HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Johnny manziel suspended!!!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Johnny manziel suspended!!!
Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: August 29, 2013 11:01AM

Last years hiesman trophy winner (incase you have been under a rock) received money for his autographs which is an NCAA infraction and received a 30 minute suspension... Incase you don't know similar infractions will and have resulted in year long suspensions... Thoughts?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Johnny manziel suspended!!!
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 29, 2013 11:06AM

how can they prove it if he received cash....unless he is loopy and accepts a check.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: August 29, 2013 12:27PM

I think it is BS, Pryor got much stiffer penalty for much less... If Manziel is culpable enough to receive a penalty it should be much greater then 30 minutes... NCAA is full of Sh*t IMO, and dont want to give up the heisman cash cow for more then 30 minutes... They want the money more then they want to stay true to the rule.... I think it is disgraceful, and laughable a 30 minute suspension against a team like Rice, give me a break....

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: August 29, 2013 02:06PM

When this kid is drafted, his head is going to be so big they're going to have trouble finding a helmet to fit it spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: August 29, 2013 04:24PM

Lol... Yeah, if he is innocent he should not get anything, of he is guilty he should lose a season like the list of others ie brothers that have... The reason is obvious... Smh

Don't really blame manziel, the rule is stupid and now that it applies to the other man I hope it changes....

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: August 30, 2013 08:24AM

I definitely understand where u are coming from Reppa.. But the NCAA did their best to avoid suspending Cam Newton, despite allegations surrounding him and his father and the pay to play scam, when Newton was the cash cow a few years back... I think the NCAA sees green backs before anything else... But I also agree Pryor was accused of much less and got much stiffer penalty.. Either way it is BS... They make a stand this offseason for the military intramural player, not having eligibility... But Manziel basically walks after accusations of getting paid cash for his autograph... The NCAA has zero credibility left in my book.. The rules need to change... Because the governing body are hypocrites..

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.