HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Ginn or Quinn
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Ginn or Quinn
Posted by: noetic ()
Date: January 28, 2009 08:52AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Northeast Fin Fan ()
Date: January 28, 2009 09:08AM

I completely disagree. Ginn is open as much, or more, than any other deep threat. If Pennington can throw the deep ball so well how come he doesn't throw the deep out? How come you never see Camarillo or Bess catch a deep ball? If Pennington could throw deep Ginn wouldn't be the only guy on the receiving end of those passes. Even his TD to Cobbs off the wildcat flea flicker was well underthrown. It's just not his strength. But it seems senseless to blame Pennington's weakness on Ginn.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2009 09:39AM by Northeast Fin Fan.

Date: January 28, 2009 09:38AM

It seems senseless to blame Ginn's failures on Pennington.

Date: January 28, 2009 10:11AM

I think Ginn made some outstanding catches on balls thrown by Pennington.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: January 28, 2009 10:20AM

Quote:

"Second, Pennington can accurately throw the ball 30+ yards downfield"

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Are you for real? Are you joking? This is the most laughable sentence I have ever read.

Case in point, remember when Patrick Cobbs *SMOKED* the Texans on the Wildcat Pass? He had to stop and come back for the ball when he was 20+ yards *WIDE OPEN* with no one around him.

Penington is very accurate on the short crossing patterns and......well thats about it.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: January 28, 2009 11:17AM

This thread is a crack up:

1. A & O you can't blast noetic for putting down a dolphin on a dolphins site and then put down pennington.
Truth is all football players can be fairly critiqued for both good and bad skill traits

As to Pennington, I happen to agree that Pennington is accurate to throw 30+. An occassional bad or underthrown pass has toher factors to consider, such as pressure, line of sight etc.

2. Without intent to choose sides about the below interaction I had to laugh my butt off at the noetics closing line (below).

As to being a hater. Why can't it be okay to have an opinion on a player (negative or positive) without such a label.

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I knew you say something like that. Ginn Hater
> Noetic....

I was being facetious. No need to get your panties in a twist.

Regardless, I simply don't like the guy, and I've made that no secret. I don't think he has any heart or desire, and that rubs me the wrong way. But perhaps you two can hold hands and share on operating table...they can give him a heart while you receive a sense of humor.

3. Back on point: Ginn or Quinn

a. Ginn has gotten better IMHO, but still under value for his pick status. Not HATING, just the facts from my view.

b. Quinn a value to the team, due to lack of QB depth on the team. I still think he was and is over-rated, but has potential given more time.

I do not lament that we did not pick Quinn. He is also a guy who got the luxury of plenty of time to prepare.

Posted by: grooves12 ()
Date: January 28, 2009 08:13PM

If I had to go back in time... I would make the same pick I said they should have made the day of the draft... and it isn't either of them.

My pick:

Amobi Okoye

When he was still there on the draft board, I was amazed they let him get by them.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: January 29, 2009 02:30AM

I didnt put down Pennington, I stated the obvious. I said he cant throw the deep ball.

Noetic is bashing Ginn for making 60 catches and almost 800 yards improving from his rookie season!?!? What more can you ask of Ginn? If you keep improving that seems pretty good to me.

Pennington will never improve on deep ball passes. Thats not putting him down, thats stating the facts.

Date: January 29, 2009 04:47AM

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: January 29, 2009 06:22AM

Date: January 29, 2009 06:47AM

I never saw Okoye play in college, but I remember thinking that he should be our pick based on everything I read about him at the time. However, Okoye had a very disappointing year. He really only had one good game all year. Some Texans fans are frustrated by that pick.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.