Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          The Miami Dolphins did not show up to play in Buffalo and we deserve to know why.....
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
The Miami Dolphins did not show up to play in Buffalo and we deserve to know why.....
Posted by: Fleetlord ()
Date: December 22, 2013 08:49PM

For once in my time as a Miami Dolphin fan, I WANT to know what really happened on Sunday...

I can live with loses...as long as the team shows legitimate effort and enthusiasm on the field.

BUT

The Dolphins weren't even TRYING on Sunday and I want to know why...

The vibes were bad from the first drive. Just lackluster play and play calling, deer in the headlights, far away stares from the players, lazy, disinterested body language...

Were they suffering from hypothermia? Those are all symptoms of it...

Were they replaced with androids whose programing was glitched?

This team was NOT remotely interested in being in Buffalo...let alone playing there...Winning? Not even close...

We deserve to know why this team, with a playoff spot in our grasp, did not show up to play in Buffalo....

We'll never get those answers, as it will be glossed over with football cliché's and other flubber...BUT if I was Stephan Ross, the entire coaching staff needs to tell me why my team wasn't even close to being ready for this game...and the honesty of the answer and the plan to prevent it from happening again better be rock solid..otherwise I just can't continue to pay you to be here...

It was the most lethargic, poorly played, completely effortless display of Miami Dolphin football I can recall since the Jax playoff loss...and we deserve to know why.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Miami Dolphins did not show up to play in Buffalo and we deserve to know why.....
Posted by: gofins60 ()
Date: December 23, 2013 12:16AM

The utter lack of effort and preparedness is grounds to fire everyone.

Re: The Miami Dolphins did not show up to play in Buffalo and we deserve to know why.....
Date: December 23, 2013 03:28AM

LOL.

#1 rated defensive front with 3 players with over 10 sacks each meets the worst Oline in the NFL maybe the worst ever with almost 60 sacks on the season. That's what happened. eye rolling smiley On Top of that Hartline picked a bad time to get the dropsies.

What I don't get , is why didn't our defense play better? Was Grimes still hurt? Why can't we cover Thad whatever his name is, but we had Tom Brady like white on rice? That's a concern. thumbs down

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Fleetlord ()
Date: December 23, 2013 04:32AM

I get the their D-line vs our O line issues...that was clearly evident..

What I would like answers about is why this team looked completely out of it? Like they were in a daze...

From the kickoff, they were not ready to play and absolutely did not want to be there...

Date: December 23, 2013 05:21AM

We lost to them at home as well. Its obvious their postives matched up well to our weaknesses. We need to learn from it and address them in the off season. Buffalo had our number this season. Nothing else to say.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: December 23, 2013 05:45AM

Exactly, high quality O-Line and PLAYMAKERS accross the board is what we have to add in the off season.

I don't want to hear about solid guys or special teams mavens...strickly PLAYMAKERS.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 23, 2013 10:12AM

OK, u know about their strengths and u know about our weaknesses and u get blown out. HELLO....the HEAD coach.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 23, 2013 10:46AM

The problem wasn't that we didn't show up. The problem was that we DID!

Date: December 23, 2013 12:08PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> OK, u know about their strengths and u know about
> our weaknesses and u get blown out. HELLO....the
> HEAD coach.

He can only work with the tools he is given. Blame Ireland.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 23, 2013 02:03PM

There is nothing wrong with the tools, otherwise how did we beat the div champs we beat?

Date: December 23, 2013 02:11PM

Different match ups. Our Offensive play calling is a joke. Its like we have 5 plays and he counts on 1 hand which one to use. No creativity , our talent is wasted. Sherman needs to go. He is a glaring weakness we need to purge if we want to get to the next level.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 23, 2013 02:52PM

Playcalling, huh. See my head coach thread.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: December 23, 2013 02:56PM

Fleetlord Wrote:
> For once in my time as a Miami Dolphin fan, I WANT
> to know what really happened on Sunday...
>
> I can live with loses...as long as the team shows
> legitimate effort and enthusiasm on the field.
>
> BUT
>
> The Dolphins weren't even TRYING on Sunday and I
> want to know why...
>
> The vibes were bad from the first drive. Just
> lackluster play and play calling, deer in the
> headlights, far away stares from the players,
> lazy, disinterested body language...
>
> Were they suffering from hypothermia? Those are
> all symptoms of it...
>
> Were they replaced with androids whose programing
> was glitched?
>
> This team was NOT remotely interested in being in
> Buffalo...let alone playing there...Winning? Not
> even close...
>
> We deserve to know why this team, with a playoff
> spot in our grasp, did not show up to play in
> Buffalo....
>
> We'll never get those answers, as it will be
> glossed over with football cliché's and other
> flubber...BUT if I was Stephan Ross, the entire
> coaching staff needs to tell me why my team wasn't
> even close to being ready for this game...and the
> honesty of the answer and the plan to prevent it
> from happening again better be rock
> solid..otherwise I just can't continue to pay you
> to be here...
>
> It was the most lethargic, poorly played,
> completely effortless display of Miami Dolphin
> football I can recall since the Jax playoff
> loss...and we deserve to know why.

One reason was those dumbass aqua pants.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: December 23, 2013 02:58PM

It's really a combo of all facets really, Ireland, Philbin and the assistant coaches are equal parts to blame for a game like yesterday. CHyren would have you believe that it's strictly Philbin, but that's not true, he's got a hand in it, but it's not solely on him IMO.
Lets win this week and see what happens in the off-season, you can make an argument for a total house cleaning just as much as giving these guys another chance. Keep in mind though, a total house cleaning will most likely mean new schemes.....which means new players.......which means another re-build......which means, you get the drift.

Date: December 23, 2013 03:03PM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> ChyrenB Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > OK, u know about their strengths and u know
> about
> > our weaknesses and u get blown out.
> HELLO....the
> > HEAD coach.
>
>
> He can only work with the tools he is given. Blame
> Ireland.

Yes and no about Ireland.

Miami has some solid players on both sides of the ball. For our defensive unit, what happened to our front seven? It is their responsibility to stop the run. In the passing game, yeah, our DBs aren't a strength, but with no pressure on the QB (from the front seven) receivers are going to be open all day.

Offense is the same story - our OLine. Guys, no matter how they have been playing since the Incognito - Martin fiasco, the talent just isn't there.

Again on offense, Mister Reliable (Hartline) was AWOL. If he had caught that long ball from RT early in the game, who knows what would have happened?

Date: December 23, 2013 03:04PM

dolphaholic Wrote:
> It's really a combo of all facets really, Ireland,
> Philbin and the assistant coaches are equal parts
> to blame for a game like yesterday. CHyren would
> have you believe that it's strictly Philbin, but
> that's not true, he's got a hand in it, but it's
> not solely on him IMO.
> Lets win this week and see what happens in the
> off-season, you can make an argument for a total
> house cleaning just as much as giving these guys
> another chance. Keep in mind though, a total house
> cleaning will most likely mean new
> schemes.....which means new players.......which
> means another re-build......which means, you get
> the drift.

You mentioned Ireland and the coaching staff but failed to mention the players.

Date: December 23, 2013 03:05PM

No, holic. I agree with u but that doesn't mean that Philbin should keep his job while the others go.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: December 23, 2013 03:22PM

captkoi Wrote:
> dolphaholic Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > It's really a combo of all facets really,
> Ireland,
> > Philbin and the assistant coaches are equal
> parts
> > to blame for a game like yesterday. CHyren
> would
> > have you believe that it's strictly Philbin,
> but
> > that's not true, he's got a hand in it, but
> it's
> > not solely on him IMO.
> > Lets win this week and see what happens in the
> > off-season, you can make an argument for a
> total
> > house cleaning just as much as giving these
> guys
> > another chance. Keep in mind though, a total
> house
> > cleaning will most likely mean new
> > schemes.....which means new players.......which
> > means another re-build......which means, you
> get
> > the drift.
>
> **********************************************
>
> You mentioned Ireland and the coaching staff but
> failed to mention the players.

The O-line and LB's are not playing good all year, that falls on Ireland, he tried getting cute with the LB's and it back fired, he tried getting cheap with the O-line and it back fired, you have to assume Philbin signed off on those moves. Philbin seems to have backed shuttling any type of leaders off this team, that back fired.
It's easy to second guess, but you have to figure that this team wins a few more games with Long, Bush, Dansby and Burnett, right?

Now, it falls on all of the coaches for not game planning around our weaknesses, Buffalo leads the league in sacks, our O-line leads the league in sacks given up, yet I didn't see one screen or any commitment to trying to establish the run, where was a roll-out or two? Didn't really see the D stacking the box and making Thad whats his name beat us, all I saw was Buffalo ripping off 203 yrds rushing, bad coaching in my book. Make no mistake though, the players came out flat also, how many times have you seen Hartline drop passes like that? Horrible game on all accounts.

Date: December 23, 2013 06:11PM

Damn, holic. That last paragraph of yours could have been posted by me.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: December 23, 2013 08:34PM

Coyle/Philbin probably mentioned they needed LBer's that can pass rush a little better to run his system. Blitzing LBer's up the middle is a staple of his defense. That is probably the extent of the coaches input...Get me "this" type of player. It is Ireland's job to find those players. He failed.

Another issue is the lack of ingenuity or creativity or stubbornness on behalf of the coaches. They continue to make Wheeler and Ellerbe 3 down LB's even though they have choked all year long.

Why not Dion Jordan at OLB? Maybe he cannot play in run support. I don't know. Maybe our depth is so bad at LB that they had no choice. That falls on Ireland as well.

Why not get some time for Jenkins. Christ, if they can bench Clabo they can bench Wheeler. They actually did last week but what good did it do if he's back this week?

Our line can appear efficient at times but they just are not of the caliber to compete with every defensive line. Our RB's cannot pass protect. I saw Thomas give up at least 3 sacks this week when he failed to pick up the blitz. Hell, he actually tackled Tannehill once himself because he was so indecisive and confused.

Buffalo has pretty stout offensive and defensive lines. They overpowered our guys. It's all about individual matchups. McKinnie looked lathargic, Brennan was out classed by Williams BIG TIME!

Our 2013 draft class was invisible this year. You can't have that if you want to get better. Not one player has made an impact....in a good way.

Ireland's MO so far continues to be the same. Ignore areas and hope for the best. It's pathetic. It's blind and naive. You can only fake it so long. The fact we are 3-1 this month is a miracle. Credit goes to the coaches and players for even getting this far. It was a combination of great individual plays and luck. The guys that made the plays do need help on occasion (when they have trouble with their matchups or they are off). Problem is that the help is not there. We are incomplete and it shows.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: December 23, 2013 09:43PM

Posted by: Anemone1 ()
Date: December 24, 2013 03:31AM

I'm a little confused here. Most people on this board picked us to win 9 - 10 games this year before the season started. 9 wins would be a 2 win improvement over last year. Yet I hear that (1) we have a dearth of talent, and so we have to fire Ireland, and (2) we have to fire Philbin because he is a horrible coach.

My take is that we have beaten New England, Indy, and Cincinnati, all playoff teams, and Pittsburg (in the snow) and San Diego who is fighting for a playoff spot. We are also 3-1 so far this December. All this in the midst of the "bullygate" scandal. We are on pace for 9 wins, which is where many of us picked us to be, and fighting for a playoff spot in the last week of the season. I don't see Philbin as being the problem at all.

Regarding Ireland, I think the jury is still out on him, but I like his approach. He is trying to fill immediate needs through free agency and future needs through the draft. People are belly aching about the lack of contribution from this year's draft class, but that has been his MO the last couple of years. Guys like Clay, Rishard Matthews, Miller, Odrick, Vernon all had limited impact as rookies but are all now contributing significantly. The biggest disappointment with Ireland has been the signing of Ellerbee and Wheeler, and his inability to bring in good O-lineman.

I do find it somewhat amusing how after the Patriots win some people on this board were professing the genius of Philbin and Ireland, and now some of those same people want everyone fired and for us to start from scratch yet again.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: December 24, 2013 06:16AM

Anemone1 Wrote:
> I'm a little confused here. Most people on this
> board picked us to win 9 - 10 games this year
> before the season started. 9 wins would be a 2
> win improvement over last year. Yet I hear that
> (1) we have a dearth of talent, and so we have to
> fire Ireland, and (2) we have to fire Philbin
> because he is a horrible coach.
>
> My take is that we have beaten New England, Indy,
> and Cincinnati, all playoff teams, and Pittsburg
> (in the snow) and San Diego who is fighting for a
> playoff spot. We are also 3-1 so far this
> December. All this in the midst of the "bullygate"
> scandal. We are on pace for 9 wins, which is
> where many of us picked us to be, and fighting for
> a playoff spot in the last week of the season. I
> don't see Philbin as being the problem at all.
>
> Regarding Ireland, I think the jury is still out
> on him, but I like his approach. He is trying to
> fill immediate needs through free agency and
> future needs through the draft. People are belly
> aching about the lack of contribution from this
> year's draft class, but that has been his MO the
> last couple of years. Guys like Clay, Rishard
> Matthews, Miller, Odrick, Vernon all had limited
> impact as rookies but are all now contributing
> significantly. The biggest disappointment with
> Ireland has been the signing of Ellerbee and
> Wheeler, and his inability to bring in good
> O-lineman.
>
> I do find it somewhat amusing how after the
> Patriots win some people on this board were
> professing the genius of Philbin and Ireland, and
> now some of those same people want everyone fired
> and for us to start from scratch yet again.

I gotta agree with everything you said.
Spot on post in my book.

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: December 24, 2013 06:30AM

Anemone1 Wrote:
> I'm a little confused here. Most people on this
> board picked us to win 9 - 10 games this year
> before the season started. 9 wins would be a 2
> win improvement over last year. Yet I hear that
> (1) we have a dearth of talent, and so we have to
> fire Ireland, and (2) we have to fire Philbin
> because he is a horrible coach.
>
> My take is that we have beaten New England, Indy,
> and Cincinnati, all playoff teams, and Pittsburg
> (in the snow) and San Diego who is fighting for a
> playoff spot. We are also 3-1 so far this
> December. All this in the midst of the "bullygate"
> scandal. We are on pace for 9 wins, which is
> where many of us picked us to be, and fighting for
> a playoff spot in the last week of the season. I
> don't see Philbin as being the problem at all.
>
> Regarding Ireland, I think the jury is still out
> on him, but I like his approach. He is trying to
> fill immediate needs through free agency and
> future needs through the draft. People are belly
> aching about the lack of contribution from this
> year's draft class, but that has been his MO the
> last couple of years. Guys like Clay, Rishard
> Matthews, Miller, Odrick, Vernon all had limited
> impact as rookies but are all now contributing
> significantly. The biggest disappointment with
> Ireland has been the signing of Ellerbee and
> Wheeler, and his inability to bring in good
> O-lineman.
>
> I do find it somewhat amusing how after the
> Patriots win some people on this board were
> professing the genius of Philbin and Ireland, and
> now some of those same people want everyone fired
> and for us to start from scratch yet again.

+1 thumbs up smileys with beer

Posted by: davdoldew4 ()
Date: December 24, 2013 07:25AM

Fleetlord,

To answer your question, it is my opinion, that all you have to do is look no further then the sideline during the game and watch Mr Emotionless, Coach Philbin. He is the mirror image of this Team.

Sparano was bad with his fist pumping and incredible stupid pressors, but this guy Philbin is way worse! My opinion, anyway !

Did you ever see Shula on the sideline, he was incredible !!

Merry Christmas

Date: December 24, 2013 10:07AM

davdoldew4 Wrote:
> Fleetlord,
>
> To answer your question, it is my opinion, that
> all you have to do is look no further then the
> sideline during the game and watch Mr Emotionless,
> Coach Philbin. He is the mirror image of this
> Team.
>
> Sparano was bad with his fist pumping and
> incredible stupid pressors, but this guy Philbin
> is way worse! My opinion, anyway !
>
> Did you ever see Shula on the sideline, he was
> incredible !!
>
> Merry Christmas

davdoldew4, I agree that Philbin was emotionless on the sidelines, as was the rest of the team, the first half of the season. Over the last few weeks, I have noticed Philbin yelling at the officials over certain calls and non-calls.

To me, he is coming around. Now, if we could only get Tanneyhill to start yelling at his guys, maybe he wouldn't be sacked as often as he is. It may not be in his nature, but he has to put on the heat to his guys to (maybe) straighten them up.

Posted by: Anemone1 ()
Date: December 24, 2013 10:15AM

If you blame the Dolphin's lack of success on Philbin for being "Mr. Emotionless" how do you explain Belicheat's success (aside from cheating)? The guy is not exactly Mr. Gregarious; in fact, I have never seen him wear any expression except for the look of perpetual constipation on the sideline.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 24, 2013 10:55AM

Anemone1 Wrote:
> If you blame the Dolphin's lack of success on
> Philbin for being "Mr. Emotionless" how do you
> explain Belicheat's success (aside from cheating)?

I think he'd rather Philbin be pumping his fist at every first down drinking smiley

Date: December 24, 2013 10:59AM

I don't blame Philbin for his sideline behavior. I have never said that.

I blame him for his stubborn insistence on continuing with the same offensive scheme he plotted out in pre season EVEN THOUGH

1) it has been demonstrated to be a dismal failure and

2) the brief times in games we have gone AWAY FROM IT, we have had success, in fact the only success we have ever had and

3) when we then dutifully returned to it, we get stuffed time and time again. And Tanny gets sacked time and time again and either takes us out of scoring position or worse, fumbles.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: December 24, 2013 12:30PM

"It was the most lethargic, poorly played, completely effortless display of Miami Dolphin football I can recall since the Jax playoff loss...and we deserve to know why."

I agree. NOBODY was ready to play this football game. How could the letdown after the NE game be this all-encompassing?

Rick

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.