HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Hakeem Nicks
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Hakeem Nicks
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: February 17, 2009 01:44PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hakeem Nicks
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: February 17, 2009 01:54PM

I like him alot, big guy(target)that showed his strength also seems to go for the ball and showed his concentration, with a few circus catches. If he is there, my vote we take him....

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: February 17, 2009 02:04PM

What I like is that he is a guy that is projected to go to the colts and a guy that is NFL ready. They have had pretty good luck picking WR's like that late in the first round...Reggie Wayne & Gonzales.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: February 18, 2009 05:33AM

I said Hakeem Nicks a looooong time ago. But, I think his stock is going to rise a little higher than we draft. I bet he goes 18-23.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: February 18, 2009 06:00AM

That would put Percy, Nicks, Bey, Maclin and Crabtree all as potential 1st rounders. I am betting that only 3 are taken. 4 tops.

.....................................................................................

Posted by: Saint 55 ()
Date: February 18, 2009 07:34AM

eesti Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That would put Percy, Nicks, Bey, Maclin and
> Crabtree all as potential 1st rounders. I am
> betting that only 3 are taken. 4 tops.

I actually think Nicks will be the most productive on that list...career wise, and depending on which team he goes to, also for his rookie season. A lot of flash and hybrid in the others, but Nicks seems the more solid choice.

I actually wouldn't hate it if Saints took him at 14, but I really doubt that will happen. Not that we need another big possession receiver in the Colston mold, but we could use another receiver. I know my Phins-fan friend wouldn't be upset with Nicks with the first pick. Put him with one of the most proficient (if not THE most proficient) QBs in the game...nice things can happen. Bess is a great slot (as a Fresno State fan I saw plenty of him), Ginn as a deep threat, and Nicks to haul in goaline lobs. Be fun to watch. I think I'd pass on any of the other receivers if Nicks isn't available though. You already have a Macklin/Percy mold, and Crabtree will be gone by then. But Nicks...Mmmmm.

But who knows how the draft will play out for receivers. Last year pretty much destroyed all we thought we knew about evaluating WR talent. How many ?? names came off the board before the hyped WRs were drafted? Plenty. Donnie Avery, Eddie Royal...they weren't supposed to go before Kelly or Sweed. Either way, nobody in their right mind thought Donnie Avery would be the first WR taken.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 18, 2009 07:49AM

dont need a wr, unless we can get the best choice at wr why bother, i mean its apparent that THE MIAMI DOLPHINS, cant draft recivers we had chris chambers who realy didnt impress me much, and ginn same thing. we had clayton and duper, in the last 25 years and thats about it. in fact are draft picks have sucked except brown,long. for the past 9 years.

Date: February 18, 2009 08:07AM

Well, the "best choice at WR" really depends on the team. Nicks is EXACTLY the type of receiver the Dolphins need. Personally, I think he is the best choice at WR for you guys. I know Crabtree is bigger and more hyped, but Nicks seems to play bigger than Crabtree does. But yeah, Phins have other needs, and there is no way Parcells drafts a WR in round one. Hopefully you'll find a big Colston/Boldin-mold receiver in the later rounds. But WR-wise, that's the only kind you're missing. You got a Welker in Bess, you got a burner/reverses guy in Ginn.

Anyway, as many other needs as you all got, I don't think I could boo a Nicks pick in round one. Then again, it's not my team hehe, so I have less emotion invested in the pick. I'm personally hoping Nicks goes to the Vikes along side Berrian.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2009 08:07AM by Saint 55.

Date: February 18, 2009 08:11AM

you need to worry about your team, who has alot of talent but cant use it lol reggie bush is A BUST!!! cant play ALWAYS hurt, and colston , is nice but so is the other guy. but your qb never throws to him. you defense is weak, and shocky is a bum. total waist on him without brees you guys would look like cincinati. your kicker blows. so you should work, on your team needs cause our team would deff win more times than not agaisnt your's

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: February 18, 2009 10:58AM

"in fact are draft picks have sucked except brown,long. for the past 9 years." Not sure that makes sense, aren't you rooting to sign Vernon Carrey,like most as the priority FA. He would have been drafted, in the time frame you speak of. Wes Welker was picke up unsigned as to Davone Bess, no need drafting a guy if no one else, is going to draft him and he wants to play for you. Also last years draft, you are saying everyone on the draft sucks but Long. Think a little before you trash all these players. OR are you just trying to stir shit up?

Posted by: noetic ()
Date: February 18, 2009 01:19PM

Date: February 18, 2009 01:51PM

wow i could care less if i was classy, i dont want to be classy, im a man. a manly man, dont read what a write if it bothers you. i dont realy care thanks for your 2 cents, but realy with the economy the way it is save it, and so what WE TRADED WELKER SO? we didnt draft bess!!!! carey is decent, but not awsome!! and there isnt a explosive game changer besides brown, and long in the past nine years we drafted, thats my point, people do there jobs but we been a bunch of bum's cause we cant draft the good stuff, thats my point. so take it how you want and you know what the saints fan can go to his site and talk about what he wants like, you know my great grandfather lived to 100 years old and do you know how? well he minded his own f.klin buisness smiling smiley

Posted by: noetic ()
Date: February 18, 2009 03:40PM

Nothing more than incoherent babbling. I truly feel sorry for you.

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: February 18, 2009 05:15PM

WELL he does need to worry about his team.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: February 18, 2009 05:57PM

pat white

Date: February 18, 2009 10:18PM

Posted by: DolphinSam ()
Date: February 21, 2009 02:10PM

I like Nicks too, I hope he's there in the 2nd round.

I would have no problem with him being our 2a pick.

Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: February 21, 2009 03:30PM

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: February 21, 2009 08:20PM

Date: February 22, 2009 05:03AM

The HAKEEM NICKS koolaid is going around.....

Posted by: RW13 ()
Date: February 22, 2009 09:18AM

He ran a 4.49 today at the combine. That's faster than I thaught he would be.

Date: February 22, 2009 10:03AM

Panteraize Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think it's funny how Saints 55 said "
> Personally, I think he is the best choice at WR
> for you guys. I know Crabtree is bigger and more
> hyped, but Nicks seems to play bigger than
> Crabtree does."
>
> Pretty Insightful. Today we come to find out
> Crabtree is 6'1, two inches shorter than
> advertised. Not a bad evaluation. Turns out Nicks
> plays bigger because he probably is bigger. Or at
> least we can say that because they're both
> apparently 6'1 it's not AS big a surprise that
> Nicks may look bigger in film...

Yeah, I looked him up before I posted that and was surprised that they had him at like 6'3". I never remembered him being that big lol. So yeah, I guess it wasn't just mine eyes deceiving me when watching Nicks. That guy just feels big. Maybe it's just the way he moves.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: February 22, 2009 10:18AM

I like Robiskie, will he be around in the second?

Pat White would be a great addition to the wildcat

Seneca Wallace is this type of QB and isn't bad, and isn't the athlete White is

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: February 22, 2009 11:07AM

I think i saw nicks pull up gimpy, i dont think it was serious but i dont think he did all of the drills. I was watching on and off so I am not positive.

Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: February 22, 2009 12:53PM

yeah that was him, he pulled something it looked like

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: February 23, 2009 02:45AM

I heard Mike Mayock on Colin Cowherds show compare Nicks to Anquan Boldin/Hines Ward.

He said he recieving skills are eerily similiar to Boldin and he blocks as well as Ward does. Thats what we need right there.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: February 23, 2009 04:55PM

ROBISKIE will be a 2nd round pick somewhere, all depends on where the other guys go.

Andre Smith dropping like a rock effects the entire draft.

Date: February 23, 2009 05:31PM

It is seeming more and more like the value at 25 is at WR. I am hoping for something like this....
1 WR
2a LB
2b CB
3 NT
4 S
5 LB
7a OL
7b LB
7c CB

Nicks or Maclin is now my first choice but if we don't get them then LB with pick 1....followed by Heyward-Bey, Britt or Robiskie in the second along with Sean Smith depending how he runs tomorrow.

Date: February 23, 2009 09:27PM

Date: February 25, 2009 08:22AM

Nicks strained a hamstring at the combine and did not do all the drills. This will hopefull let him fall a bit.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.