HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Bodden or McFadden?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Bodden or McFadden?
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: February 26, 2009 12:20PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bodden or McFadden?
Date: February 26, 2009 12:24PM

Everybody knew you could throw on the Steelers cornerbacks.

But nobody throws on Leigh Bodden.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: Westcoastphinfan ()
Date: February 26, 2009 12:40PM

I agree with Aqua & Orange. Bodden looks like a better choice, but if we can afford McFadden, that would be ok as well.

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: February 26, 2009 01:22PM

MCFADDEN IS THE MAN. An FSU DB, we been needing one for years!!

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: February 26, 2009 03:50PM

I have seen mixed reports but with most having McF as the top corner and Bodden much lower.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: February 26, 2009 08:23PM

call me crazy but I dont think the problem was our corners, i thought they played very well. I dont feel desperate for a upgrade at this position, I would not mind an upgrade at nickle though.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: February 27, 2009 02:21AM

Miami Reppa Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> call me crazy but I dont think the problem was our
> corners, i thought they played very well. I dont
> feel desperate for a upgrade at this position, I
> would not mind an upgrade at nickle though.

Our corners were not helped by our lack of a pass rush. That was our secondary's biggest problem. But, right now, we only have one legitimate CB on the roster, Will Allen. We need to add 2 quality CB. We need one guy to start opposite Allen. And we need another to play the nickel, and he has to have enough upside that he could start in the event of an injury, and possibly replace Allen next year when he hits free agency.

Date: February 27, 2009 02:59AM

True, we need two CB's as of today. Our pass rush was non existent except for Joey and he disappeared late in the season.

Charlie Casserly talked about this....he said "show me a corner (Foxworth) who has a great season playing behind a great pass rusher (John Abraham) and I'll show you a one-hit wonder. I could play CB behind Abraham."

I have high hopes for Wake and Porter next year. Also...I like Langford but we need to generate some pass rush from our DE's. It would be impossible to find another Bruce smith but that's what we need. He is the all time leader and he played DE in a 3-4....that's amazing.

I think the only players close that could do it from a 3-4 DE spot would be Julius Peppers and Richard Seymour...but they are still not in the same class as Smith and Peppers is in a 4-3 and wants to play ROLB.

Do you think the Trifecta is content with Langford and Merling or would they upgrade with someone like Tyson Jackson?

.....................................................................................

Date: February 27, 2009 03:02AM

Quote:

"Do you think the Trifecta is content with Langford and Merling or would they upgrade with someone like Tyson Jackson?"

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
No. Why would they? Merling and Langford have shown *ALOT* of upside. Would be a wasted pick when we have so many other glaring needs.

---------------------

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: February 27, 2009 03:02AM

eesti Wrote:
> Do you think the Trifecta is content with Langford
> and Merling or would they upgrade with someone
> like Tyson Jackson?

Langford and Merling were rookies last year and at least Langford far exceeded expectations. The Trifecta will give these 2 at least one more season to see how they mature. I, personally, think M & L will be our starting DEs in the future.

Date: February 27, 2009 03:06AM

I think Langford had a really good first half of the season and slowed down the second half, where IMO it was the exact opposite for Merling. He was quiet the first half and played really well the 2nd half of the season.

Both have shown me exactly what Victor said, they will be our future starting DE's.....no question about it.

---------------------

Date: February 27, 2009 03:26AM

Why were they interested in Canty then?

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: February 27, 2009 03:35AM

eesti Wrote:
> Why were they interested in Canty then?

I don't believe they ever were. I think it was something made up by journalists seeing the Cowboy connection and assuming there'd be interest. Canty had 25 tackles last season, 2 for no gain or loss, and 3 sacks. By comparison, Holliday had 31 tackles, 3 for no gain or loss, and 3.5 sacks. And Holliday was on the field for a lot fewer snaps, sharing time with Merling.

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: February 27, 2009 05:20AM

McFADDEN is a HOMETOWN GUY. BODDEN was a DETROIT LION last year, and we dont need any bad mojo.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.