HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Dolphins at Cardinals: Gameday Thread
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Dolphins at Cardinals: Gameday Thread
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: November 07, 2020 05:17AM

With tropical storm ETA heading to South Florida for a possible visit, the Dolphins escape to Arizona to face the Cardinals. The game starts after 4pm EST.

This will be start #2 for our rookie QB. Last week the defense and special teams secured the prominent position on the field and stopped the Rams. Whether the defense will be that prominent again this week is unknown. The defense must feel good about their effort and it just may be enough to give the Cardinals a real headache.

The offense is a bit stymied with Myles Gaskin out, so Breida must step up. Hopefully, the game plan is to get him in open territory where he can use his speed to gain ground rather than trying to find running gaps between the tackles. Misdirection and good blocking from the TEs could be part of the play book. Something to look for early on in the game. If the running game can get going, Tua will have some time to complete passes to our eager receivers.

Go Dolphins!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dolphins at Cardinals: Gameday Thread
Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: November 07, 2020 02:05PM

colonel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> With tropical storm ETA heading to South Florida
> for a possible visit, the Dolphins escape to
> Arizona to face the Cardinals. The game starts
> after 4pm EST.
>
> This will be start #2 for our rookie QB. Last week
> the defense and special teams secured the
> prominent position on the field and stopped the
> Rams. Whether the defense will be that prominent
> again this week is unknown. The defense must feel
> good about their effort and it just may be enough
> to give the Cardinals a real headache.
>
> The offense is a bit stymied with Myles Gaskin
> out, so Breida must step up. Hopefully, the game
> plan is to get him in open territory where he can
> use his speed to gain ground rather than trying to
> find running gaps between the tackles.
> Misdirection and good blocking from the TEs could
> be part of the play book. Something to look for
> early on in the game. If the running game can get
> going, Tua will have some time to complete passes
> to our eager receivers.
>
> Go Dolphins!

Fins will have a tougher time vs the Cardinals because of Murray's escapeability. Miami's three losses came against a QB who is able to use his legs. Hopefully our D will be able to keep Murray in the pocket. Tua is going to have to do a much better job against the Cards than he did vs the Rams. I think he will, but we will just have to wait and see.

Breida is out (hammy). Jordan Howard has been brought back up to the active roster. They still have Laird and a couple of other RBs.The OLine has done a good job protecting the QB, but not so good in the run game. Hope they play well enough, which will help Tua.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: November 08, 2020 01:40AM

If one were to identify the single variable that seems to indicate W or L for the Phins so far this season, it's whether they're facing a mobile QB. I do think they'll continue to struggle there, but our D has improved over the course of the season to date. I wonder if they'll do the "spy" thing with maybe Baker or Van Noy.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 08, 2020 11:36AM

Good start on defense

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: November 08, 2020 12:59PM

Good to see that Tua is pulling his weight, just needs to improve his decision making.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 08, 2020 02:40PM

I said it before and i will say it again. If tua can stay healthy he will be a great qb. This is more proof that his health should be only concern. He has lots and lots of talent and acuracy.

Date: November 08, 2020 02:44PM

Sweeeet.. I think we got us a football team.

Finally.

Date: November 08, 2020 04:12PM

First off, I haven't seen Murray play and have to say that he is terrific. He is an accurate passer and he is fleet of foot. He is a QB that can carry a team to victory often because of his combined skills. That said, today's game was a thriller.

The Dolphins are progressing nicely defensively, however, I raised my eyebrows a number of times watching Xavier Howard. There were lots of penalty calls on him and for the most part were deserved. He is not a "shut down" corner; nor is B. Jones. They are not quite there in my opinion. Perhaps, I am wrong. Maybe they are headed for that elite moniker, but not at this point, not yet.

TT is the Dolphins version of Murray. He is very accurate passer and has very good mobility; however, I do worry that he may re-injure his hip again when he takes off. Overall, Tua had a very good game and will improve each week; very happy with what I'm seeing, thus far. Two thumbs up, for sure. thumbs upthumbs up

Winning is a wonderful feeling, something that all of us have missed for way too long. IMO, coaching is the best we've had since JJ. hot smiley

Go Dolphins!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2020 04:13PM by colonel.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: November 08, 2020 05:52PM

Tua looked good. Hope we can work Perry , Bowden and Kirk Merritt into the Offense with Parker and Williams, need one to be a slot weapon Merritt could be this years Preston but with like a 49" vertical and 4.33 speed

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: November 08, 2020 05:56PM

Huge stuff by Zieler, play of the game

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: November 08, 2020 11:13PM

I agree that neither Jones nor Howard is a week-in-week-out shutdown corner, and both of them had a subpar game compared to what they're capable of and what we've become accustomed to. I do think portions of that are due to:
- Murray's elusiveness and buying receivers time
- their receiver corps being very strong

While most of Howard's were deserved, I also got the sense the refs were calling PI pretty liberally...against both teams, which is the silver lining I suppose.

Date: November 09, 2020 02:36AM

Agree--refs were consistently strict and even-handed throwing the flag. And, I do agree that Cardinals receivers are very, very good. When you think of it, our team did a superb job ... we won that thriller. Wow Wee! It's coming together.

Go Dolphins.

Date: November 09, 2020 02:41AM

The beauty of finally having a defense minded HC is that Flores takes an extra special interest in the development of that side of the ball. I have no doubt that there will be gradual improvement in time for the play-offs.

Date: November 09, 2020 02:46AM

According to NFL.com we have moved into the #7 position in the conference so, we are solidly in the play-off picture.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: November 09, 2020 07:30AM

Good win. Im beginning to see that we can beat anybody anywhere attitude developing.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.