HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Inside perspective from MMQB...
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Inside perspective from MMQB...
Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: November 07, 2013 04:23AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Inside perspective from MMQB...
Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: November 07, 2013 05:23AM

Well written article and seems very even handed in its analysis of both sides. I honestly think that Martin probably wasn't cut out for the type of intensity and thick skin that being a starting offensive lineman in the NFL requires. He wasn't playing well. He'd been switched to right tackle which in his mind may have seemed like a demotion (though in reality was more a consequence of Clabo's demotion). He got fed up and walked away. I think what followed might be best described in chess terms as backward chaining. Start with your conclusion (Martin leaves the team) and work your way backward to find a a good reason for leaving that deflects any blame away from yourself. In the end, I guess only the two of them really know what went down. Sad situation.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 07, 2013 06:04AM

Great article, and right on point.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: November 07, 2013 07:56AM

Warren Sapp said Incognito used racial slur and kicked him in 2006 at Oak vs StL.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: November 07, 2013 08:52AM

Excellent read

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: November 07, 2013 09:12AM

It's a good read FROM ONE PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW.

However, I also read where I think it was Peter King who asked Murtha, when writing about the coaches, to name names, which Murtha failed to do.

Does that mean anything? I don't know, but again, we should wait until the special counsel finishes its investigation and comes out with their report before condemning anyone.

From what I have been reading/hearing, so far, I question whether Incognito should have been suspended at all?

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: November 07, 2013 09:46AM

eesti Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Warren Sapp said Incognito used racial slur and
> kicked him in 2006 at Oak vs StL.

Why didn't he file a report with the nfl and threaten to sue? From what I gather that is the appropriate response these days.

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: November 07, 2013 10:16AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> eesti Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Warren Sapp said Incognito used racial slur and
> > kicked him in 2006 at Oak vs StL.
>
>
> Why didn't he file a report with the nfl and
> threaten to sue? From what I gather that is the
> appropriate response these days.

Because at the time he didn't consider it malicious. He felt it was an attempt by an inferior player get him angry and kicked out of the game.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: November 07, 2013 10:33AM

Keyshawn also said Sapp bullied many staff and players on the Bucs, Chidi Ahanatu being one who eventually had enough and called Sapp out in front of everyone and Sapp wanted none of it.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: November 07, 2013 01:11PM

Sapp bullied me before... When Sapp was in college i was at a townhouse party for monday night football in the Grove where Sapp, pretty much lived... We got into gambling with a bunch of guys tossing quarters against a wall.. I went up over $400 on Sapp over the course of an hour... I threw one toss, that was a twenty dollar bet, when I over threw the quarter... Sapp bullied me, and told me we were even and that toss was double or nothing... I said what the hell are you talking about, that was a twenty dollar bet just like all the rest of the bets... He bullied me around and said that its, I am even i am out.. I said you are not even you owe me $380, he got all hot and bothered and over reacted... Needless to say I didn't get my money and learned that was the last time I ever bet with Sapp... He also bullied my friend out of ten grand on some football debts, and never paid... So Sapp, is pretty much full of shit... And use to muscle people around all the time in college...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: November 07, 2013 01:26PM

I thought Murtha explanation of the $15,000 was very different then martin's camp would like it portrayed... Also the prank, was about being sick or injured... Players didn't want to catch the bug, so anytime a player was injured or sick, healthy players pulled the prank on that player... And the prank had nothing to do with anything other then that...

All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: jrhammerjr ()
Date: November 07, 2013 01:40PM

I've had to stop watching the so called sports reporters, when they were talking about what Ryan and Bryan and Tyson said they were all like, well how would the QBs know what the OL was doing and such. Everytime I watch it just pisses me off to no end. I wish there was some other news story to get everyones mind off this. When is the next govt shutdown comingsmiling smiley

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 07, 2013 01:58PM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> Sapp bullied me before... When Sapp was in college
> i was at a townhouse party for monday night
> football in the Grove where Sapp, pretty much
> lived... We got into gambling with a bunch of guys
> tossing quarters against a wall.. I went up over
> $400 on Sapp over the course of an hour... I threw
> one toss, that was a twenty dollar bet, when I
> over threw the quarter... Sapp bullied me, and
> told me we were even and that toss was double or
> nothing... I said what the hell are you talking
> about, that was a twenty dollar bet just like all
> the rest of the bets... He bullied me around and
> said that its, I am even i am out.. I said you are
> not even you owe me $380, he got all hot and
> bothered and over reacted... Needless to say I
> didn't get my money and learned that was the last
> time I ever bet with Sapp... He also bullied my
> friend out of ten grand on some football debts,
> and never paid... So Sapp, is pretty much full of
> shit... And use to muscle people around all the
> time in college...

That doesn't sound like bullying to me, Crowder. It sounds like welching but not bullying.

Unless what you're saying is that if he weren't so big then one would whip his ass and take their money out of his pocket.

Date: November 07, 2013 02:08PM

Yes Chyren his size and notoriety, kept me from getting my money.. What was I suppose to do, I was 17-18, half his size, he was a rockstar, and nobody else in the party, while some my friends, could get him to pay either. Warren did whatever the f he wanted at times... Warren bet only to win, if he lost, what was anybody going to do, and he knew it... He just ran out of people to bet...... I felt bullied at the time... But whatever, lesson learned... I just never bet with the guy again... He was being so taken care of back then, that he felt entitled to act that way I guess...

ps- when I say party I am talking maybe 12 guys watching a monday night football Dolphins game..

Nietzsche

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2013 02:13PM by Crowder52.

Date: November 07, 2013 03:03PM

Date: November 07, 2013 03:21PM

Chyren is was the first night I ever met the guy... I was friends from growing up with the actual owner of the townhouse... And he was tied in with the big boosters in Miami and WS. WS pretty much lived with him and drove around his cars... I was a senior in High School, WS was a sophomore or junior at UM I believe circa 1993 or so.. I didn't hang out with him all the time, or we weren't tight, we had a mutual friend who we were both tight with and both still are... WS was actually a cool decent guy, the other couple times I was around him... But money and him was not a good mix... I just lost respect for him... He got me once shame on him, I never let him get me twice which would have been shame on me.... It is the only guy in my history of betting that pulled that crap.... But like I said, the boosters, supported him, and those guys I had grown up with... So it was more a lesson learned experience... My actual friend offered to cover it and felt bad, but I just let it die... My main point is WS, has no place to criticize anyone else, he knows exactly the BS he pulled on people because of his size and power in UM... I could have called the NCAA, and said, he is getting paid and doing drugs, I guess if I took Martins approach... But then I would have hurt my friends, who were in the middle of it...

About 5-6 years ago, that same friend tried to get WS in a real estate deal that was going on between us, I laughed and brought up that night and said no way I would do business with that guy...

Nietzsche

Date: November 07, 2013 05:52PM

You did right. The first time, shame on you. But no next time.

Now what you should do is try and convince him that by-gones are by gones and then get him to trust you enough to burn him. Don't worry, these guys aren't the brutes they appear. He would probably just laugh his ass off.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.