Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Coles a No-Go in Miami, Speaks loud and clear on future direction....
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Coles a No-Go in Miami, Speaks loud and clear on future direction....
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: March 01, 2009 10:10AM

Sources are confirming that Lavernius Coles will not sign with our beloved Miami Dolphins. This says 1 of 2 things about what is in the brains of the trifecta.

1. Either they will address the WR position early. Heyward-Bey, Nicks or Britt will be the pick as they seek to find a legitimate #1 WR to compliment the other WR's we have.

or

2. The trifecta have complete trust in Berkley's favorite player....Ted Phin exscuse me, Ted Ginn to be a legitimate and true #1 WR in this league.

We will see....but one thing is for sure. The lack of signing at the position, albiet the absolute lack of a signing for a player who wants to be here and one of the top WR's in FA in Coles speaks *VOLUMES*.......the secret is......what is the trifecta thinking? It has to be either one of those options. Which one is it?

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Coles a No-Go in Miami, Speaks loud and clear on future direction....
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: March 01, 2009 01:01PM

It will be just like last year...everyone will be drooling for a WR early and they will take one with 2b. Last year everyone wanted the QB and we took one with 2b after passing on Flacco, Brohm and Ryan. We will pass on Nicks, Britt and Bey and draft Robiskie. Just my guess unless Baltimore goes after Brian R.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: March 01, 2009 02:10PM

Coles isn't any good. Old and slow. Not a gamebreaker. Not the type of WR Miami needs. At the right price, sure bring him in. But for what Coles wants.......no way.

Coles will re-sign with the Jets. They offered him the most money and he will crawl back there

Date: March 01, 2009 02:49PM

HE was dumb enough to turn down 6 mil a year.

.....................................................................................

Posted by: noetic ()
Date: March 01, 2009 08:45PM

The Dolphins have offered Coles a contract, according to John Clayton of ESPN.

Date: March 02, 2009 04:24AM

I heard they called his agent to tell him they were not interested...I guess we'll see when we see.

Posted by: ChambersDeepBall ()
Date: March 02, 2009 09:15AM

All this talk of Hakeem Nicks on the board, Brandon Tate, who also played at UNC, could be better than Nicks. He just had injury problems in college. He is a risk but could be good value in the later rounds

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: March 02, 2009 09:37AM

Coles is not the large receiver Miami is looking for to compliment our recieving core. If we want a player like Coles then we are most likely hunting for Percy in the draft. not interested in paying Coles a ridiculous amount. COles, Bess, Ginn, Camarillo, and then Percy who the phins have privately worked out, all small recivers. WIlford and London would be the 2 large recievers of our receiveing core. Thats alot of slot guys and vey little experience with the larger guys. We need Boldin!!! or draft Nicks IMO. I just hope whoever we start can keep the defense honest and keep them from rolling a safety over the top of Ginn on almost every play!

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: March 02, 2009 01:50PM

Date: March 02, 2009 06:01PM

COles was a Probowl reciever, who is 31 and on the decline of his career. What does it tell you about him when the Jets let him walk, and the team with the QB with whom he has the best chemistry has no real interest him at any price apparantly? I trust in the trifecta on this one, but so far signing guys older then 30 to big money deals, just aint there style, they wanna build with the draft not old FA's. Unless they are no brainers and most likely a few years under 30

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: March 02, 2009 06:23PM

Coles to Cincy

wait and see..

Date: March 04, 2009 12:02PM

Coles to Cincy...... nice call 2 days early! Defintely a downgrade for Cincy though, lose Housh and gain Coles,sounds like and old Spielman move..

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: March 04, 2009 12:22PM

I haver read and re-read Nat Moore's comments about our WR, corps and I think his observations are very astute. I think the Trifecta sees enough in our corps to 'let it ride' for the 2009 season. If you think about it, every one of those guys had their best season ever and are not in decline in terms of age or development, nor have they plateaued. Moreover, Miami had its best year passing the ball (in terms of yardage) in about a decade and probably the best completion percentage in team history (unverified).

I have my gripes about all of them, frankly, but I can see how a coach and GM might look at them and see their collective potential and development and not want to add an expensive FA, especially if he messes up what appears to be pretty good chemistry.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: March 04, 2009 01:07PM

Posted by: grooves12 ()
Date: March 04, 2009 02:13PM

Phinsfan2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Wilford couldn't get on the field even with
> Camarillio out for the season. He's a wasted
> roster spot.
>
> He's going to get cut. It will just be after
> June 1st so we can split the remaining guaranteed
> money over 2 years.
>

Actually because of the owners opting out of the CBA, 2010 is an uncapped year and thus cutting a player after June 1st wouldn't change his ultimate cap hit ... because no amount of remaining bonus can be deferred. It would all go into this year's cap.

Date: March 04, 2009 02:31PM

grooves12,
I agree I didn't want to get in a chatroom fight with a guy that thinks he knows more then you, but my sources tell me the same thing, that Wilford will not be cut,unless a suprise FA is signed or good trade offer. But his real expense has already been paid, and this years investment is minimal, compared to what he was paid in his signing bonus and salary already. Something like, he has made 6 and to keep him one year would only cost 2 more, so it is basicly the difference between six for one year and two for the second, so it makes sense to give him one more year. Plus he has been one of the most committed players all offseason and impressed the staff with his dedication to get on the field, but maybe Phinsfan knows something we don't and he will be immediately cut June 1st.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.