HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Mike Mayock Dolphin Draft Needs
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Mike Mayock Dolphin Draft Needs
Posted by: DolphinSam ()
Date: February 11, 2009 12:45AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mike Mayock Dolphin Draft Needs
Posted by: psalm462 ()
Date: February 11, 2009 03:10AM

This is the worst time of the year. There are too many possibilities from now till the draft and with free agency and disgruntled players wanting out of certain places, you never know what can happen. Plus certain teams take the best player available and them some draft for positional needs. So anything can happen at the last minute with trade ups or trade downs on the day of the draft.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: February 11, 2009 04:30AM

Sounds like it was worst case scenario. From what I have surmised, the FO is working on signing Carey and Bell to long term deals and it is their top priority. One of them could also get franchised. I would venture to guess that we retain both of them.

The others I am not so sure about....

I highly doubt Crowder will be back. The FO has offered him what CC called a Special Teams contract. That is like 1 to 2 million per year. Ayodele is under contract for 5 years at 17.5 million (or 3.5 per year). He was already paid the 5 mil signing bonus in Dallas. If they offered less than that for CC then he has to walk.

Goodman wants a big contract but several other comparible FA cornerbacks are available....Philip Buchanon, Bryant McFadden, Kelvin Hayden, Domonique Foxworth and Jabari Greer are all comparible FA's. Nnamdi and Dunta Robinson are better and are also FA's. I would like to see the entire secondary stay together as they played pretty well down the stretch. I would also like to see them compete with rookies for a job...unless we can land Nnamdi or Dunta.

Free Agent signing period begins Febuary 27. The deadline for designating franchise players is Febuary 19th (next Thursday).

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: February 11, 2009 11:37AM

I look to BALTIMORE. They got a bit of talent up for grabs in areas we need an improvment LB and C. They can't TAG everybody. And then we'll truely see where our needs stand.

And MAYOCK sucks.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: February 11, 2009 04:08PM

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: February 11, 2009 04:33PM

Any draft pick guesses at this time of the year are total crapshoots. Number one, the prospects haven't had the combine yet, or any individual workouts, so there is no consensus on who ranks where. And number two, free agency hasn't started yet, so there is no sense of real team needs/. Yes, today, we have desperate needs at RT, G, ILB, CB, and S because of free agency. But, if we re-sign Carey, Bell, Goodman, and Hill or Atogwe, and Thomas and Smiley are healthy, then our needs look totally different.

For what it's worth, Mel Kiper has us taking WR Darrius Heyward-Bey or ILB James Laurinaitis in round 1. He's most likely looking at the situation assuming we re-sign Carey and at least a couple of our DBs.

Date: February 11, 2009 04:39PM

Mayock is a great talent evaluator...one of the best...but when it comes to mock drafts and what a team will do in the draft, he ranks about 13th with Kiper at 9th in accuracy for 3 year averages.

1 Rick Gosselin - Dallas Morning News (50% or 16 out of 32))
2 Clark Judge - CBS Sportsline
3 Chad Thompson - NFL Answers
4 Jay Glazer - Fox Sports
5 Mike McCollom - Football.com

Just goes to show how much of a guessing game it is after the top 3. Too much of a domino effect.

.....................................................................................

Posted by: noetic ()
Date: February 11, 2009 07:00PM

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: February 11, 2009 08:09PM

rick is the man

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: February 12, 2009 02:13AM

The ultimate draft guru is Gil Brandt on Sirius NFL Radio. I don't know that he publishes a mock draft, but during the draft, he calls almost every pick before it's made. He told his fellow panelists that we were taking Ted Ginn in 2007. They all laughed him off and said it was too early for Ginn, and then he said that the Rams would take him if we passed on him at #9.

Date: February 12, 2009 04:05AM

Gil publicly admits to sharing his info with his very good friend Rick Gosselin of the Dallas Morning News so that makes sense.

Date: February 12, 2009 06:20AM

But if you look at his player rankings...they are not that accurate and he graded the Dolphins 08 draft as a C in April and a B in January. He gave the Chiefs two A+'s.

He had Devin Thomas as the top ranked WR followed by James Hardy.
McFadden as #1 RB.
QB's were #1 Ryan, #2 Brohm, #3 Henne, #4 Flacco

Not that insightfull but it may be too soon to tell. Talent evaluation and mocking a draft are two different things...I'll stick with Mayock and Charles Davis for talent evaluations.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: February 12, 2009 06:58AM

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: February 12, 2009 07:45AM

I hope we keep Carey and move him to Guard and then draft Michael Oher at #25.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: February 12, 2009 09:05AM

If Oher is available...yes we almost have to take him....He will be gone way before IMO.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 12, 2009 09:13AM

look are you guys kidding me? we will go after either peppers , or scott if available in free agent moves. we will draft a d lineman prob tackle, go after a cb, and we will prob get pat white if parcells is smart, if we had him in our wild cat come on game over we could take chad out of the play put in another reciver in his place prob cobbs, and done. the wild cat would be insane. thats why we will go after pat white. and the pats will trade brady in 2010 or 11 if cassel has another good year think im crazy? watch. brady is getting old and now has a knee issue which will make him like marino dead in the pocket, and his oline is aging, which will be a issue to adress for new england, meaning a younger more mobile qb like cassel a more sensible pick.

Date: February 12, 2009 09:17AM

AND THE DOLPHINS TAKE IN THE DRAFT 25TH OF THE FIRST ROUND QB PAT WHITE. GOD BLESS THE DOLPHINS AND NO one else.smiling smiley

Date: February 12, 2009 09:20AM

MIAMI HAS THE DOLPHINS THE GREATEST FOOTBALL TEAM WE TAKE THE BALL FROM GOAL TO GOAL LIKE NO ONES EVER SEEN, WHERE IN THE AIR WHERE ON THE GROUND WERE ALWAYS IN CONTROL AND WHEN YOU SAY MIAMI!!!! YOUR TALKING SUPER-BOWL, YES WHERE THE MIAMI DOLPHINS, MIAMI DOLPHINS, MIAMI DOLPHINS NUMBER 1, MIAMI DOLPHINS, MIAMI DOLPHINS, MIAMI DOLPHINS #1...

Date: February 12, 2009 09:53AM

Mike Tannenbaum's 10 year old son ladies and gentlemen.

Posted by: noetic ()
Date: February 12, 2009 10:04AM

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: February 12, 2009 10:57AM

Date: February 12, 2009 02:02PM

good god man you make no sense at all watch the parcells will get pat white and im going to say good move, no no GREAT move. and you will be like MAN that guy was write.

Date: February 13, 2009 12:39AM

right not write lol geesh im getting old.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.