Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Tannehill signs new $118 Million contract extension.......
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Tannehill signs new $118 Million contract extension.......
Date: March 15, 2020 01:05PM

Not looking to start any fights here over this. My point , and ONLY point is to show what deep trenches , and a good defense can do for a team.

The Tennessee Titans are keeping the quarterback that led them within a victory of the Super Bowl, agreeing to a four-year, $118 million extension with Ryan Tannehill.

That's almost $30 million a year.

After being traded by the Miami Dolphins to Tennessee last March, Tannehill went 9-4 overall as a starter, 7-3 over the final 10 games of the regular season. He led the NFL with a career-best 117.5 passer rating, the fourth highest in NFL history and a franchise best.

Tannehill threw for 2,742 yards with 22 touchdowns and six interceptions during the regular season. His 9.6 yards per attempt also led the league as another team record. He also set a team mark for completion percentage, completing 70.3% of his passes for third overall in the NFL. He also ran for 185 yards with four TDs on 43 carries.

Like him or hate him , whatever....there is no denying that whoever's the Dolphins pick to be the next franchise QB, they will amount to nothing with out a solid Oline and defense. Of course nothing will help a player like Sam Darnold on the Jets. He just makes bad decisions after bad decisions....We need to pick someone with better decision making capability.

We have to get our Olineman picks right. We have consistently drafted losers, injury prone and not effective. We need a QB who can win when put in a place to succeed. Can Rosen do that? Not looking good. Tannehill went on to set franchise rookie records for passing yards, attempts, and completions his first season despite the poor Oline and people surrounding him. We have to do better at recognizing the talant WE DO have as well as drafting it.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tannehill signs new $118 Million contract extension.......
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: March 15, 2020 02:48PM

Each draft, only about 3 or 4 linemen turn out to be career impact. And not all of them are NECESSARILY top 10 1st rd picks.

Not saying high draft pick QBs don't bust, just that if I have to miss on a top 3 pick, I'd rather miss on a QB.

Just my way of looking at it
You need not agree.

Date: March 15, 2020 06:20PM

DRAFT DOWN!!!Let some other team roll the dice. Still get a QB. Still get a lineman. And a defensive lineman, and a running back and a safety, and a DE.........etc. stockpile for next year.Rome wasnt built in 1 draft.....

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: March 16, 2020 11:55AM

Tennessee is a great fit for Tannehill and I'm happy for him with his payday there. Proof that a well balanced and well coached team is a recipe for success for any QB especially one considered to be a lost cause by many Dolphins fans.

I just hope this makes us all realize how important a solid team is across the board in all aspects of the game and not just all about having a shiny new QB. I think the QB is the most highly criticized position when a team loses a game, even though it's a team sport.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: March 16, 2020 12:03PM

Yeah but the QB has to be experienced WITH and confident IN the offensive SCHEME that he is being asked to operate. He IS in Tennessee but he WAS NOT here in Miami.

You can't discuss the issue without discussing the read option.

Date: March 16, 2020 08:28PM

808phan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Tennessee is a great fit for Tannehill and I'm
> happy for him with his payday there. Proof that a
> well balanced and well coached team is a recipe
> for success for any QB especially one considered
> to be a lost cause by many Dolphins fans.
>
> I just hope this makes us all realize how
> important a solid team is across the board in all
> aspects of the game and not just all about having
> a shiny new QB. I think the QB is the most highly
> criticized position when a team loses a game, even
> though it's a team sport.

Bingo. Couldn't have said it better. If the Titans have a good draft they really are just a few players short of a Superbowl. What they have is exactly what Miami should have been building the last 7-8 yrs he was here.

This offseason we have a chance to rectify that . Looks like they are hitting the defense hard in free agency already. A really good sign.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.