HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Julius Peppers
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Julius Peppers
Posted by: noetic ()
Date: January 20, 2009 12:03PM

Some of you have gone off-topic from the original post, which was about Signing Peppers should he become a free agent. I doubt many people here would be willing to trade for him.

However, our free cap space for the upcoming season is large enough that signing Peppers would not be a liability. We don't need to spend money on a top ten draft choice anymore, and eventually we're going to need to find a few great players, either in the draft or via free agency. If we simply build a team with mediocre, less expensive, talent...then we will be precisely that: a mediocre team with wasted cap space.

I'm not saying that I disagree with the direction Parcells and co. have taken so far, because I'm very pleased with it, and I love the way they're building a team as opposed to a collection of talented players (cough-Dallas-cough). However, we will still need to find players that mean as much to us as Zach Thomas once did.

Ask yourselves, when was the last time the Dolphins drafted a truly great player? We can assume the jury is still out on the 2008 draft since its only been one year, but we've certainly been shooting a lot of blanks over the last decade.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: January 20, 2009 12:53PM

Well I have to agree that proven talent is a great way to go when we have the money. We need a guy like that long haired freak LB that had the pick 6 for the Steelers last Sunday. Forgot his name. Anyway, someone like that that just goes crazy in big games. Every time I watch him he proves again that he is special.

BP and company have proven that they know and can get talent. Maybe this new kid they just signed, Cam Wake, will turn into an animal for us.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2009 12:54PM by Leon In Denver.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: January 20, 2009 01:45PM

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: January 20, 2009 02:10PM

I thought peppers was injury prone.

Posted by: phinfanjake ()
Date: January 20, 2009 09:52PM

julius peppers is too expensive and is only a sack-artist

Posted by: Rgphin ()
Date: January 21, 2009 04:20AM

He is only good to rush the QB but cant stop the run just like porter.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.