HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Kitna / Beck
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Kitna / Beck
Posted by: Northeast Fin Fan ()
Date: March 01, 2009 02:11PM

Cowboys trade for Kitna, which means they won't be giving us a pick for Beck.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Kitna / Beck
Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: March 01, 2009 02:15PM

nobody will give up a pick for Beck.

To sum it up.......Beck isn't any good

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: March 01, 2009 02:46PM

Beck just needs to have a good preseason. If he can light it up he will improve his stock. Some QB will get injured and he will be dealt for a pick next year...

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: phinfanjake ()
Date: March 02, 2009 03:55AM

ya! Orlovsky has another job..... and good old Sage Rosenfels (ex-Dolphin) was exchanged for a draft pick as well.....

Date: March 02, 2009 05:49AM

Beck dreams of being as good as Orlovsky and Sage!!

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: March 02, 2009 08:51AM

MikeO Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> nobody will give up a pick for Beck.
>
> To sum it up.......Beck isn't any good

Give me a break, Beck played in a very bad situation for us. He had to play behind the worst offensive line this team has ever had IMHO. He then had little to no help at the skill positions and a lot of key injuries. A new scheme to learn and having to play before ANYONE wanted him to including the coaches and you have a situation few could have excelled in.

Pure speculation here but I'd say thrust into the exact same situation Henne would have played badly as well.

Beck needs to stay right where he is while learning all that he can from the coaches and from Pennington. The day is coming where Pennington won't be with the team anymore and then we will need a healthy Beck AND a healthy Henne with both being prepared and ready to step in.

Date: March 02, 2009 01:41PM

stop making excuses for Beck. the guy couldn't even drop back from center without tripping over his own two feet. or hold onto the football for that matter. He isn't any good. got that deer in the headlights look. He can't play. Period. Horrible draft pick by Muller. Stop trying to put a positive spin on something that is so painfully obvious

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: March 03, 2009 03:49AM

some fans just have such a hard time letting go. Let Beck go into the light do not try to follow .... he is not the second Guy Bemjamin

Posted by: ranger1 ()
Date: March 03, 2009 04:05AM

Fans are so fickle. When we drafted him everyone was singin his praises. When Cam did not play him people were screaming to let him play he is the next Dan Marino. When he had a bad few games (in which anyone would of under those circumtances) people made excuses. Under new coach and new QB and now Beck sucks and should be thrown to the wolves.

I am curious to see how Beck would do on a better team or even on this team given the right chance I am also curious to see how Henne will do. At the end of the day no one knows until they actually play.

Date: March 03, 2009 04:20AM

If he sucked so bad, Bill Parcels would have sent him packing last year and brought in someone else to develop at the 3rd QB spot.

This alone should show you that they see something in him.

What would you say about a rookie QB that comes in and goes 4-6 as a starter? Completes 47.5% of his passes and throws 7 TD's and 14 Int's.

I guess you would just cut him because he sucks, right?

Congratulations! You just cut John Elway.

.....................................................................................

Date: March 03, 2009 05:45AM

great post eesti

MikeO - you confuse me. Knocking Beck is one thing. Knocking Zach, Keuchenberg is another. You bragged about how great Cassel is, and then praised the Pats for trading him.

Date: March 03, 2009 06:39AM

It's tough to cut a 2nd round draft pick after 1 season without taking a HUGE cap hit. It's easier to keep him holding a clipboard as the #3 QB where he won't hurt your team.

Cassell is a great QB and the Pats did a good thing trading him. What, I can't point out the obvious and STILL be a Dolphins fan????

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: March 03, 2009 07:30AM

Date: March 03, 2009 02:30PM

The issue surrounding Beck is that no one knows if he is any good or not. He had very limited playing time and not nearly enough of it to determine if he can play/improve/learn or not. The smart move for the team would be to keep him and develop him...as I said before Pennington won't be here a lot longer and we will need two young and developed quarterbacks to step in. Then we draft another young guy and bring him along in much the same way.

In order to get good and stay good this team will have to draft quality players, develop them and retain them on the roster.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: March 03, 2009 04:28PM

Ken Wrote:
> The issue surrounding Beck is that no one knows if
> he is any good or not. He had very limited playing
> time and not nearly enough of it to determine if
> he can play/improve/learn or not.

No one has seen more of him than our own coaching staff. If we didn't have SOME faith him we'd be pushing for his trade and pumping up his college numbers. I'm guessing the staff still thinks they have something and can show it off in preseason.

Date: March 03, 2009 07:03PM

montequi Wrote:
> No one has seen more of him than our own coaching
> staff. If we didn't have SOME faith him we'd be
> pushing for his trade and pumping up his college
> numbers. I'm guessing the staff still thinks they
> have something and can show it off in preseason.

I agree but I'm not sure they will want to show it off in the interest of trading him. I think the staff wants to develop the young players we have now and will add in the future. Of course some of them won't be retained, that’s just how the business works, but Beck has talent and promise. The question remains however, is it enough.

The bigger question is will they draft a quarterback (2009 or2010) or not...if they do, then it's a foregone conclusion Beck is history.

I think that he is developing satisfactorily because if he wasn't he wouldn't be here right now.

Date: March 04, 2009 03:13AM

I bet the Pats are glad they hung onto Cassel. Growing the value of your players and your team requires a bit of patience.

Date: March 04, 2009 04:16AM

And now Dan Henning is talking about retiring. I hope David Lee is ready to take over so we can run the same offense.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2009 04:21AM by eesti.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.