HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Our old friend Sage
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Our old friend Sage
Posted by: Northeast Fin Fan ()
Date: February 23, 2009 09:39AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Our old friend Sage
Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: February 23, 2009 10:39AM

I would love to see them stuck with two high-priced QBs. I also think it would be interesting to see how a negotiation might go between Pioli and NE. Would it be fair market value, or would there be a discount/premium based upon the relationship?

I did just a little bit of research on the Pats salary cap situation, and it doesn't look pretty. Their top 5 cap hit players for 2009 eat up almost $56 million and the next 5 $22 million.

By comparison, our top 5 (now incl. Carey) eats up $30.5 million and our next 5 eat up $20 million.

Perhaps more importantly, our top-5 cap space is being used primarily on young players early in long contracts, while theirs is dedicated to much older players later in their contracts. To be fair, their players are being paid like those whose team has dominated for much of a decade.

Finally, our overall 2009 cap looks to incl. about 9 million in dead cap...I have no idea what there dead cap hit looks like.

Posted by: cahokietim ()
Date: February 23, 2009 11:52AM

tsstamper: THANKS for the valuable update.

Could you also post WHERE you're getting your cap-space information?
(I've had troubles finding this).

THANKS!

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: February 23, 2009 12:38PM

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: February 23, 2009 01:35PM

Geez. Who would have thunk it a few years ago that someone would be trading for Sage.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: February 23, 2009 01:39PM

Of course, with that trade that just happened, it makes me wonder why Beck isn't on the block.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: February 23, 2009 03:44PM

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: February 23, 2009 06:21PM

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: February 23, 2009 06:55PM

I heard Thigpen doesn't fit Todd Haley's system but they did retain Chan Gailey so who knows if they will stick with Gailey's spread offense or go with Haley's. Haley runs the same offense as the Patriots....a version of the Ron Erhardt/Ray Perkin's offensive system. Sounds like Cassel may be a better fit.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: Saint 55 ()
Date: February 23, 2009 09:35PM

Yeah, that's the problem with a lot of NFL teams when it comes to coacing personell. Too many times coaches step in an with their "new system" ruin a promising thing. Thigpen and KC were turning things around. Defense let them down a lot, and they had one of the youngest teams in the NFL. I really hope they keep a lot of the same things installed in their system next year. Would be tough for the team to basically have to start over.

Far as Sage going to Vikes. Wooohooo! Huge Fresno State fan, so I'd LOVE for Berrian to have somebody who can actually throw the ball. Not that Sage is a Godsend, but he's WAY better than anything they have or any rookie they could bring in. Besides, I've always kinda liked Sage.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: February 24, 2009 04:17AM

Sage sucks.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: Northeast Fin Fan ()
Date: February 24, 2009 04:48AM

Thigpen has some glaring weaknesses - he doesn't operate well under center and he can be a turnover machine. That said, Cassel doesn't operate well under center either. I heard the other day that something like 80% of Cassel's snaps came out of the shotgun during the second half of last year.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.