HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Welcome Aboard the Draft Train
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Welcome Aboard the Draft Train
Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: January 09, 2017 03:21AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Welcome Aboard the Draft Train
Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: January 09, 2017 03:31AM

Im thinking we should go f/a to acquire an ilb. Grab Zac Brown away from the Bills. Then take a DE or OLB in rnd 1 in rnd 2 get a center.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: January 09, 2017 12:56PM

I'll say the blasphemy.....we should look at QB. Like Don Shula did when he had a QB David Woodley, who had taken us to the Super Bowl.

And it's not a question of Tanny's play. What about his injury?

First round???? HELL NO!!!! But keep your eyes open for some opportunity.

Unless, we have that kind of confidence in Doughty. Don't know anything about him.

Date: January 09, 2017 02:06PM

I agree and said QB in the 3rd or 4th round if one falls to us in another thread.

The pats have consistently taken a QB in that range Brady's entire career. They've parlayed them into picks. They could get a 1st or 2nd for Garapallo (sp) this year if they wanted to.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: January 14, 2017 02:19AM

Clemson's Boulware, LB. I've seen him play a couple of times only but see that he's an "impact" player at the college level. He might be a very good MLB for the Dolphins. He appears to be a thick-bodied guy with a nose for the ball, great pursuit/energy guy. We shall see if he goes pro.

Date: January 14, 2017 08:40AM

LET'S MAKE MIAMI GREAT AGAIN!!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: January 15, 2017 06:01AM

Date: January 15, 2017 10:55AM

Saying let's make Miami great again is a sly way to make an off topic comment as well. Should not that post be removed in all fairness?

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: January 15, 2017 01:51PM

Date: January 15, 2017 03:45PM

But that is you. You have to know the intent of the author and here it was to mess with me, a grandson of Hope, Arkansas.

Date: January 17, 2017 03:31PM

How many college bowl and/or all star games are left now?

Date: January 18, 2017 03:16AM

Stated in other ways:

Let's make Miami #1 again.

Let's make Miami the best.

Let's make Miami king of the hill.

Let's make Miami champions again.

All of these statements exceed the "Let's make Miami great again" slogan or mantra. A team can be great but fail in the SB. Miami was great when it got clobbered playing the Cowboys the first time in the SB. Shula was bent on exceeding that great season effort by winning everything the following year. Oh those glory years, how "sweet" they were. thumbs up

Our upcoming draft needs to fill weaknesses on defense--LBs and then shoring up the often times porous O-line. To make Miami Champions again will require great picks combined with re-signings of key players that have yet to reach their peak plus a couple of solid, reasonably priced free agents. A simple solution--difficult, but not impossible to do. winking smiley

Date: January 18, 2017 10:59AM

Date: January 18, 2017 04:49PM

I wasn't talking politics; neither should you Chyren. Miami isn't the same franchise it was when owned by Joe Robbie. It has declined.

Perhaps some day it will be great...but better than that, perhaps they will reach the highest level of greatness--champions again. smileys with beer

Date: January 18, 2017 05:38PM

colonel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I wasn't talking politics; neither should you
> Chyren.

But with all due respect, I was not the one who introduced politics into the discussion. Read the posts above and trace it. The guy who did thought he could slip in the POLITCAL dig without being dinged for it. When you then ding the people who respond while taking his words as if NOT WRITTEN IN A SLY WAY then you serve his purpose even more than he did.

Thus my original point. If threads are going to be closed and/or posts are going to be deleted when they include a full on political discussion, which is perfectly proper to close, then those posts that do the same thing in a sly way, as the "Make Miami Great Again", then you need, in all fairness, to do the same thing to those that contain not too veiled references.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2017 06:50PM by ChyrenB.

Date: January 19, 2017 12:41AM

no but your the one that's going to keep the argument going and more than likely taking it to another thread.

you're butthurt that trump won the election. that is obvious. go sit in your safe place with your puppies and kittens.

Date: January 19, 2017 02:09AM

It takes at least two to tango.

ChyrenB--Reading something in to making Miami great again as TC posted above, could have been taken two ways. One, that he wants to see Miami reach greatness again, or two, implying that you're not in favor of the President-elect, or his campaign slogan, in order to goad you into coming back to him with some retort.

From what I observe, you'd rather take on 2) the campaign slogan and make a retort rather than to just leave 2) alone and reply to football greatness.

I've watched the "poking and prodding" between SamSam, TC, and you over the QB issue the three of you appear to enjoy discussing. All three of you bait one another and counter one another's comments and that issue comes up on threads that are not on topic. As a moderator I've left this banter alone because it appears to be enjoyable for all three of you and it does address by comparison football. However, there's no need for you, or TC or SamSam to bring up politics and to discuss, who did what to whom and when. Not important to this forum. The forum doesn't have a general discussion area where anything goes. The forum is about football and the Dolphins--all of you know this or should know this after all of these years.

This is not a sparring match. Nobody is earning points or outscoring the other in the argument department. So, there's no need to "one up" the other guy every time there is a difference of opinion--and that's mostly it, opinion.

I encourage the three of you, (TC, ChyrenB and to a lesser extent Sam)..to take leave of the political and simply keep comments directly related to football and the Dolphins.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Colonel

Date: January 19, 2017 10:24AM

Date: January 19, 2017 10:27AM

colonel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It takes at least two to tango.
>
> ChyrenB--Reading something in to making Miami
> great again as TC posted above, could have been
> taken two ways. One, that he wants to see Miami
> reach greatness again, or two, implying that
> you're not in favor of the President-elect, or his
> campaign slogan, in order to goad you into coming
> back to him with some retort.
>
> From what I observe, you'd rather take on 2) the
> campaign slogan and make a retort rather than to
> just leave 2) alone and reply to football
> greatness.

> Colonel

Colonel, I take it the way it was intended. Sorry, one of the by products of having a genius IQ.

Posted by: chatafkup ()
Date: January 20, 2017 12:02PM

Season is over now the infighting starts....same sh*t every year eye rolling smiley

Date: January 20, 2017 01:09PM

Hey, don't blame the Americans for being a part of Pearl Harbor, Chat.

Posted by: chatafkup ()
Date: January 26, 2017 01:50PM

grinning smiley

Posted by: fiedlerhater ()
Date: January 26, 2017 07:50PM

Dear God please let me understand the mentality that is going on in this forum? who really gives a rats ass about politics?? We are all fans of this obnoxious team whether we like each other or not correct??. Its very simple, we all want to win a championship if we didnt we would like the @#$%& patriots ugggh. The solution is simple we need a better damn team, it doesnt matter if its tanny and his weak ass knee or the team 7 weeks later doesnt know if he needs surgery, or ajayi who cant run for shit unless he has the hole of a grand canyon, or albert whot cant keep healthy enough to catch a cold, or pouncy whos damn hip is more fragile than a ninety year old, or the Lb that cant tackle a freaking corpse or landry who wants 20 mill a year for 4 @#$%& tds.This team sucks and lost 20 damn draft spots to win what?? 6 more games than expected?? they suck and will suck until they fix these postions and get their head out of their asses and quit making excuses. I do believe Gase will get it done, but holy shit people realize they suck right now and changes have to come. Sorry for my rant but dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmn we havent contended for jack shit in 9 years so this year mean shit unless they change. uggggggh. I am sure I will get blasted but oh well, More to come.... lol

Date: January 27, 2017 03:52AM

Fiedler Hater Quote: or ajayi who cant run for shit unless he has the hole of a grand canyon,

Now i know you are just writting stuff for the hell of it...

Havent you seen this guy running over people and breaking tackles....?

If you have, then you are just making fun of this team and writting $H!T.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2017 04:01AM by samsam3738.

Date: January 27, 2017 04:00AM

Also landry is the best player pound for pound on this team and deserves to get paid.

or what do you want to happen....? To let landry be a free agent to another team like we did welker..?

That would be nice would it?

Draft players, develop them into superstars and then let them go be free agents to other teams.

BTW Landry is a superstar....Or close to it...

At lthe very least he plays with the biggest cojones you have ever seen.

Date: January 27, 2017 04:11AM

About 3 weeks ago....Some espn i think it was commentator was interviewed on the radio and said if landry wanted too much money we should let him walk. How he didnt fit in our scheme or what we were trying to do this year...

He said we could use leonte caroo in his place.

Really?

Replace landry ( probably our best player ) with a rookie receiver who we dont know if he is even any good?

I guess any fool can be a radio or espn commentator these days.

Date: January 27, 2017 04:19AM

This is a subject that gets to my skin..

Draft players....develop them into great players....Then when the time comes to give them a contract......Let them go to other teams...

BTW i was against us letting odrick go to jacksonville was it....? Or the other dend who we drafted and let go.....I forgot what team he went to.

Can you imagine the combo of lamar miller..>Who is an illusive runner.......And ayagi who is one of the most powerfull runners in the league.....

And please dont say lamar miller wasnt any good.....Lamar miller really played well at times last year.....He was killer in the open field and catching passes out of the backfield......and ran well in many games....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2017 04:21AM by samsam3738.

Posted by: fiedlerhater ()
Date: January 27, 2017 05:23AM

Sam, the point I am trying to make is that ajayi had 1200 yrds and 600 in three games, so whats the average for the other 10games??? 50yrds. wow astonishing. when the line blew holes for him he is awesome. Landry yes a brilliant reciever catches everything but do you seriously want to pay even 12million a year for 4 tds? thats all i am saying. not putting the players down but thats too much money. you have 100million sitting on the bench with the OL over half the season year after year cut the damn fragile players and get people that will be there.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: January 27, 2017 01:52PM

Yes, Landry deserves to get paid. No question there. I don't give a crap that he only had 4 TD's because he moves the chains and does it better than almost anyone in the league. You don't get TD's without first downs after all. You also don't keep Brady on the sidelines without first downs.

Ajayi is a top ten back in the league and is arguably better than that. No RB gets yardage without good blocking.

The name of the game in todays NFL is overpaying for players...all of them are overpaid. The players you have that are can do guys, that excel and give it all on every play are the one's you have to be OK with overpaying to keep. Or Landry ends up with the Pat's and we seen them win another three titles with him. He's that good, in their system he'd set all time records. And they would pay him.

Posted by: Doctor Feelgood ()
Date: January 28, 2017 05:19PM

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.