HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Giants cut Madison
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Giants cut Madison
Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: February 10, 2009 05:32AM

I'm quite sure he's not the player he once was...I'm not sure his style and our defense would be a good fit...over 1/2 of his career interceptions occurred in his 2nd-4th seasons 10 years ago. He and Surtain did some pretty phenomenal things together years ago, but Surtain was our best CB by the last couple of years he and Sam were both Dolphins.

So, I'm really not thinking of him as a CB. However, a few guys have made the move from CB to Safety late in their careers as their speed has declined but their knowledge and experience have become greater assets.

Thoughts on Sam potentially re-joining in that capacity? My initial thoughts (outside of nostalgia) are all negative:
- we're building with youth
- he's 180, not 210
- he never was a very good tackler

According to a KC newspaper, it looks like Surtain is somewhat likely to get cut, as his salary cap number is $9.7 million and he's their 4th CB. I would much rather have him (if either of the two) to put in the safety mix this year.

On the salary cap note, KC is about $37 million under and could easily cut 3 players like Surtain and get another $6-8 million. We may think we have a ton of room, but it's all relative.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2009 05:47AM by tsstamper.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Giants cut Madison
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: February 10, 2009 06:01AM

I could see either as an extra CB in a nickel or dime package. I don't see either starting for us, though.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: February 10, 2009 09:46AM

Beatlejuice is getting old.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: ginnsucks ()
Date: February 10, 2009 10:46AM

I think Leigh Boddens should be the target here. He was just cut by the Lions.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: February 10, 2009 10:53AM

Posted by: ginnsucks ()
Date: February 10, 2009 11:05AM

In the realm of NFL player legal transgressions, being a dickhead to cops and parking illegally seems pretty tame.

Ashumoga got franchised so that route is pretty much dead. The Dolphins need draft picks and shouldn't trade them even for a guy like that (and Parcells probably won't anyway). If you want to upgrade CB through FA, I think Bodden is a good enough flyer. If he is a complete moron you can find out in the interview.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: February 10, 2009 05:23PM

Madison & Surtain were done years ago.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: February 10, 2009 05:36PM

....uh......no thanks.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: ranger1 ()
Date: February 11, 2009 04:23AM

Wasted topic. Concentrate on resigning Bell the past is the past move on

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: February 11, 2009 04:11PM

Way too old. Horrible teammate.

Didn't even attend the Giants SUPER BOWL parade after they beat the Patriots. He is, and always have been a "ME-FIRST" guy!!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 13, 2009 01:09AM

NO NO NO GOOD god their washed upspeed players in thier mid thirties. cb/safties need to be young, they reach 31 time to get rid of em. unless their deion, if you want to bring ANYONE OLD timer back bring back marino. good god people this isnt 2000 this is 2009 we got rid of em for a reason. and when you got to play agaisnt moss. welker twice a year you want speed. and size. same with zack and tayler NO NO NO two bad sooo sad. thanks for the good times boys but realy? no superbowl so hey how good off where we with em?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.