HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Hey Ghotirule... this Maualuga predictions for you
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Hey Ghotirule... this Maualuga predictions for you
Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: January 23, 2009 09:15AM

For everyone who is blowing up Rey Maualuga i will be the first to say that he is not that good. He has a terrible motor, he cannot shed blocks, he had poor instincts, and most importantly he is not even the best linebacker on his team. The order of best to worst LB on USC is as follows: #43 Kaluka Maiava, #10 Brian Cushing, lastly #58 Rey Maualuga.

The reppa predicts that from now to draft time you will see Maualuga's stock fall and he WILL be exposed at the combines in one on one drills. Infact I will even say that maualuga will be available at our draft pick I just hope that we pass on him since he is not an upgrade from Crowder and will be a wasted pick.... THE REPPA HAS SPOKEN, everyone can go back to business as usual now.

You see ghotirule that is how you make a prediction...

disclaimer: if mccoy, tebow, bradford and mays would have declared there is no question the reppa's prediction would be accurate. Without these players it will be close but the reppa has confidence in his eye for talent. May the rock throwing begin.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hey Ghotirule... this Maualuga predictions for you
Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: January 23, 2009 09:25AM

Was it MAUALUGA who ran into the goalpost as the TROJANS ran onto the field before a game this year?

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: January 23, 2009 10:37AM

Hopefully the Jets will draft him, then.

Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: January 23, 2009 10:57AM

I was watching some Senior Bowl Practice Session Recap... "Path to the Draft" w/ Mike Mayock and they showed this footage of some tall, like 6'5 TE out of some small school just stampede over Maulaluga on 1 on 1 drills at the line of scrimmage. He shoved him to the ground and continued running his route unimpeded, then made the catch. Rey didn't look agile enough to cover him for even a second, or strong enough to jam him even a little bit at the line. To tell you the truth I thought the guy was going to be great, but I'm starting to warm up to the idea that he may be overrated. Still though, there's no way he's available at our pick unless he suffers some Willis McGahee type injury at the Senior Bowl.

Date: January 23, 2009 11:11AM

The absolute best linebacker in this draft is curry from wake forest but he will be gone by the time we pick, i think if we were to get a linebacker it should b that guy out of virginia

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: January 23, 2009 12:34PM

funny omar said something similar today in his blog--before you posted this breaking news

Date: January 23, 2009 03:15PM

who is omar?

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: January 23, 2009 06:28PM

Maualuga is one of the best MLB prospects to come into the NFL in a looooong time. I think your being idiotic with this one, Reppa.

Dont be a hater.

I have never, I mean never seen a football player not get beat on some plays. Just because he got leveled mean absolutely jack. Actually all it means is he is a football player, because thats what happens.

Posted by: klong56 ()
Date: January 24, 2009 08:13AM

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 24, 2009 08:17AM

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: January 24, 2009 09:24AM

I think you are wrong on this one, Reppa.

Date: January 24, 2009 09:46AM

ghotirule Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You made a prediction on an overrated player that
> the Dolphins won't pick.

So does that mean that you agree with me or not? Cause 100% of the experts say that he is big time talent, and the best ILB in a few years. I dont know of anyone else who has or is saying that he is over rated. And if he IS around for our pick how do you know we wont pick him? WE do need an ILB.

> What an astounding post. I'm in awe of your predictive abilities.

Maybe you should show me how it is done and put out one of your great predictions. I will give you 2 weeks to come up with something, since you are so good that should be plenty of time...

Jonathan Twilley (wrote)
-------------------------------------------------
>I think you are wrong on this one, Reppa.

Possible. Since I am going against experts I would hope that they know more than lil ol' me but we will see at the combines.

COrrection: I am sorry I made a mistake on order of USC LB. I meant top USC linebackers to be as follows: #47 Clay Matthews, #10 Brian Cushing, and finally #48 Ray Maualuga. Sorry for the mistake (clay and brian are very close though- I would not mind either)

Posted by: DolphinSam ()
Date: January 24, 2009 10:17AM

Omar was impressed with Matthews, who is projected into the 2nd round:

"Much like the Trifecta, I spent most of the Senior Bowl watching the linebackers, and the one who stood out the most to me was USC's Clay Matthews. He's my Joe Flacco of this Senior Bowl."

As far as Maualuga goes, he won't fall far, he's too athletic. He'll be long gone. James Laurinaitis may fall to us, and if he does I'm sure we'd pick him up.

Date: January 24, 2009 10:41AM

DolphinSam Wrote:
> Omar was impressed with Matthews, who is projected
> into the 2nd round:

Few things
1. Who the hell is Omar, could someone give me a link so that I can read what people are talking about

2. The opinions that I am writing I was going to post after the USC penn state bowl game but never got around to posting them until ghotrile started to get under my skin (only reason I am now making these projections). So I had these observations long before omar who had to watch them at the senior bowl. But someone give me a link please, cause I honestly dont know who the cat is nor have i read from him...

Also think about it, berkely said that omar is a blogger, why would THE REPPA take the opinions of a blogger and make a link about it when all of the experts are saying the contrary. Please give me some credit, I would not put my reputation on the line for some lowly blogger...

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: January 24, 2009 04:15PM

omar is the dolphins beat writer for the sun-sentinel

Date: January 24, 2009 09:12PM

Date: January 25, 2009 06:19AM

Date: January 25, 2009 06:55AM

ghotirule Wrote:
> Cause 100% of the experts say that he is big time
> talent, and the best ILB in a few years.
>
> Hence, hes overrated. This is just like the whole
> Chris Long thing last year. Was Long a good
> player? Yes. Is he the best DE in years? No.
> But he was called the best DE in years by all of
> the "experts".

Wow you can make that connection a year after it happens. You are good. What else can you predict that has already happened? keith rivers will break his jaw a few weeks into his rookie season, wow you got talent kid.

> ROTFLMA! You will "GIVE" me two weeks. Or what?
> Address another post to me about how you are so
> great at predicting? LOL!

You can laugh the fact is if you were so good you would not be living off of your ONE prediction (please keep in mind THE REPPA also predicted 11 wins expect I also said that we would make the playoffs). And I have a bunch more I will be making, this ray one is one of many. You see the difference between me and you is I can continue to add to my resume while you are a one hit wonder, a one trick pony, a clown living in the past.

> I care about the Dolphins, not about making
> predictions. You seem pretty sore that I was
> breaking out with this before you:

Really, i posted our 11 win season back in august 25 2008 and unlike you I showed the evidence (link), I am still waiting for yours.

hot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smiley

Hi Im Ghotirule the one hit wonder

hot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smiley
>
Now thats the joke.

Date: January 25, 2009 07:00AM

hey are you a moderator or something? how are you changing your post? I used your quote below

> I care about the Dolphins, not about making
> predictions. You seem pretty sore that I was
> breaking out with this before you:

Now that quote is not part of your comment anymore, oohhh I see how you do it. You go back later and modify you comments and make it seem like you predicted things when really you just went back and modified the text. Clever, very clever...

Date: January 25, 2009 08:18AM

Date: January 25, 2009 08:24AM

Date: January 25, 2009 12:54PM

ghotirule Wrote:
> if you were so good you would not be living off of
> your ONE prediction
>
> I've said it before, I've made a ton of spot
> predictions requiring the largest of nads. Ya
> know, 11-5 was a mild one compared to others. I
> once kicked off a 300+ post flame war for saying
> that Cameron would kill us... and that was before
> we hired him.

Hummm... let me see, cam left us with 8 draft picks, three picks out of the first 57, and the #1 over all pick. Yeah he really killed us. Now let me see, jake long (pro bowler), phillip merling (rising star) and chad henne (possible franchise qb). Yea I see what you are saying that he killed us, those draft picks not to mention langford and the fourth rounder cam gave us turned into fasano and akin ayodele. Yeah I see your point. You are showing how much of a moron you are. Cam getting us draft picks and holding on to them turned this program around. you really put the j in genius...

Date: January 25, 2009 04:52PM

Reppa, I have honestly seen Maualuga play atleast 15 times. No joke. He was the heart of that great defense and it seems that atleast 1 time a game he was making a game changing play.

Date: January 26, 2009 06:51AM

That is 13 1/2 more games than I saw of him so I dont know maybe you are right, but in the bowl game he seemed to take poor angles and he gave up on ALOt of plays. I think the angles and the motor are my biggest issues I had with him. However it was only one game, maybe he had the flu or something. Clay Matthews however was a ball hawk and was everywhere the ball was. I had no idea who this joker was but by the end of the game I knew him well.

Date: January 26, 2009 07:04AM

Yeah I heard Maualuga had a bad week altogethor.

Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: January 26, 2009 07:53AM

In this topic, people get fired up over guesses. I "predict" that nobody cares (hypocrisy of this post aside...I'm getting paid to be on a Dolphins forum) because the only thing that matters is how the Phins perform.

And even if y'alls predictions are 100% dead-on all the time, if you bring it back up after the fact and toot your own horn, you just look like an ass.

I "predict" that either reppa will respond by by picking quotes out of this post and put some sort of mish-mash post together about how I'm "stinky" for thinking his predictions are stupid...or...ghotirule will remind everybody that he is the most awesome person in the world.

I "predict" that I won't care either way, and will laugh at any response, and not post in this thread anymore.

Is it Fall '09 yet?

Posted by: RW13 ()
Date: January 26, 2009 08:44AM

I was just thinking the same thing!

Date: January 26, 2009 09:22AM

TheFutt Wrote:
> I "predict" that I won't care either way, and will
> laugh at any response, and not post in this thread
> anymore.

My man smelly futt, how have you been. I didnt know you got payed for this. Congrats kid. Anyhow, I can understand why you are hatin. If I couldnt foresee anything it would bother me if others could. Infact most of the times you just blurt things out and always seem to be wrong. Whenever someone says something off the wall you are typically one of the people that jumps down their throat and later on when it is found that it is indeed correct your silly looking text is a constent reminder of how you are always on the wrong side of the argument...

Hey it could be worst, you could have been a jet fan smoking smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.