HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Kurt Warner FORGETS Pee Wee Training
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Kurt Warner FORGETS Pee Wee Training
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: February 01, 2009 03:03PM

Dammit,Kurt Warner, in PEE WEE football they teach you to TACKLE THE RUNNER'S LEGS.

Kurt was the only one who could have stopped that touchdown by Harrison and was standing right in front of him and then tried to either arm tackle him or strip the ball.

Had he just fallen down in the way even, then Harrison would have fallen.

There is too damn much of a trend in the NFL and particularly on the Dolphin defense to try to tackle ABOVE the waist.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Kurt Warner FORGETS Pee Wee Training
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: February 01, 2009 06:50PM

First of all, Warner doesn't play defense and he doesn't have to tackle guys on a daily basis.

Second, Warner's biggest assets are his arms, so he wasn't going to go all out to try to tackle Harrison (a guy MUCH bigger than him).

Date: February 01, 2009 08:45PM

Actually, he TRIED TO either tackle or strip with his arms. Look at the replay.

Therefore, if your point is risking what makes him a player than it would have been better (for his career) for him to fall down underneath Harrison, (like every punter or kicker is taught) than trying to reach out, as he did, and attempt an arm tackle or an arm strip.

And if your point is that he should not have tried to tackle at all, then the point is that he did get in the way of Harrison who was accompanied by two or three blockers and getting tossed to the side by them was just as career threatening as falling down in front of Harrison, as I suggested.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: February 02, 2009 02:58AM

And my point is he shouldnt have made this pass. LOL....hindsight is great thing! cool smiley

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: February 03, 2009 09:31AM

I often think that some people and a lot on this board do not truly know how to use the criticism that "Hindsight is 20/20."

You can say that about every comment but it only properly applies in special situations.

On one hand, if some drunk guy at the zoo climbs over the fence in order to pet the lion cub snuggled against its mother and gets mauled, do you say to the guy who called him a fool, "That's easy for you to criticize him, hindsight is 20.20."? I hardly think so.

The "hindsight" comment should only be used either 1) where the bad outcome was completely unforseeable or 2) where there were one or more equal rational alternatives for action, each with their benefits and risks in terms of likelihood of occurrence.

In those cases only, does it make sense to cry, "You're just talking from the benefit of hindsight."

In this case, Kurt Warner was trained from pee wee football how to make a tackle. As I pointed out, punters and kickers also go through that training because they are often the last persons standing between the opposing player and a touchdown.

Falling down under the legs of the interceptor is not a matter of option, it is a matter of training.

Now, Montequi made a good comment that Warner is a pro-quarterback whose value to the team is more important than one tackle.

True, but Montequi didn't cry "hindsight" and, like I said in reply, then Kurt Warner should have gotten out of the way altogether. But once he committed himself to stopping Harrison, he should have done it the right way since the risk of injury was equal once he decided to make the stop.

Date: February 03, 2009 09:48AM

You are making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Most of us on here are average Joe guys. So the big words you use and all these crazy scenarios where you try and make yourself seem really smart just doesnt do much for the rest of us.

Your lingo is too much.

---------------------

Posted by: Northeast Fin Fan ()
Date: February 03, 2009 09:53AM

Date: February 03, 2009 03:30PM

After seeing the video that you attached, particularly the replay at full speed, it looks more like he did not have as much of an opportunity to go low and may even look like he tried to go low and was tossed aside.

The replays I saw while watching the game on Super Sunday were from behind Warner and it looked then as though he was trying to grab the ball or arm tackle.

But this certainly seems as though he did not have much of a chance.

Posted by: realist ()
Date: February 03, 2009 05:13PM

It is difficult to be a quick thinker in those circumstances, but on the last play of he half?

....do anything you can to grab him and not let go. legs, jeresy, facemask, whatever. Take a penalty. You only go for ball if you are a bulging muscle powerhouse and you can get your hand inside the ball & body.

BUT....there were 10 other guys on the field, Boldin quit, Hightower appeared to be pushed from behind ( I have to look at it again). 1 player tried to shove him forward to knock him down.

did anybody try and push him out of bounds?

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: February 03, 2009 10:10PM

The blocker may have had something to do with it.

Rick

Date: February 04, 2009 01:10PM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You are making a mountain out of a mole hill.
>
> Most of us on here are average Joe guys. So the
> big words you use and all these crazy scenarios
> where you try and make yourself seem really smart
> just doesnt do much for the rest of us.
>
> Your lingo is too much.

RESPONSE: Look A & O, I tried to answer your insulting the "hindsight" comment in a respectful manner. However, it seems that if you are not kissing Ghotirule's butt, your only capacity is to be nasty. Next time, I will just light into as you deserve instead of trying to spare your feelings.

Date: February 04, 2009 04:28PM

Date: February 05, 2009 05:17AM

My point was that I am tired of reading your off-the-wall comments on everything where you use big words and all these crazy scenarios. Its ridiculous. Your opinions stink on most all things you spout about. I get through reading about the first 3 words on your posts and Ive had enough. Your post are the most aggrivating, uneasy and just down right retarded to even try and attempt to read.

I dont even talk to ghotirule about ghotirule and most of the time we disagree on things.

Just because you hate him and me, dont put us in the same boat.

---------------------

Date: February 05, 2009 05:18AM

And no that post didnt have big words, just most of your other do. I think you try and prove that you have some sort of "education".

---------------------

Date: February 05, 2009 08:15AM

Oh, you're not kissing up to Ghotirule but he is the only one who taunts me about my Berkeley education. You're kissing his a_s right now.

And I'm sorry that you don't like my posts. Your posts are ridiculous and you are such a little kid that when someone recently caught you in a lie you begged them to believe you and even pleaded for them to believe you with the words I am telling the truth "honest." Just like a little kid. WOW!

You are the type of person that was described in a phrase that "There never was a better slave or a worse master."

You feel somehow that since Ghotirule and I go at each other and that in your opinion, Ghotirule is someone who everybody likes, then I am fair game for you.

And to tell the truth, you talk about not putting you too in the same boat but and because I "hate him" etc. I don't hate Ghotirule. I think he is a pompous ass but my opinion of you is far lower. You are Ghotirule without any football knowledge but with a burning need to have everybody like you and to be in good with the majority. You're the little kid on the school yard who is the worst nightmare for the new kid until you find out everybody likes him and then you try to be his best friend. Of course, you are the one that nobody really likes and deep inside you know this so you try so hard to be liked but cannot realize that being snide and cruel to others impresses no one.

Date: February 05, 2009 09:08AM

See my point exactly. A crazy theory......

I said your insight is a little too much and you come back with bashing. You havent changed one bit. I knew I couldnt peacebly speak with you.

---------------------

Date: February 05, 2009 09:13AM

....and now go ahead and have some "crazy" comeback....dont worry though, Im not responding you.

---------------------

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: February 05, 2009 11:54AM

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: February 05, 2009 12:01PM

Personally, I don't see it being that obvious that Warner should have made that tackle. There were Steelers between him and Harrison and Warner was getting blocked as he was running backwards to keep his feet and was half off balance and then got blocked out of the way. There are not too many Linebackers who could have made that tackle, let alone a QB. He may have learned to tackle in pee wee football but he didn't make it to the pros for his tackling ability.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: February 05, 2009 12:01PM

I'm finished except to let the readers go back and see who made it personal first, which is why his recent comment that all he did was to say my insight was "a little too much" is baffling. Re-read his post at 3:48 p.m. above.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.