HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Miami Dolphins in Madden 09
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Miami Dolphins in Madden 09
Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: January 16, 2009 05:10AM

Poll
51 votes were received.
All visitors can vote.
Do you play Madden?

Hey everybody...don't know how many of you here are Madden players, but I've been playing quite a bit lately. I was wondering if anybody else here plays the Phins a lot in Madden...I'm curious to see how you guys use them.

Right now my offensive game plans revolve around a few basic strategies...

1. Straight up smash-mouth
I run a lot of tight packages and just smash Ronnie up the middle. Usually good for 3-4 yards a carry, then to convert 3rd and short, I'll look for Fasano over the middle, or depending on match ups, I'll just run slants and hit whoever gets open.

Pros: Eats up the clock like crazy. Tires out defense. Smashing up the middle and converting one 3rd down after another is demoralizing to my roommate.

Cons: D knows the run is coming. If I get blasted in the backfield on 1st or 2nd down, 3rd and long becomes a nightmare.

2. Run to set up the pass
I'll take a few shots up the gut, maybe run a counter...generally focus on making the other team think I'm going to commit to pounding it up the middle, then start throwing in play action.

Pros: Commits the other team to the run to open up the passing lanes. Ball control. Occasional big run if the defense gets sucked into pass protection.

Cons: I feel like the line is shaky at times, and have gotten blasted during the fake and lose a lot of yardage. Low yardage gains really hinder this game plan.

3. Pass to set up the run
I just tried this last night and I see some HUGE potential. I kept dinking and dunking to Fasano and Martin...4 yards here, 6 yards there. Completely focus on the pass...usually out of the ACE formation and I-Formation. I'll toss a few up the middle...just over the line to Fasano, then start focusing on some short out routes, which starts pulling the LB and DBs out of the center of the field...then I ran up the gut out of an I-formation and there is NOBODY there...I ran for 3 HUGE gains for TDs last night by doing this...Ronnie had 90 yards on 6 carries.

I'm not sure of the pros and cons since this was the first time I tried that, but it frustrated my roommate to no end.

I can get to defense later, but I don't really have a main plan...I try to just play vs the team I'm against. (Usually my roommates fav team, the Saints.)

So what do y'all think...anybody else play Madden a lot, let me know...I'm curious as to how you use the Phins

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Miami Dolphins in Madden 09
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: January 16, 2009 05:20AM

I play almost identically to you. I use Ginn and his speed alot too. I can definately get him deep for TD's numerous time a game, and I do that by setting it up with smash-mouth run plays. Like I said, almost identically to how you play.

Date: January 16, 2009 05:22AM

If you're hitting Ginn deep, maybe you can help me out. I am HORRIBLE at deep passes. I don't know if it's that I don't trust Pennington's arm or what, but I really don't throw them much because when I do, they seem to get picked off.

What should I be looking for when trying to hit somebody deep?

Date: January 16, 2009 05:34AM

The main key on deep passes is to watch the Safety. If he is pressing up in the box or if he is not playing Ginn, basically if Ginn is getting man-to-man coverage thats the time.

My suggestion is finding a good fly route in the playbook for Ginn and set up up in your audibles, and when/if you see the Safety coming up to blitz and the DB is playing tight press coverage, that is the time to audible into that play. Dont hold down the button, tap it (allows more of a rainbow pass) switch on to Ginn as soon as you pass and run down the ball. ITS A TD!!!

Date: January 16, 2009 05:37AM

I normally can get it 3-4 times a game against real good competition. Sometimes Ginn is tackled as soon as he catches it, but sometimes he gets seperation from the DB and it's taken to the house!

Date: January 16, 2009 05:39AM

Having a great run game and the ability to hit a deep pass makes you really tough to beat. When you get this area of you game down you will become a dangerous player for people to play because they wont know whats coming.

Date: January 16, 2009 06:03AM

Hmmm...I don't normally switch to the WR after a pass...I need to trust my skills more.

Won't he catch it automatically?

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: January 16, 2009 06:37AM

I prefer real football with real people. If I wanted to watch something simulated, I'd pull out my VHS tapes and replay the Bud Bowl games spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: January 16, 2009 07:27AM

I have no idea what you're talking about.confused smiley

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: January 16, 2009 11:10AM

I play MADDEN09 all the time these days, I always play as the PHINS. And let me tell you I can't wait till next year when our team strength is HIGHER.

I find that its easier to hit GINN on deep passes if I roll PENNINGTON out of the pocket to whichever side Ginn is lined up.

MY MADDEN style is similar to you guys, SMASH MOUTH RUNNING GAME complimented by short pass to the TEs and slants to the DBs. LIKE THE REAL DOLPHINS.

With the updated stats CROWDER is playing quite well. Maybe we should resign him.

Add me as a friend if you wanna play DOLPHINS vs DOLPHINS sometime.... my online is GENERAL HECK .

"Don't tell me about the pain, show me the baby." - BP

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: January 16, 2009 12:39PM

Okay guys, fill me in please.

Date: January 16, 2009 12:45PM

What do you want to know, Leon? I'm confused.

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: January 16, 2009 01:35PM

TheFutt Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What do you want to know, Leon? I'm confused.

Well let me unconfuse you... if I played you in madded you would get deficated on. real real bad. ooooo i just dropped the hammer on stinky futt

Date: January 16, 2009 04:40PM

madden 09 is a video game.smileys with beer

Date: January 16, 2009 05:19PM

Quote:

"Won't he catch it automatically?"

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Yeah, he will, but if you click on too him and use speed burst you can create seperation and run under the ball. Keep honing your skills! It will come!

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: January 17, 2009 04:36PM

I never liked Madden. I used to love Super Techmo Bowl. It was simple and very competetive. My favorite team to use was the Chiefs. Okoye was unstoppable and Derrick Thomas was awesome on D.

Posted by: fakespike ()
Date: January 17, 2009 11:29PM

my catagory is not in the list:

Exclusively plays with the Dolphins.

havent played with another team in the 09 version yet. (have in past versions though)

much more fun with some good players on the team.

recently i've been stacking my OL with JL at tightend (i-form, 2TE, 1WR) and smiley at RG and just pound pound away with running back and fullback up the gut and behind carey and long. then the D will play a run blitz and you nail Ginn crossing on PA post with no safeties and nobody can catch him.

will also sneak Henne in to throw some longballs or on 3rd and long shotgun sitations. henne kills the skinny post to ginn.

looking forward to next year when we'll have some playmakers on Defense, in the game and in real life.

i'd say look me up to play (DoobsNTubes) but we'll both likely want to play as miami.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2009 11:31PM by fakespike.

Posted by: noetic ()
Date: January 18, 2009 07:43AM

The single best play in the game is the spread single-back, four wide receivers, with Ronnie alone in the backfield. Fake an audible to force the defense to stop hiding its formation, and run it up the gut with a dive.

I also use a lot of I-Form and offset with Ricky and Ronnie both in the backfield. That way I can pound it with Ricky, or send Ronnie out on a sweep as well. I generally only give Pennington like 12-15 throws, and pound it for 150-200 yards rushing.

Whenever I send it deep to Ginn, he gets open but drops the pass. He drops as many passes as he catches in my game. Pretty realistic.

Date: February 01, 2009 06:24AM

I am KILLING with GINN these days. Making me very optimistic of things to come. I have to admit....I play with HENNE at QB.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.