HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Drew Brees comes up short
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Drew Brees comes up short
Posted by: JC ()
Date: December 28, 2008 11:55AM

Anybody else notice that Drew Brees *just* missed Marino's record for yardage in one season.

Congrats Danny boy, your record stands for at least one more year.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Drew Brees comes up short
Posted by: Miamidolp1 ()
Date: December 28, 2008 01:11PM

He never did it with the flair Dan had anyway...

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 28, 2008 02:32PM

Yeah, but we passed on him at the top of the second round in whatever draft he was in when everyone was sure we would take him.

Maybe the stat geeks can say who we picked at what position instead.

Date: December 28, 2008 02:33PM

In Chad We Trust, F Brees...

Posted by: dgoodhue ()
Date: December 28, 2008 02:37PM

I don't really care that much any more if his record is broken. Brady will porbably break them, with Belichek trying to run up the score. The NFL is much more of a passing league then 1984. Marino shattered the previous records.

Date: December 28, 2008 02:41PM

I truly believe Brady will NOT come back at 100% of what he's been. Torn ACL and MCL, his rehab is going slow and crappy, from what they said on local radio here in NE today... If they DON'T franchise Cassel, he'll probably go to the Jets or something and Brady will come back and be 1/2 what he was, and this will complete the start of their decention, muahaha! (crosses fingers) winking smiley

Posted by: PHINSKISS13 ()
Date: December 28, 2008 03:04PM

what quarterback isn't throwing for all those yards that Marino did?!!!.......the records have become soooooooo diluted that they dont mean anything! there were many great defensive teams back then but only 1 or 2 today. The NFL wants high scoring games.

Posted by: fxxkthebills ()
Date: December 29, 2008 04:54AM

Marinos' record still holds.

Posted by: Northeast Fin Fan ()
Date: December 29, 2008 05:39AM

Brees threw 71 more passes this year than Marino did in his record setting season.

I have to say that I was nervous when Brees dropped back with one second left on the clock and slung the ball about 30 yards down the field. Fortunately, the ball was out of reach of any receiver and fell to the ground.

Posted by: Westcoastphinfan ()
Date: December 29, 2008 07:15AM

Every few years the NFL changes the rules and makes it easier to be a great quarterback. The 5 yard rule which prevents cornerbacks & safeties from blocking or touching receivers is an example. Dan Marino set his records in the 1983-98 era and those records still stand in my opinion because it was tougher to gain yards and to score then.
Drew Brees is a very good quarterback and we should have drafted him back 5 years ago when we had the chance. But he is no Dan Marino.

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: December 29, 2008 07:19AM

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: December 29, 2008 07:20AM

Sooooo close...yet so far away.

Date: October 21, 2018 05:08PM

This was ten years ago.

Date: October 21, 2018 07:03PM

Sigh.

Here we are talking about Dan Marino again. Sucks to be a Dolphins fan. Our present sucks so bad we always wind up talking about Dan Marino or the 73' Dolphins.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh. God damn it.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 21, 2018 09:36PM

Wrong. We are talking about Drew Brees and how we passed on him to draft........Jamar Fletcher....and how Drew is going into the Hall of Fame....and Jamar Fletcher...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...kinda of reminds me of how in 2018 we picked Minkah Fitzpatrick.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: October 22, 2018 12:21AM

Crystal balls still unavailable ten years ago...lousy choices made on talent continues to prevail today for the same reason. Jamar Fletcher should have been a player and turned out to be a bust. One of many players like this landed on the Dolphins that proves selecting good players is a "pig in a poke." Everybody knows that what takes place for a player at the college level doesn't always translate into success in the NFL and especially on the Dolphins where we've had little success at picking head coaches and assistant coaches that fail with the players.

Date: October 22, 2018 06:31AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wrong. We are talking about Drew Brees and how we
> passed on him to draft........Jamar
> Fletcher....and how Drew is going into the Hall of
> Fame....and Jamar
> Fletcher...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...kinda of reminds me
> of how in 2018 we picked Minkah Fitzpatrick.

Kind of heard Marinos name mentioned more then a few times here......ask the steno to read it back consular. Our Defense has shown some incredible brilliance this season. some unbelievable stands on the 1 yd line. Consistency is still a problem yes. But are you actually writing Fitzpatrick off as a bust? I know you have issues seeing the whole picture but even you haven't gotten that inept?

1983 draft....How did Todd Blackledge or Tony Eason Do? Ken Obrien? While I may admit we need to look for a QB next season , That last draft hasn't shown we might the wrong move drafting Fiztpatrick. Just the opposite actually.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 23, 2018 03:43PM

You DO know that consular refers to a foreign embassy right?

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: October 27, 2018 11:03AM

I think he just misspelled the apocryphal address "counselor".

Rick

Date: October 27, 2018 12:15PM

Now, I have the great pleasure to correct you, Rick. (It gives me no pleasure to correct my buddy, Treasure.)

A counselor is usually a school or psychological adviser type employee.

An attorney, to which TC was referring, is a "Counsellor."

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: October 28, 2018 06:53PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Now, I have the great pleasure to correct you,
> Rick. (It gives me no pleasure to correct my
> buddy, Treasure.)
>
> A counselor is usually a school or psychological
> adviser type employee.
>
> An attorney, to which TC was referring, is a
> "Counsellor."

Curious. My digital dictionary shows that "counsellor", is: 1. a person who counsels: adviser - 2. a faculty member who advises students on problems, career choices and the like. 3.an assistant at a children's camp (I believe that these last two are what you are referring to) and 4. a lawyer, especially a trial lawyer; counselor-at-law (which was what I was referring to- notice the spelling). The word "counselor" has the exact same definitions, in the same order, leading to the inescapable conclusion that the two words are alternate spellings of the same concept. But, I suppose we all must take our pleasure where we find it. Enjoy.

Rick

Date: October 28, 2018 07:35PM

Well, your "digital dictionary" was no doubt NOT written by attorneys.and I can assure you that counsellor is......no, on second thought, go on believing what you do. Maybe you will expose yourself outside the confines of the people on this board.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.