HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Clowney
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Clowney
Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: August 25, 2019 04:26AM

At first i was not interested the Phins trading with HOU for Clowney. Did not want to give up any draft picks. Now that HOU has lost Miller for the season they are desperate for a rb (Does the need for rb now move ahead of their wanting to upgrade at LT). I think we can package players for Clowney. Drake/Stills, Drake/Harris. Heck Drake/Stills and Harris and we have HOU add a 4th rnd pick w/ Clowney.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Clowney
Date: August 25, 2019 07:17AM

Drake has a huge upside. That's a tough call. Stills!? Hell yeah.....dump that POS. I saw a few capable runners in our stall during Pre season. Liked Laird.
But a player like Clowney.....if hes a team Player could be HUGE.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: August 26, 2019 11:14AM

Laird is a keeper!

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: August 29, 2019 09:56AM

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: August 29, 2019 10:37AM

Fins72 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> I hope the rumors about Clowney for Tunsil (even
> if there are draft picks included) are unfounded
> because I think it would be a devastating mistake.
> Excellent left tackles don't grow on trees and I'm
> not particularly blown away by Clowney any way.
> He's had 18 sacks over the past 2 seasons which is
> good but not particularly elite numbers. Plus, the
> amount of money it would take to re-sign him is
> staggering. This is the kind of move I would
> expect Tannenbaum would make. Grier better think
> this through real carefully because it could blow
> up in his face very easily. The offensive line
> with Tunsil looks to be putrid. Without him, every
> QB on the roster will get pummeled.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: August 29, 2019 10:02PM

I get kicking the tires on any legitimate option to improve the team. And, I don't think that anyone on the team fits into the "can't be had for any price" category. That said, Tunsil, along with Howard, are the two most prominent parts of building with young, elite (or elite potential & on the way to realizing it) players at premium positions.

Clowney is a clear upgrade over what we have @ DE. It's all the other "stuff" that turns me off of any trade for him:
- he can only play on the tag...1-yr rental risk
- he has expressed desire to play for PHI or SEA (I don't want any player playing for us who doesn't want to)
- production hasn't equaled talent, playing across from Watt nonetheless
- some injury history (admittedly not recent)
- the contract he'll demand after tag year, assuming he plays well, will be astronomical
- honestly, just seems selfish, me-first (his right and very common in today's NFL, but contrary to team-first attitude it seems Flores is trying to build)

Keeping in mind what I said above about all our players having a price and kicking the tires, there are real consequences to doing this. It is a business, but they are humans, as well. I'm not saying we should pander to their feelings and sensitivities, but the front office just needs to remain aware of that dynamic when they go about the business of doing business. There's a balance between the healthy pressure to perform of "any of us could be moved if we don't perform" and unhealthy "it's difficult to focus & gel as a team because all of us are constantly looking over our shoulder at what surprise move the FO might make"

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: August 30, 2019 03:44AM

I like the way the f/o is handling the Clowney issue. They have their price and holding for it. I do no think giving up Tunsil is a thought in their heads.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.