HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          i bet we trade our 1st round.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
i bet we trade our 1st round.
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 17, 2009 05:44AM

it would make alot of sense to me to trade our first round pick to a team who is REALY early on the rebuilding side like cleavland, or cin, somone i mean why 25 is not that great of a pick anyway how much better is the center? in a 25th or 44th place pick? and you know the top 4 or 5 lb's will be gone, including top 2 3 wr's so ? trade for a quality vet, and a 3rd or 4th round pick. we got enough talent, and having a solid vet, like the houschman, or a solid o lineman, or d-back, would alow us to trade away 1st rounder, and prob get a decent 3rd or 4th with it, i mean i would trade.? why have ALOT of rookies and 2nd year guys need a few vets to be balanced. especialy at reciver which is why i think we will hit up a trade for a top notch reciever.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: i bet we trade our 1st round.
Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: February 17, 2009 06:00AM

why not trade up?

Date: February 17, 2009 06:06AM

why would we unless you want to take the best center or lb why trade up ? i mean i just dont see us taking a wr in the draft unless late in the draft, dont need a reciever, i like the offense the way it is just add a pat white to the wildcat, and shor up the o-line so we can run effictive in any off look. and we will dominate, sure a playmaker is always needed, and yeah we could use a threat to be doubleteamed but if we shor up the o-line, we can FINALY kick butt running the ball,which with out currant group of wideouts we would own ALOT of teams, i mean we got two fantastic, te's. and greg, ted, devon, are realy solid recievers?

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: February 17, 2009 07:01AM

I was thinking that the other day. It is a possibility that we could trade down a few picks if the guy we are targeting is gone and the value is not there.

I think if there is a run on LB's, DB's & WR's, then they could try and trade down.

The value of the 25th pick is rated at 720 points. For instance if Detroit wants to trade up from their 33rd pick (580) then they will have to compensate us with 140 points...their 3rd rounder. The Lions pick @ 82 (180 points) in the 3rd so we would get that pick and then have to give them back 40 points...our 5th rounder.

So we would trade our 1st and 5th for Detroit's 2nd and 3rd.

That would leave us with #32, #44, #56, #82 & #87 in the first 3 rounds.

I think there is a lot of value and opportunity to gain a slider at 25 so it may not be worth it to gain a 3rd round pick.

If we were to move up from 25 and for instance trade with Detroit for their 20th pick, we would have to give up 130 points...or our 3rd rounder which is pick # 87 (155 points). We would then be negative 25 points and get compensated with Detroit's 6th rounder.

So we would trade our 1st and 3rd for Detroits 1st and 6th.

Probably not worth it unless we can get someone like Jeremy Maclin, BJ Raji or Ray Maualuga.

(Detroit has #1-1, #1-20, #2-33, #3-65 & #3-82) They should get a lot of talent with those picks.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: February 17, 2009 10:15AM

funny I havent agreed with anything victory has been babbling about, infact i do wonder if he is a fish fan or is just mocking us. But this time i have to agree with him as well. At pick 25 (right now before combines) I dont see anyone that we can get in the first that we cant get similar talent later. Top flight centers will be around in the second, top safties, LB's. If we wanted a top qb, wr, OT and maybe DE i would say no we may have to move up or stay put but for what we need we can get later.

I like what teams like the eagles and the sorry pats did, trade that first and next year we have two first round picks which we can package a deal and move up to get a top 10 (game breaker).

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: February 17, 2009 10:28AM

I can't see us trading up unless it was for someone like M. Crabtree, and I don't see us having the picks to move up that far.

I think we stay where we are unless it involves giving up our number 25 1st round or one of the second rounders for a FA acquisitioon.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: February 17, 2009 04:10PM

I think we should trade the first rounder for pat white pat white pat white pat white.....

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: February 17, 2009 05:47PM

Date: February 17, 2009 06:43PM

trade it for a 2nd and whatever else not sure about the point system

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: February 18, 2009 11:50AM

Steve Wyche now has Everette Brown sliding to us at 25. Cushing, English and Maybin going ahead of him with Laurinaitis going to the Jets, Pettigrew going to Buffalo and Louis Delmas going to NE.

I wish.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.