HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Great Blog on the Senior Bowl
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Great Blog on the Senior Bowl
Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: January 29, 2009 04:51PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Great Blog on the Senior Bowl
Posted by: noetic ()
Date: January 29, 2009 06:14PM

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: January 30, 2009 02:17AM

There is no way we move Jake Long who is making #1 overall money to RT and draft Oher at #25 and move him to LT.

No way.

If that was to happen the line would look like this.

LT- Jake Long
LG- Vernon Carey
C- Satele-but hopefully somebody better
RG- Donald Thomas
RT- Michael Oher

THATS DOMINANT THERE!!!!! If we got Jason Brown at Center..... OMG I would pass out!!!!

Date: January 30, 2009 02:30AM

Date: January 30, 2009 02:32AM

And the 21 yard TD he caught in London against the Giants is pretty close to being called a red zone TD.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: January 30, 2009 02:39AM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And the 21 yard TD he caught in London against the
> Giants is pretty close to being called a red zone
> TD.

I could give him a pass for college (no pun intended). This stat reflects more on how he was utilized rather than his skill. OSU was used to blowing out most of their opponents, and many of their scores were initiated from outside the red zone. Also, Ginn did much of his damage on special teams.

As for pros, he needs to show he can make a significant contribution at WR for us next season. With the emergence of Camarillo and Bess, if we DO pick up a legit #1 WR, Ginn could be the odd man out (meaning he won't get that many passes thrown his way). If he doesn't start playing like a 1st rounder next season, I think he'll be gone in 2010.

Date: January 30, 2009 02:43AM

Quote:

"If he doesn't start playing like a 1st rounder next season, I think he'll be gone in 2010."

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
I dont neccessarily disagree with you there. Bottom line is the new regime has zero ties to him.

But I still think if he goes to a team that has a QB who can utilize his skills he is a legitimate deep threat and average 1,000 yards and 10 TD's a season.

Date: January 30, 2009 02:44AM

Quote:

"Oher's story is incredible, and his potential fall to 25 could shake up the entire offensive line, implying that Carey could be moved to RG, Jake Long to RT with Oher at LT."

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
This statement still puzzles me. How can you move Jake Long (which would basically be a demotion) after making the pro bowl in his rookie season being only the 4th #1 overall pick to do so?

Posted by: Dagonet ()
Date: January 30, 2009 05:34AM

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: January 30, 2009 05:36AM

No f'ing way should the thought of bringing in another #1 LT, to remove PROBOWLer JAKE LONG from HIS position, be anywhere in your mind.

Date: January 30, 2009 05:52AM

Date: January 31, 2009 02:04AM

Quote:

"If you took the time to read the blog, you would see that the author of said blog is the one who brings up this possibility, not me."

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
I know the author said it, and it still puzzles me.

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: January 31, 2009 08:37AM

Personally i dont care who plays where, just like i dont care about stretching to get a draft pick. If you have the 10 pick and a guy is projected 20 but he fits what you wanna do then you go get him. That being said if oher is a better LT and jake is a dominate RT and that means that we have a better run game I am all for it. Remember that carey was drafted to play LT and moved to RT and now to gaurd. Hey give me a dominant run line and I think we can get another 10-11 win season...

Go fish

Posted by: DolphinSam ()
Date: January 31, 2009 11:10AM

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: January 31, 2009 01:48PM

Date: February 01, 2009 03:10AM

Quote:

"Wow, that's a pretty glaring factual mistake. How does a guy say that when Ginn obviously caught lots of red zone TD passes?"

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
I dont know. It took me all of about 3 seconds to find out this guy has NO clue as to what he is talking about. His articles are dead to me.

Date: February 01, 2009 01:39PM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> Quote:
>
> "Wow, that's a pretty glaring factual mistake. How
> does a guy say that when Ginn obviously caught
> lots of red zone TD passes?"
>
>
>
> &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
> I dont know. It took me all of about 3 seconds to
> find out this guy has NO clue as to what he is
> talking about. His articles are dead to me.

At the time that Ginn was drafted, I remember reading an article that said that Ginn had only been thrown to 4 times in the red zone while at OSU. And I don't know that catching 3 Red Zone TD passes in 2 years at OSU qualifies as catching "lots." To be good in the red zone, a receiver needs to be quick in small spaces and physical enough to fight for position. Ginn doesn't have either of those attributes. It's one of the main reasons why we need a #1 WR.

Date: February 01, 2009 01:46PM

Date: February 01, 2009 03:28PM

Quote:

"At the time that Ginn was drafted, I remember reading an article that said that Ginn had only been thrown to 4 times in the red zone while at OSU. And I don't know that catching 3 Red Zone TD passes in 2 years at OSU qualifies as catching "lots." To be good in the red zone, a receiver needs to be quick in small spaces and physical enough to fight for position. Ginn doesn't have either of those attributes. It's one of the main reasons why we need a #1 WR"

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
No. My beef was that the author said Ginn has never scored a red zone TD in college or Pros and that a down right lie. He lied.

Date: February 01, 2009 05:36PM

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: February 01, 2009 06:12PM

give the guy a break. he made one mistake, and not one I'd necessarily call "glaring". however his article was chock full of in depth analysis of lots of players, far greater than I've seen anywhere else. and it don't cost nothin.

Date: February 02, 2009 02:42AM

Bad journalism or a lie....whatever you want to call it, the facts he stated were in error.

Date: February 02, 2009 02:47AM

This was actually in the comments section at the bottom.

"I think you hit the nail on the head with regards the Ginn/failure point. A lot of people were hugely irritated that the pick wasn't Brady Quinn and would rather be proved right that the pick should have been Quinn rather than be proved wrong and see Teddy succeed. I wrote a piece for a website a long time before the draft saying that I thought he should be the pick - operating under the assumption that Brady wouldn't fall that far - for which I was generally castigated. I was surprised he was the pick when Brady made it to 9, but not disappointed. I think his progress IS slow, but he's now gone from sandlot player which he was at OSU to being close to a real football player. That shows in his routes, in his hands and in the respect that defenses show him. I thought given that he'd been off the boil a little, the way he played in New York in our biggest game since that playoff loss to the Ravens was hugely encouraging. Despite the push off, it was a great fingertip catch in the corner of the endzone and in double coverage, he came back and played the ball for the deep pass down the middle. I don't know if you saw it but NFL Films had a clip of Penny going up to him after the catch and saying to him "Way to make a play Ted Ginn" to which Ginn gets up and gets in Chad's face and screams "Keep throwing me the ball". I liked everything about that outburst. Like you say, hopefully he can step up and really become a very good player for us. "

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
I wished I could find the clip of Ginn yelling.

Date: February 02, 2009 02:51AM

This quote is going on my signature. I think this might be the most truthful sports quote I have ever read in my life.

"A lot of people were hugely irritated that the pick wasn't Brady Quinn and would rather be proved right that the pick should have been Quinn rather than be proved wrong and see Teddy succeed."

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: February 02, 2009 03:44PM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> This quote is going on my signature. I think this
> might be the most truthful sports quote I have
> ever read in my life.
>
>
>
> "A lot of people were hugely irritated that the
> pick wasn't Brady Quinn and would rather be proved
> right that the pick should have been Quinn rather
> than be proved wrong and see Teddy succeed."

wow, it took you 1 day to arrive at using him as your signature quote from
" this guy has NO clue as to what he is talking about. His articles are dead to me."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.