Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          The dolphins disrespect the natinal anthem on opening day.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
The dolphins disrespect the natinal anthem on opening day.
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 13, 2020 08:01AM

They stayed inside for the anthem. What a bunch of disrespectfull mfers. The diserve to lose today.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The dolphins disrespect the natinal anthem on opening day.
Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: September 13, 2020 02:37PM

While supporting BLM and Antifa that are now recruiting children?

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: September 14, 2020 07:50AM

Date: September 14, 2020 07:56AM

Date: September 14, 2020 07:58AM

Date: September 14, 2020 08:00AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2020 08:02AM by samsam3738.

Date: September 14, 2020 08:01AM

mizzou wwrote

I wonder why some hate these guys so much. They
don't have a history like the Klan of burning
crosses and churches.

Antifa is an anti-fascist and left-wing
political
movement in the United States comprising an
array
of autonomous groups that aim to achieve their
objectives through the use of both nonviolent
and
violent direct action rather than through policy
reform. Described as a highly decentralized
movement, antifa political activists are
anti-racists who engage in protest tactics,
seeking to combat fascists and racists such as
neo-Nazis, white supremacists and other
far-right
extremists. This may involve digital activism,
harassment, physical violence and
property
damage against those whom they identify as
belonging to the far-right.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: September 14, 2020 07:22PM

Let's keep the discussion about how this topic relates to the game.

Let's not make it lean towards a political discussion.

And let's certainly not copy and paste from wikipedia eye rolling smiley

Keeping this on topic (The Dolphins) vs a political discussion in general is a fine line, I know. It can easily drift to the latter if we are not careful.

But we can do it. Just remember to think how your post is relative to the game before hitting that Post Message button.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: September 15, 2020 02:04AM

JC is right. There are many things that cause most of us to be upset about social activities around the country. I personally could write a book about it, but not here on this forum. We must abide by the rules of engagement and stick to commentary about the actual play on the field, which at the moment, leaves a lot to be desired. However, things will improve and the players will synchronize their play as they begin to gel as a team.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: September 15, 2020 04:03AM

Sorry I forgot Wikipedia is another top 10 threat to our democracy.

Date: September 15, 2020 08:44AM

mizzou15 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sorry I forgot Wikipedia is another top 10 threat
> to our democracy.

Anything that is agenda driven and not driven by facts is a threat.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: September 15, 2020 03:00PM

Wow. Way to kill a conversation.

You people are ridiculous. The mods gave a bit of leeway, some direction and you had to drive it over the cliff anyways.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: September 15, 2020 07:27PM

mizzou15 Wrote:
> Sorry I forgot Wikipedia is another top 10 threat
> to our democracy.

Don't know exactly what you're driving at by saying that.

Whatever you meant, it has nothing to do with the Dolphins.

It's a simple standard, really:

--Does it have to do with the Miami Dolphins? --

Yes? Doesn't break any of the other rules? Then okay to post!

No? Going off on a tangent? starting to drift into run of the mill politics that has nothing to do with our football team? Then NOT okay to post.

Date: September 16, 2020 09:07AM

Below is not a political statement. It's simply a feeling that I had while in the military that I will share.

While serving in the military, my wife and I raised two boys. They got to experience the influence of military good order and discipline because they saw it everyday. Once in a while, there was a movie they wanted to see and it was available at the installation theater. We'd go, get some popcorn, the usual stuff and find our seats. Before the movie started, there was the playing of the Star Spangled Banner and every moviegoer stood up while the song was played in a very patriotic short movie on screen. My boys stood quietly and watched the film which showed brave soldiers, sailors, marines, airmen and coast guardsmen along with scenic views of America transitioning as the music played on. Every time I saw that film and one's like it those moments gave me chills. It made me feel part of something, proud to be American and happy that my boys were there experiencing patriotism with me. My boys, now grown men, still appreciate those moments too.

Colonel

Date: September 16, 2020 09:47AM

Thats why we need to tell kapernick to respect this country or get the hell out of this country.

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: September 18, 2020 08:39AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> Thats why we need to tell kapernick to respect
> this country or get the hell out of this country.

All the political bullshit that seems to find its way on this board is why I rarely look at it anymore. On a side note, the above comment may be one of the most anti-American ones I've read in a long time. Freedom of opinion only exists if it includes opinions that you don't agree with.

Date: September 18, 2020 08:51AM

Yeah tell that retard kapernick to go live to another country.

If he ever comes play for the dolphins i would hope the phins dont win another game ever.

Date: September 18, 2020 09:01AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> Yeah tell that retard kapernick to go live to
> another country.
>
> If he ever comes play for the dolphins i would
> hope the phins dont win another game ever.

Out of curiosity moderators, is this sort of comment considered an acceptable use of the board? If so, I guess I'll bid you all a fond goodbye.

Date: September 18, 2020 09:10AM

They probably agree with me.

Date: September 18, 2020 05:58PM

I'll leave it up to the mods and Curt to decide what is and whats not acceptable here.

But I'll say here and now.....yeah I agree 100% Sam.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: September 19, 2020 02:17AM

Fins72--

Lawyers, not all, but some are wordsmiths. Some write very well while others can't and some can type while others can't. Some can spell and it's hard to believe seeing the word crime with a K from a lawyer with a high school, undergraduate and professional JD degree.

SamSam is no wordsmith. Agree? His choice of words are often in left field and better words would probably be more descriptive and more accurate.

We, meaning JC or me, could edit SamSams' use of the word "retard," strike it as politically incorrect today, but I remind you that as a kid growing up in the 50s my dopey friends would have silly rank out contests and "retard" was one of those classy descriptive words, along with "your mother wears combat boots" being used. As a kid we took these comments to be silly and total bluster, having little if any true meaning to demean anyone.

SamSam is no wordsmith and his choice of words are simply "raw." He is using the word "retard" as others would use the word, fool, boob, jackass, jerk, etc. All of those words are designed to characterize, to paint a picture of the person being described. No one is taking SamSams' use of the word as painting a picture of any mentally handicapped or physically handicapped person. Remove the word "retard" from SamSams' post and substitute the word "jerk."

Does that improve the context of his post? If so, consider that I have edited his post to now read: "Yeah tell that jerk kapernick to go live to another country."

To go on, I personally would never use the word "retard" in any way to insult a person as a grown adult. There are better, more accurate and descriptive words that are far more illustrative, in my opinion.

Moreover, I am telling SamSam, right now, not to use the word "retard" in any further post, but instead, use the word "jerk" instead. Should he forget, his entire post and related responses will be removed from the thread.

Colonel

Date: September 19, 2020 03:57AM

Excellent post Colonel!

Now.....if we can only get him to drop the saying "wet firecracker". grinning smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: September 19, 2020 05:37AM

colonel Wrote:
> Fins72--
>
> Lawyers, not all, but some are wordsmiths. Some
> write very well while others can't and some can
> type while others can't. Some can spell and it's
> hard to believe seeing the word crime with a K
> from a lawyer with a high school, undergraduate
> and professional JD degree.
>
> SamSam is no wordsmith. Agree? His choice of
> words are often in left field and better words
> would probably be more descriptive and more
> accurate.
>
> We, meaning JC or me, could edit SamSams' use of
> the word "retard," strike it as politically
> incorrect today, but I remind you that as a kid
> growing up in the 50s my dopey friends would have
> silly rank out contests and "retard" was one of
> those classy descriptive words, along with "your
> mother wears combat boots" being used. As a kid
> we took these comments to be silly and total
> bluster, having little if any true meaning to
> demean anyone.
>
> SamSam is no wordsmith and his choice of words are
> simply "raw." He is using the word "retard" as
> others would use the word, fool, boob, jackass,
> jerk, etc. All of those words are designed to
> characterize, to paint a picture of the person
> being described. No one is taking SamSams' use of
> the word as painting a picture of any mentally
> handicapped or physically handicapped person.
> Remove the word "retard" from SamSams' post and
> substitute the word "jerk."
>
> Does that improve the context of his post? If so,
> consider that I have edited his post to now read:
> "Yeah tell that jerk kapernick to go live to
> another country."
>
> To go on, I personally would never use the word
> "retard" in any way to insult a person as a grown
> adult. There are better, more accurate and
> descriptive words that are far more illustrative,
> in my opinion.
>
> Moreover, I am telling SamSam, right now, not to
> use the word "retard" in any further post, but
> instead, use the word "jerk" instead. Should he
> forget, his entire post and related responses will
> be removed from the thread.
>
> Colonel

Thanks for the response Colonel.

My problem with the board is more than just the use of an incredibly ignorant and offensive term, it’s the persistent deviation from what the stated purpose of this board, which is, and I quote, “a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins.” The constant bashing of individual players for how they choose to demonstrate their dissatisfaction with the social justice system currently in place is not anything close to being a discussion about the Miami Dolphins. I am not going to inject my personal beliefs on the subject because if I wanted to, there are plenty of forums for me to bitch and complain about any number of political topics. This board used to be my refuge to escape from all that vitriol.

Curt outlined his policy regarding as follows:

“I'm instituting 4 very specific rules about posting politics here:
1. Don't.
2. Don't under any circumstances.
3. When in doubt, see rule 2.”

He goes on to state:

“If you think I'm being unfair or unreasonable and imposing censorship on political speech, you're absolutely right. I view political speech as one of the most important things we can do - just not here. If you really want to influence American politics, don't Boo. Vote!!!!! I am fully prepared to suspend someone for a first offense. I'm also prepared to ban people who just won't behave. This is not difficult to understand.”

This seems quite clear and I happen to agree with it. I wouldn’t discuss my opinion of Chris Grier’s draft choices on a political forum not because I don’t have an opinion about them, but because it wouldn’t be the appropriate choice of venue.

If Curt’s admonitions are no longer applicable to the forum, then I’ll just move on and find a more appropriate site which is more focal in its purpose of Miami Dolphins discussions. No hard feelings on my part. Curt’s the boss and if he’s okay with this sort of activity, then so be it.

Have a great day and go Dolphins!

Date: September 19, 2020 07:21AM

To all, but particularly addressing Fins72:

In my opinion, this topic is a bit of a unique case. It can be interpreted as having political overtones, yes. BUT there is an important distinction here: This topic is actually about the Miami Dolphins as well and what's more, it addresses a specific incident that took place at an actual Miami Dolphins game.

So you see how this can be argued as on-topic, don't you? It is technically a post about the Miami Dolphins. There definitely is a gray area here.

At one point, this thread contained a post or two that departed from what happened at the Dolphins game--there was a post containing a definition of a political term, and a reference to a specific (non-local to Miami) politician. Those posts were removed, because IMO they did not address the Dolphins.

Sam's post about Colin K referred to the issue that happened at the Phins game, but calling the guy a retard was out of line. We have strict guidelines against calling *each other* names, but I think that rule is less defined when referring to coaches/players, etc. Not a great thing to call someone that--as Colonel mentioned--it used to be considered harmless but nowadays is considered offensive and insensitive to those with mental disabilities. Inviting someone to relocate to another country--not a major offense.

I was (and still am) considering locking this thread, as Week 1 is now over and the original discussion has kind of run its course.

But leaving it open for now if we care to discusss it further for a short while.

Fins72: I know you've been on here for a while--I personally want you to stay on the forum and I don't want you to feel that moderators are being one sided when enforcing rules.

SamSam: lay off the 'retrasado' talk please, just un poquito.

How I personally feel about this or any issue should have no bearing on how I act as moderator, and I take that distinction seriously.

To anyone who made it to the bottom of my blather: thank you for reading. Go Phins!

Date: September 19, 2020 07:30AM

To jc and colonel. I never thought the word retard would have such effect on people. It was definite never said to make fun of people with discapabilities. It just a fuligure speech.

To others. If you dont like what i post use the block feature. It is a very usefull feature.

Date: September 19, 2020 07:31AM

Figure speech.

Date: September 19, 2020 08:02AM

Thanks for you input, JC.

As with everything these days, opinions can vary rather drastically. I fail to see how Colin Kaepernick has any relationship to a Miami Dolphins forum. He's never played for the Dolphins and isn't even on an NFL roster. My interpretation of Curt's rules are that Miami Dolphins discussions pertain to Miami Dolphins on the field matters. The opinions that relate to social justice and equality of treatment under the law, whether we like it or not, are political ones. How people feel about them is very directly linked to which side of the political divide they reside in. For me, sports is an escape from the constant drone of arguing, name-calling, and back-biting that has become an all too ubiquitous facet of our society. Because of the white hot hatred that people seem to have for the other side of the political divide, everything becomes political. Even disease has become political for God sake. Sports should be different. I guess I resent the fact that the tribal nature of society has taken over the sport I have loved since I was a little boy. We used to argue with Jets, Bills, and Patriots fans, not each other. Whatever our political beliefs were, we still bled aqua and orange.

Clearly I'm in the minority here and I'm okay with that. From here on out, if it becomes too onerous for me to participate here, I won't. No hard feelings toward Sam or anyone else on the board. Just my opinion.

Date: September 19, 2020 10:36AM

Fins72 Wrote:
> Thanks for you input, JC.
>
> As with everything these days, opinions can vary
> rather drastically. I fail to see how Colin
> Kaepernick has any relationship to a Miami
> Dolphins forum. He's never played for the Dolphins
> and isn't even on an NFL roster. My interpretation
> of Curt's rules are that Miami Dolphins
> discussions pertain to Miami Dolphins on the field
> matters. The opinions that relate to social
> justice and equality of treatment under the law,
> whether we like it or not, are political ones. How
> people feel about them is very directly linked to
> which side of the political divide they reside in.
> For me, sports is an escape from the constant
> drone of arguing, name-calling, and back-biting
> that has become an all too ubiquitous facet of our
> society. Because of the white hot hatred that
> people seem to have for the other side of the
> political divide, everything becomes political.
> Even disease has become political for God sake.
> Sports should be different. I guess I resent the
> fact that the tribal nature of society has taken
> over the sport I have loved since I was a little
> boy. We used to argue with Jets, Bills, and
> Patriots fans, not each other. Whatever our
> political beliefs were, we still bled aqua and
> orange.
>
> Clearly I'm in the minority here and I'm okay with
> that. From here on out, if it becomes too onerous
> for me to participate here, I won't. No hard
> feelings toward Sam or anyone else on the board.
> Just my opinion.

72 ......don't leave . We need as many real Dolphins fans as we can get. But its Irony that you seem to be OK with Players using thier platform for a political protest. But then you claim that this place is your refuge from Politics.

Thats exactly what we are saying! We all just agree pro sports should be a refuge from Politics and the ugliness going on in the world. These are Millionires telling us blue collar working men and women how we should feel and act. AND WE PAY FOR THE PRIVILEGE. The Miami Dolphins and all players need to STFU and play ball. Help Americans forget about everything else for 3 hrs. Add to that... the way Miami played last week, they should just stay in the locker room.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: September 19, 2020 11:28AM

Play ball! Go Dolphins.

Date: September 19, 2020 06:52PM

Amen tcpf. And thank you for agreeing with me. Go phins lets play ball.smileys with beer

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.