HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Brady gets the surprise of his life...
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Brady gets the surprise of his life...
Posted by: JC ()
Date: November 18, 2013 06:36PM

…a NO - CALL on a Pass interference. He couldn't believe it, Chucky couldn't believe it, My neighbors couldn't believe it. All of New England can't believe it. They think they were robbed. But the refs rightly picked up the flag and made the correct call. Welcome back to reality, NFL officials.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Brady gets the surprise of his life...
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: November 18, 2013 06:47PM

It was pi. But karma for all the bs calls they get every week

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 18, 2013 06:47PM

I don't know what happened! I was glad for it.

When I first saw it and saw the flag, I said, "Oh no. They are gonna to cheat for the Pats."

But then I saw the replay and the fool WRAPPED HIS ARMS AROUND THE RECEIVER.

Bad pick up of the flag!

and it was UNNECESSARY TOO because all he (the defender) had to do was keep his arms open like a grandpa waiting for the grandkids to come up and hug him and there would have been no question because the ball was thrown short and intercepted.

But for the first in their HOO-WAH lives the Patsies got robbed!

Date: November 18, 2013 06:56PM

The ruling was that the ball was not catchable, so interference was waived off. Gronk was about 8 yards deep in the EZ at the time that it was intercepted about 2 yards deep.

Nobody was disputing that the defender's arms were wrapped around the receiver. But if you wrap your arms around the receiver on a pass that he could not catch--no penalty unless a personal foul is involved.

Now, after my initial post, I think I've seen the replay about 673,926 times within the past 15 minutes. I admit, it was a lot closer of a call than I'd thought the first time I saw it.

Commentators Steve Young and Trent Dilfer, two super bowl champion QBs are vigorously arguing that the defender prevented Gronk from coming back to the ball and making the catch. But they're QBs, of course they're going to argue on Brady's behalf.

I'm just glad to see that the "when the game is on the line, let 'em play" philosophy was in effect here….ESPECIALLY BECAUSE THE PATS LOSE AS A RESULT.

I mean seriously, how many BS calls have gone in Brady's favor, about 100 go in his favor for every one that goes against him. I guess he's no longer the darling of the NFL…that was a long time coming.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2013 06:58PM by JC.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: November 18, 2013 07:00PM

sorry but the call was wrong. uncatchable is when the ball sails out of the endzone. if gronk isn't mugged he'd have had a shot at it. I've seen him leap and make crazy one handed catches. Maybe he doesn't catch it but it wasn't uncatchable

Date: November 18, 2013 07:05PM

I can see your point but it seems to me that the guy wrapped his arms around the receiver and basically carried him or forced him forward.

What the announcers were saying about the uncatchable was who knows with this kind of contact what, if any, opportunity the guy would have had to catch the ball.

I see your point JC.

But traditionally, uncatchable has been reserved for a ball thrown out of bounds.

Frankly, I'm no expert but I have never seen uncatchable for a ball in the field of play. I can't remember it if I did but I don't think so.

Let's put it like this, though, in the final analysis I would be screaming (if I didn't die of a heart attack) if that call were NOT MADE AND THE Dolphins were in the same position of the Patriots.

but the damn Panthers should never had been in that position.

They basically TOOK OFF THE PASS RUSH ON BRADY ON THAT FINAL DRIVE!

Date: November 18, 2013 07:11PM

berkeley223 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> sorry but the call was wrong. uncatchable is when
> the ball sails out of the endzone. if gronk isn't
> mugged he'd have had a shot at it. I've seen him
> leap and make crazy one handed catches. Maybe he
> doesn't catch it but it wasn't uncatchable

The ball sailing out of the end zone is not the only non-catchable scenario. It can be too short of a pass and be non-catchable was well. That is what the referees ruled to be the case (whether they were correct or not).

I've seen Gronk leap and make crazy one handed catches too, but I haven't seen him stop on a dime, change direction then go forward six yards to make a catch.

Did the refs make a bad non-call? Maybe. But if so, I'm okay with it, given how many times the refs in the past have given Brady a flag whenever he cried for one.

Date: November 18, 2013 07:28PM

On a semi-related note, how about Ted Ginn Jr. making the winning touchdown for the Panthers…remember him?

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: November 19, 2013 01:23AM

if anything it should have been defensive holding.

screw the pats. it's about time they had a call go against them.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: November 19, 2013 03:22AM

Damn, I quit watching at the beginning of the fourth when the past were threatening. Damn damn. angry smiley

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 19, 2013 03:30AM

Posted by: KB ()
Date: November 19, 2013 03:43AM

I can explain the call. ANYTIME a team is wearing LIGHT BLUE and calls themselves CAROLINA, the refs are gonna do their best to give 'em the game...It was payback for the Belmont loss...oh, no wait...wrong sport lol!smiling bouncing smiley

P.S. If you don't watch college basketball you won't understand.

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: November 19, 2013 03:51AM

That was great!!!! Brady finally gets a major call against him that could have swung the game. Karma. Oh well smiling smiley

Posted by: jrhammerjr ()
Date: November 19, 2013 04:33AM

I'm glad the Pats lost but that was a terrible call, it should have been holding at the least, Keachly was impeding Gronks path to the ball, if the Pats had done that to the Steve Smith and they picked up the flag the fans in Charlotte would have rioted. The Pats usually get the calls I'm surprised this time they didn't

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: November 19, 2013 04:38AM

No way Gronk gets to that ball before it's intercepted.
Illegal contact maybe.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: November 19, 2013 04:59AM

If the ball wasn't intercepted then the flag would have stayed, but it would have been intercepted even if Gronk wasn't mauled because he was so far back. Watching Brady crying to the official was priceless.

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: November 19, 2013 06:12AM

The patriots always pull this shit though, they put their guys in situation so they either get called for pass interference or off sides false starts. So glad they lost!

Posted by: SCPhinsFan ()
Date: November 19, 2013 06:25AM

Patriots have a tough game next week vs Denver. If we can Beat Carolina, we can pull to just 1 game behind New England.

Posted by: tonybaby5 ()
Date: November 19, 2013 07:07AM

oh ok just beat Carolina...Yea and if the Queen had balls she would be the King.

Date: November 19, 2013 11:04AM

We can argue the correctness of the call until the cows come home but if I am Carolina's coach, then I am humiliating that guy in front of the rest of the players because it was a BLATANT hold. And he didn't have to. All he had to do is keep running and not hold. Even if he were pushing would have looked like he was fighting back. It was just dumb to wrap his arms around the guy.

There's a cool way to steal and a stupid way to do it.

There is a phrase that is getting popular here in Southern California from a political scandal.

It is, "Pigs get fat but hogs get slaughtered." That guy was being a hog.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: November 19, 2013 12:21PM

Tom Brady is an exceptional quarterback and deserving of HOF status after he retires. However, he sure is a "big spoiled cry baby." He has that for a reputation as a person. A prima donna; some think a Diva.

The officials consistently favor Patriots' play. For all the plays in NE's favor over the years,,,this terrible call was just a bitter pill to take....Now NE fans know how the rest of us have felt when we were robbed.

Posted by: KB ()
Date: November 19, 2013 12:25PM

TO be honest, I live among obnoxious Panther fans and SCAM Newton worshipers. I was just hoping there was a way they could both lose. But since it helps my Phins...I had to snicker at the poetic justice of that AWFUL call at the end.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: November 19, 2013 02:48PM

The lady has several Stupid Bowls TUCKED with tainted obviously fixed calls so --- the hand that props you up can be fickle...

Date: November 19, 2013 03:15PM

Posted by: davdoldew4 ()
Date: November 19, 2013 04:13PM

Finally, justice. The Patriots thrive off of PI Calls. You just know that they practice for PI calls in a tight game like Carolina.
Look how many calls, Brady and the Patriots, have gotten against the phins over the years.

Poetic Justice, and I really loved seeing him show a lack of discipline walking off the field and giving the official grief. I really enjoyed that !!!

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: November 20, 2013 07:11AM

it was a bad call, but I remember 2 HORRIBLE calls when we played them that helped cost us the fame.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: November 20, 2013 07:19AM

BigNastyFish Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The lady has several Stupid Bowls TUCKED with
> tainted obviously fixed calls so --- the hand that
> props you up can be fickle...

That aint all he's got "tucked" in his "taint".

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 20, 2013 09:33AM

bradys extra large anal cavity is yearning for attention from one of his humongous Olinemenz.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.