HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Nose Tackle
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Nose Tackle
Posted by: realist ()
Date: February 22, 2009 03:01PM

I think the recent articles about us looking for a Nose tackle is a bit of subterfuge by our trifecta.

1) they are not going to tell the world what they are going to do.

2) They WILL do something to throw people off the trail

3) Ferguson is getting old...but he is still going to start this year, and Soliai is improving.

Personally I think this stuff is intended to throw people off the scent of what they really are looking for and to motivate Soliai to get in the weight room and come in to camp fighting for a spot.

I don't believe we are going to sign Jason Brown, that would require us to have 3 guys on OL making $6-7 million/season each.

I think we will draft a Center in the 2nd round. and this Nose Tackle convo is just a distraction.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nose Tackle
Posted by: DolphinSam ()
Date: February 22, 2009 04:35PM

Since we've been hearing it so much, it may happen. When Ferguson doesn't play, the line suffers. He's only playing one or two more years.

We may very well pick up Ron Brace, but if we did hopefully it would be the 2nd round. I wouldn't mind that. Personally, I think Parcell's comment about needing "firepower" is a little bit of subterfuge. I think it'll be another year of rebuilding the lines, mostly.

A lot of talented guys may be gone before our first pick at 25. Guys we're discussing like Mack, Lauranaitis and Nicks may be gone before we even have a chance to pick. If that happens, we may end up with Stinton, English, Maybin, or maybe Robinson.

I think we'll never know, I think Ireland will watch how the draft goes and if certain guys are nabbed before us, he'll just choose another BPA guy on his list, and then get a need pick in round two, like a center, NT, corner, safety, etc.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: February 22, 2009 05:13PM

DolphinSam Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think we'll never know, I think Ireland will
> watch how the draft goes and if certain guys are
> nabbed before us, he'll just choose another BPA
> guy on his list, and then get a need pick in round
> two, like a center, NT, corner, safety, etc.

Agreed, but we can't lose site of the need at ILB. I think it's greater than any other need right now, seeing as they'll likely let Crowder walk and Ayodele already proved (against KC) that he isn't the answer at ILB.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: February 22, 2009 05:32PM

NT is certainly a need for the team. I don't think there's any deception going on. Ferguson is getting old and has had injury problems in his recent past. Soliai has the size, but has tons of question marks and was not productive when he did play. And remember, he was suspended twice this season. His status on the roster is tenuous, at best.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: February 22, 2009 05:40PM

we will sign one of either bart scott or jason brown, so we will be able to cross either ILB or C off the draft needs list, and free up the top 3 picks for DL, WR, and LB or C (whichever we don't sign as a FA). I can see up taking NT with one of the 1st 3.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: February 22, 2009 06:01PM

berkeley223 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> we will sign one of either bart scott or jason
> brown, so we will be able to cross either ILB or C
> off the draft needs list

We need 2 ILBs. Crowder is basically gone, and Ayodele is at-best average. Even if we sign a FA ILB, we'll still need to draft one high.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2009 06:02PM by montequi.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: February 23, 2009 05:19AM

Sammie Lee Hill may be someone we take a look at if Ron Brace is gone with our 3rd round pick...or maybe the FO will have him higher rated. Who knows. He is an "off the radar" small school (Stillman in Tuscaloosa) prospect kind of like Kendall Langford was last year. 6'3 329 lbs with a 30 inch vertical jump.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: February 23, 2009 04:02PM

Did anyone see Terrance Taylor lift? He looks like he should be in a strong man competition pulling buses. He benched 37 times but they did not count a few strokes....like 4 or 5. He could have easily gotten 42 reps...he is a monster.

Might be a nice late rounder as well.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: February 23, 2009 04:53PM

IS it FREE AGENCY FRENZY TIME OR WHAT??????
C'MON

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.