HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          X
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
X
Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: February 06, 2020 01:13AM

Alleged 911 audio from his fiancé has now been made public and it appears from the audio that (a) physical domestic violence has occurred multiple times in their relationship and (b) he has sought to dissuade her from reporting it to authorities because he’s an NFL player.

If these things turn out to be true, it is awful for us. Ray Rice was given a 2-game suspension that was widely panned to be too lenient…but never played again. Kareem Hunt got 8 games. Our own (formerly) Walton was released immediately, as an example of how Flores & Co. react to such on the Phins, albeit for a much less valuable player. My guess is, again if it appears to the NFL that his actions actually took place, at least an 8-game suspension.

While I won’t claim to understand the full framework of how NFL player contracts, compensation, suspensions and salary cap interact, I think that he loses his salary for the period of suspension (and can also be fined in addition to that). His contract was structured in a way that the vast majority of his compensation is base salary, which (I think) is earned on a game-by-game basis. Consequently, we may save some salary cap space…and, more importantly, he faces more severe financial consequences for his actions (again, currently alleged).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: X
Posted by: SCPhinsFan ()
Date: February 06, 2020 05:06AM

I would envision that secondary will be an offseason priority.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: February 06, 2020 07:18AM

Charges were dropped. Howard needs to reevaluate that relationship and get out of it now. He needs to determine if he is the problem or the relationship. A man should never hit a women and if things are in the relationship where it gets to that point the man needs to just walk away.

I followed Rice from his high school and recruiting days. At Rutgers he had a reputation as a stand up guy. Things started to change when he hooked up with his wife. Would never blame a women for taking a right hook but some of the guys need the courage and/or intelligence to just walk away from some of these relationships.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: February 06, 2020 12:41PM

I wouldn't be surprised if he was a draft day trade.

Date: February 06, 2020 12:47PM

jsm08 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I wouldn't be surprised if he was a draft day
> trade.

And have another great player move on to greatness somewhere else? I'll wait to get more info before making that claim.

The team has investigators that will get to the bottom of this. Charges were dropped. mizzou has some excellent advice......drop that toxic relationship. And get help.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.