HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Andre Goodman signed by....
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Andre Goodman signed by....
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: March 01, 2009 03:00PM

Denver who also signed two free safeties this year....Brian Dawkins and Renaldo Hill. I think Dawkins will move to SS.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Andre Goodman signed by....
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: March 01, 2009 03:05PM

So who is our other starting CB? Jason Allen? Nathan Jones? I'm not sure I'm comfortable with that. I would be surprised to see a rookie start right out of the gate, so I hope BP has a plan.

Date: March 01, 2009 03:08PM

There are still unsigned CB's out there...McFadden, Bodden etc. I bet we sign one early this week.

.....................................................................................

Posted by: NJ Dolfan ()
Date: March 01, 2009 04:27PM

What was Goodmn's deal worth?

Date: March 01, 2009 04:44PM

5 year 25 mil 10 guaranteed

Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: March 01, 2009 05:09PM

I bet we don't sign one. With the exception of Gibril Wilson, this FA period for us (though still early in the process) has been punctuated by our high expectations and big hopes of landing a big name Lb, WR, or C thus far being met with disappointment and unfulfillment. I'm not knocking on the front office. They're not stupid. I doubt they leave us in terrible shape at CB this season, but I'm just getting used to the feeling of seeing attractive FA's come along and pass by us with no real action on our part. That and watching some of them go to our AFC east rivals makes our calm inaction that much more hard to swallow.

Date: March 01, 2009 05:23PM

yeah from what I can gather, if the value of the available CB's thru FA and the draft is pretty equal then you don't jump at the first chance to get one and over spend. They have their own values assigned to every FA and every rookie and then look at availability.

Maybe they view McFadden, the best CB still out there, as similar to what they can get in the 1st two rounds or maybe they think Jason Allen has improved enough to compete for a starters role...finally. He did have 31 tackles & 1 INT as a backup. By comparison, Goodman had 39 tackles and 5 ints.

I still don't know why we would let Goodman go when he played so much better than Will Allen though. In allowed pass completion ratio, AG was ranked int he 20's and Will Allen was in the 40's.

It should be interesting to see what they come up with but I am getting a little anxious to know.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 01, 2009 07:12PM

Posted by: phinfanjake ()
Date: March 02, 2009 03:52AM

the front office has made it clear through draft pick acquisition that the way to build the team is through the draft..... BP knows what he's doing

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: March 02, 2009 06:11AM

eesti Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> I still don't know why we would let Goodman go
> when he played so much better than Will Allen
> though. In allowed pass completion ratio, AG was
> ranked int he 20's and Will Allen was in the
> 40's.

Goodman is an outstanding corner, from what I saw of him last year I thought that he played extremely well and is a guy we can feel comfortable playing one on one with any teams best guy. He got 5 picks for us and at very huge times in games. I thought that we should have kept him. I think he spent like 7 years with the lions (could be wrong) I think that is why people are sleeping on his skills...

Ultimately I think we let him go because he will be turning 31 this year but no question management did try to keep him but at a low price cause they recognize ability (will allen also turns 31 this year)

Date: March 02, 2009 06:15AM

But you know Will Allen is the same age, makes more money and played worse.

yes, WA is under contract but for only 1 more year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2009 06:38AM by eesti.

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: March 02, 2009 08:15AM

eesti Wrote:
> But you know Will Allen is the same age, makes
> more money and played worse.
>
> yes, WA is under contract but for only 1 more
> year.

Exactly, makes no sense to release him so I suspect at the end of his contract he will not be resigned either. Now that I think about it OL and CB is becoming our top priorities. WA is decent but I would be more comfortable with him as a #2. If we dont sign either bodden or mcfadden I think we will be in trouble since I dont think this years crop of corners are standouts. Basically all cover guys with limited one on one skills and speed (JMO-some exceptions but not much).

I really like J.allen because he can play all positions in the secondary. I like him coming in off the bench in relief or insurance if someone gets injured. I do not like him as a starter since he is so versatile.

Date: March 02, 2009 09:40AM

I know McFadden is considered a cover 2 corner and not a press corner. I am not sure but I think we run a mixture of both.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: March 03, 2009 06:44AM

I think we get a CB in Rd 1 or 2. We can't start Jason Allen under any circumstance.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: March 03, 2009 07:32AM

MikeO Wrote:
> Jason Allen under any circumstance.

Really?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.