HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Culver in 09?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Culver in 09?
Posted by: Saint 55 ()
Date: February 16, 2009 11:23PM

Okay, so I'm new here...when it comes to posting at least. Better mention it from the get go, but as you can most likely tell by my forum name, I'm not a Dolphins fan. Don't get me wrong, I find myself rooting for them most of the time (unless they play the Saints), but it's more the fact I'm a football fan in general, and the Dolphins are an interesting team this offseason. My best friend is a Dolphins fan, so I get to talk plenty Fin football. Got to witness his reaction to the Ginn pick first hand. Gotta say, it was priceless. We got most of it on film =).

Anyway, to the topic!

One player that kindda stood out to me later in the season was Tyrone Culver. Being an NFL Sunday Ticket subscriber and having 4 DVRs, I was able to watch all the Dolphins game. He always seemed to be around the ball, which is a great sign for a safety. Great tackler, etc. It's was basically his second year (was on IR his "actual" 2nd season), and Green Bay was pretty high on him. Missing a year in their organization kind of allowed others on the roster to leap-frog him, thus, he was cut. But he was a tackling machine the last few games for the Dolhpins, which led to more playing time. He would have produced some good numbers had he been playing that much all season.

I'm just curious to know what the actual Fins fans think of him, if they noticed his play, etc etc. I know a lot of you are thinking along the lines of safety help, but I actually think Culver could turn into a great player, especially if he gets a full offseason. He's still young, and seems to fit the Parcells mold. Not to mention he was coached right at Fresno State by a pro-minded coach. Either way, I think Culver is better than any safety you'd find in the draft. Personally I think your needs could/should be met elsewhere.

Anyway, was just curious if this is just my Fresno State fandom wishing the best for alumni, or if Culver really was impressing. Not sure what his contract situation is, but would you like to see him in aqua and orange this coming season? You think he'll get a chance to battle for a starting spot given his production at the end of last year?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2009 11:25PM by Saint 55.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Culver in 09?
Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: February 17, 2009 05:55AM

Say good post Saint 55. I've been curious about this guy Culver. Didn't get to watch as many Phins games last season as I live in Denver, but we do need safeties. Hope you are right. smiling smiley

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: February 17, 2009 05:57AM

Yeah.. I like him and he did make some plays in limited playing time. Finished strong to end the season with 6 tackles in each of last 3 games, no PD's no Ints. I know he was originally signed to back up @ SS but was released and resigned to compete with Hill at FS. Hill had 11, 3 and 5 tackles to end the season and 2 pass def and 1 int.

He even played starting the nickel role toward the end. He did pretty well. Also plays ST's.

Hopefully he keeps improving and takes the FS spot. Hill is old and Culver is young and is bigger than Bell or Hill.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 17, 2009 05:58AM

he looked good in the few times i saw him play and made a NICE SACK !!!! i think he will be a great s, and like you i feel we will adress other needs, and wait till next season to start to go young in a backfield, we will prob go after a cb in draft maybe a s, but deff D-LINE, and a o linman, and maybe a linebacker, depends on the market.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.