chad and they know we will have to make that decision as early as next year. Why stir the pot and create a problem in the locker room?

As far as a speedster? I think that is over blown. We need a WR that knows the game, has a tremendous work ethic and good hands and is not afraid to go over the middle. Jerry Rice ran a 4.71. Chris Carter and Michael Irvin are other examples.

Nicks or Robiskie would work wonders for Miami.

If you look at the value that will be there around pick 25, most of it is going to be at WR. CB's are questionable this year, top LB's may be gone, DT will be gone, OT's gone, too early for a guard, don't need a QB and there are none worthy, TE's can be had later, definitely not a FB...so that leaves RB and WR as the best value. I think BP may surprise everyone this year.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.