HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Martin AWOL
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
Martin AWOL
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: October 30, 2013 02:36PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Martin AWOL
Posted by: Ken ()
Date: October 30, 2013 03:06PM

You have got to be kidding me...well I hope he gets it cured, and soon. Its good that the team is sticking with him for the time being though.

Good message to the team that they are supported...question is, how much rope do you give him?

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 30, 2013 03:26PM

No Ken the question is how much rope you give the fools that played the joke on him.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: October 30, 2013 06:06PM

The real story is that the locker room is a wreck, and the players are fed up with Mike Sherman.

Posted by: slipstream ()
Date: October 30, 2013 06:12PM

short week, Martin's gone AWOL, Clabo's starting, and Pouncey is now a target in the Hernandez investigation.

Tannehill will be lucky to get out of Thursday's game in one piece.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: October 30, 2013 06:30PM

This an incredibly troubling story -- speaking to a level of dysfunctionality and systemic ineptitude that makes the US Congress resemble a well-lubed machine!

Suddenly, the state of this franchise is looking beyond laughable and becoming certifiably pathetic -- certainly well past the bottom-of-the-barrel thresholds I would have believed possible about 5 weeks ago…

Man. When the toilet flushes ------- it goes down fast!

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: October 30, 2013 06:42PM

Posted by: tonybaby5 ()
Date: October 31, 2013 04:23AM

Did they steal his lunch money and hide his milk and cookies.....UNREAL!! Season is over 7-9.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: October 31, 2013 04:31AM

Sad. I hope the young guy gets his head together, not for the team, not for the fans, but for himself.

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: October 31, 2013 05:34AM

This is what I am saying, if it wasn't for football half of them would be in prison.

35-7 Bengals tonight

Date: October 31, 2013 05:57AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No Ken the question is how much rope you give the
> fools that played the joke on him.

really? whatever prank they pulled should not have set off a reaction like this. Martin must be an enormous p$$Y

Date: October 31, 2013 05:59AM

I heard Martin has a yeast infection?

Date: October 31, 2013 06:01AM

I heard the prank was someone stole his tampons and switched his birth control pills with tic tacs

Date: October 31, 2013 06:12AM

...did they hide his Venus razor???

Just not right. OTs need to be smooth and silky!

Date: October 31, 2013 06:15AM

they hid it in his purse!

Date: October 31, 2013 06:23AM

This Ireland sucker can find the flaws like flees on a dog!

Constantly drafting injured players post major surgery cripples psycho misfits transsexual metros and pedestrian football flunkies… Quite the record…

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: October 31, 2013 08:03AM

I think this cost us the game tonight. To much going on here that is not about football. Its 2013, young people are so different these days. I cannot imagine what the hell happened at that lunch table.

Posted by: KB ()
Date: October 31, 2013 09:40AM

Hmmmm...Philbin is listening to a NY lawyer for advice on managing an NFL team? The pu$$ification of the country and the league continue.

Date: October 31, 2013 09:50AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> they hid it in his purse!

RESPONSE: While we might all like to think that a "prank" by definition is harmless, let's wait to find out what it really was.

I'm getting the same reaction that one expects to get from football "fans" who like to play their aggression out on the keyboard.

But there are "funny" pranks like putting something in a jar that pops out a big jack in the box and there are nasty pranks that show that your teammates have no respect for you as a man.

NOW I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE PRANK WAS AND I'M NOT SAYING IT WAS THIS but just so some idiot does not repost that I'm turning this thing around I give this hypothetical to give an example of how all pranks are not harmless.

Let's suppose there is High School Student A, he goes to his locker and opens it up, inside there is a Godzilla dummy that is rigged to roar when the locker is open. That's funny.

However let us say that INSTEAD the same High School Student A goes to his locker and opens it up and there is a doll that is dressed like a prostitute, well the fact is that his mother has just been arrested for prostitution and the word has spread around the school.

Is that funny? If you say yes, then you are a moron yourself.

Date: October 31, 2013 09:53AM

And another thing too. This team is playing like sh*t! If a joke is truly funny and harmless, that's one thing but for a joke to take a dig at someone's ego to the point that that person goes ballistic might be one thing on the Kansas City Chiefs but STUPID and THE LAST THING YOU NEED on a HAPLESS team like the Miami Dolphins.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: November 01, 2013 04:24AM

I think Martin gets traded. I don't know how he could come back after this episode. Maybe he can go protect Luck again. Denver and Seattle both lost LT's to IR this year but there won't be much of a market for this kid. He is just not good enough.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 01, 2013 05:10AM

Latest rumor is that Martin is gay...which would explain a lot! It would also change my opinion of Martin. If he's had to deal with gay slurs and abuse all this time, then I don't blame him for walking away.

It would also explain why the group hasn't been able to play successfully as a unit in pass blocking. If there's tension going on...one guy may not want to get too close to the other on the field...it's a formula for disaster. Notice how good the O-Line played when Martin wasn't there!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2013 05:13AM by montequi.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: November 01, 2013 06:05AM

WHat a clusterf*ck..... Is he on excused absents where he keeps his game check?

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2013 12:03PM by Crowder52.

Date: November 01, 2013 09:00AM

Date: November 01, 2013 09:51AM

montequi Wrote:
> Latest rumor is that Martin is gay...which would
> explain a lot! It would also change my opinion of
> Martin. If he's had to deal with gay slurs and
> abuse all this time, then I don't blame him for
> walking away.

Vic, that was what I was talking about with respect to assuming it was a harmless prank. I knew it had to be something more than towel snapping or putting putty in his pudding.

Date: November 01, 2013 10:57AM

the word is that when he sat down at the table for lunch everyone got up and left. 5th grade crap. now it's likely that stuff like this went on for a long time and that's what caused him to snap this time, but seriously, man up. you don't essentially quit your job over it and run home to mommy and daddy.
also I love throwing the word "bullying" around with respect to a 6'5 300+ pound man. give me a break.

Date: November 01, 2013 11:10AM

I heard he was sick, with flu like symptoms and was practicing anyways.. When he sat down at the lunch table with his fellow linemen, they all got up and walked away because they didn't want to get sick.. It was part serious part joke but Martin freaked out over it...

Who knows if that is the truth or just a cover story to protect a more sensitive issues like being gay..
They have been ribbing him since he was a rookie as the big weirdo...

I imagine it was a tough couple days in the linemen room, with the Pouncey drama the day before..

I have only heard the gay reference, not about Martin, but in saying how mean a locker room can be, and an openly gay player would be crucified... I didn't hear that Martin was gay...

All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: November 01, 2013 11:42AM

Date: November 01, 2013 01:18PM

Jesse Agler said from his sources who talked to Martin.. Martin said he is having personal issues and it has nothing to do with bullying. He has been in touch with his teammates, who are worried about him, and expects to be back with the team, but he needs some time(a couple weeks) to deal with his personal issues... But reiterated his absence has nothing to do with bullying...

Nietzsche

Date: November 01, 2013 01:38PM

Good to hear at least.

Pages: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.