HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Tannehills fault.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Tannehills fault.
Posted by: marcsbros ()
Date: November 08, 2015 11:43AM

Evening.Not been on for sometime and was reading with interest on some threads about its all Tannehills fault.

While i agree in some statements with the qb throwing for 300 odd yards,in my eyes there should be a couple of td,s in there,but its not down to Tannehill if...

We use a first round pick on Parker,albeit some games he has been injured,then when fit hes not used?Surely the pick should of been used on a guard to bolster the o line and not rely on Dallas Thomas etc.

We pick up Kelvin Sheppard as MLB, we might as well have kept Philip Wheeler for what good he is.

Jordan Cameron was supposed to be an upgrade on Charles Clay,but has only had one game with 4 or more catches,or is he not being used?

Brent Grimes being toasted by Sammie Watkins.. 266 rushing yards given up in the Buffalo game..Suspect play calling etc.

While i agree in part that hes not living up to star billing,i dont think all of the teams ills can be placed at Tannys feet...just my observation.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tannehills fault.
Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: November 08, 2015 11:45AM

Definitely not all RT's fault but he has Henne Syndrome. Yardage between the 20's. I think Henne through the deep ball better

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 08, 2015 11:55AM

The fault can be said to have been shared equally by all.

Posted by: OCphin ()
Date: November 08, 2015 12:03PM

If anyone here thinks Tanney is, or can be a legit QB in the NFL, I've got a bridge for sale.

Posted by: KB ()
Date: November 08, 2015 12:06PM

I get flamed for the Henne comparison but it's true. Not that they have the same weaknesses or same style of play. But they have produced the same flipping results. This will be Tannehills 4th season starting every game and we will still not have a winning season. Like Henne, Tannehill is just not a franchise level guy...he just isn't, he makes no difference.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: November 08, 2015 12:08PM

"We use a first round pick on Parker,albeit some games he has been injured,then when fit hes not used?Surely the pick should of been used on a guard to bolster the o line and not rely on Dallas Thomas etc."
I expressed this opinion before the draft and was told by many of the posters on this board that they would be "disgusted" if we took another O-lineman, that we needed to take a "skill" position player.
I expressed the opinion several weeks ago that Parker was doing us no good at all, we would have been better served to take an O-lineman, and now they agree with me.
Be careful what you wish for, you may get it.

Rick

Posted by: marcsbros ()
Date: November 08, 2015 12:16PM

Ive not been on for ages Rick,so i wasnt in the "disgusted" fold.

I think it was Ross or Hickey that said at the draft "We will take the best player available"...done the team a lot of good by the look of it.

Posted by: sickofit ()
Date: November 08, 2015 12:53PM

Tannehill botching snaps is now a WEEKLY occurrence.

This is who we are paying $96 M to.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: November 08, 2015 01:14PM

Sadly after 3.5 years of Tanne I see no signs of him being a gun slinger nor a game manager at qb. Still not sure what his strong points are ... what does he bring to the table every game?

Date: November 08, 2015 01:15PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The fault can be said to have been shared equally
> by all.

Well said Chyrenne. Cant put this all on Tanny, the defense gave up alot of plays as well. Grimes had an off day , missed tackles, it was a sad defensive showing.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: November 08, 2015 02:03PM

Tannehill is in his 4th year and still looks like a rookie. He flashes every now and then and will occasionally put up good numbers but like today when Hughes stripped him you scratch your head.

Jay Fiedler put up good numbers on occassion too. Everyone knew he stunk.

Date: November 08, 2015 06:25PM

"Jay Fiedler put up good numbers on occassion too. Everyone knew he stunk."

He did NOT stink, and he got more out of limited talent than anybody I ever saw. Now, Cleo Lemon - HE stunk.

Rick

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2015 06:26PM by dolphan4545.

Date: November 08, 2015 07:06PM

LOL. remember Pat White anyone? Ray Lucas, thigpen, John Beck......I can go on and on.

Is Tannehill Aaron Rodgers? No, but not since Marino have we seen a QB who can be pretty damn good on occasion. Perfect outing and AFC player of the week just 2 weeks ago. The question is why cant he be consistent?

Here is something I noticed......why is he always in the shotgun? No dropback......because the oline cant give me those few more seconds? It also takes away from the play action teams know exactly what hes doing.

Lighten up on the guy, its from from all on him, but he certainly made some bad decisions today , no doubt.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: November 09, 2015 05:09AM

dolphan4545 Wrote:
> "Jay Fiedler put up good numbers on occassion too.
> Everyone knew he stunk."
>
> He did NOT stink, and he got more out of limited
> talent than anybody I ever saw. Now, Cleo Lemon -
> HE stunk.

Jay Feidler - NFL Brain, Jr. College Arm. If only we could have done the trick from that Movie 'Self/less' and put Feidler into Tannehill or Henne lol...

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: November 09, 2015 05:23AM

Well, it's pretty obvious that tanne can't carry this team. that said let's not put him in a position to cost us games.

we have 4 te's on the roster. I'd go with a base 2 te set and run it 50x between lamar and ajayi. Set up a couple of safe play action routes and win the old fashioned way.

buffalo did it to us yesterday. no reason we can't do that.

make it happen, Dan.

Date: November 09, 2015 08:21AM

I don't care if he can 'Carry' us, I would just be happy if he would step up and make a difference. For example yesterday. We were running well early, then Buffalo started crowding the line to stop it. THAT is where a good, never mind great, but good NFL QB makes you pay by throwing the ball. Tannehill couldn't, he just couldn't. He MAY play well occasionally against poor teams when everything is going our way, but when we need him to make a difference...he doesn't.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: November 09, 2015 11:21AM

KB Wrote:
> I get flamed for the Henne comparison but it's
> true. Not that they have the same weaknesses or
> same style of play. But they have produced the
> same flipping results. This will be Tannehills
> 4th season starting every game and we will still
> not have a winning season. Like Henne, Tannehill
> is just not a franchise level guy...he just isn't,
> he makes no difference.

Geez, KB, stop the hating on RT.

I saw the game, and I don't remember him being beaten on eight passes caught by Watson. I also don't recall him missing tackles, so much so that two Buffalo runners gained over 100 yards EACH.

Everyone on this board gets it...RT is not Marino. How many QBs are in the NFL that can even come close to Marino's greatness? I think we can count them on one hand, and one of them may be retiring after this season. Also, one of the others has had two terrible games, back-to-back.

Save your venom for the areas of this team that deserve it. You are spewing it all on ONE GUY instead of different AREAS.

This TEAM is a mess; many holes that need to be filled.

Ain't gonna happen this year.

BTW, as soon as you see another Marino that will be available, make sure you let Ross/Tannenbaum/Hickey know about it so they can sign him.

Date: November 09, 2015 11:32AM

dolphan4545 Wrote:
> "We use a first round pick on Parker,albeit some
> games he has been injured,then when fit hes not
> used?Surely the pick should of been used on a
> guard to bolster the o line and not rely on Dallas
> Thomas etc."
> I expressed this opinion before the draft and was
> told by many of the posters on this board that
> they would be "disgusted" if we took another
> O-lineman, that we needed to take a "skill"
> position player.
> I expressed the opinion several weeks ago that
> Parker was doing us no good at all, we would have
> been better served to take an O-lineman, and now
> they agree with me.
> Be careful what you wish for, you may get it.

Agreed, that some on this board had had enough of Miami drafting OLinemen in the first round. A "playmaker" was drafted instead. He is not playing for various reasons...1) injured foot, 2) (supposedly) not prepared enough, and 3) coaches reluctant to play him (along with other "backups"winking smiley.

IMO, the first round talent offensive linemen were not available when Miami's pick came. Miami was reluctant (along with other posters and media-types) to draft a guard in the first round.

No one knows, but what if Miami drafted an OLman and he was injured during training camp and out for the year? At least Parker is available, but just waiting for the coaches to put him in the game. If we look at what Jennings has been doing over the last few games, Parker should take over. 1) Jennings isn't doing much and 2) he has dropped quite a few balls, one in the Buffalo game yesterday.

Anyway, again IMO, it doesn't matter what position Miami drafts in the upcoming draft, as every position needs to be upgraded.

BTW, as far as Parker is concerned, once he gets into the starting lineup (and his foot is healthy), he "could" be a star. Hopefully this will happen next year.

Date: November 09, 2015 11:35AM

sickofit Wrote:
> Tannehill botching snaps is now a WEEKLY
> occurrence.
>
> This is who we are paying $96 M to.

I hate it when people comment on things they really aren't paying attention to.

That botched snap was on both RT and Pouncey.

Before that snap went for a safety, my eyes opened wide when I saw how fast the ball went to RT (and it was a little high).

Despite that, RT should have been able to snag it anyway. He missed, but it had no bearing on the outcome of the game.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 09, 2015 11:38AM

Both faults...

Pouncey for throwing it so fast and the wet firecracker for been so asleep that he couldnt catch it.

Date: November 09, 2015 12:06PM

Given my laughable (in comparison) school experience of a center, in which they designed plays for me to shift the ball BETWEEN THE LEGS OF THE QUARTERBACK who was right behind me to go directly to the left half back, the full back or the right half back,.......I blame Pouncey. It shows that he was getting beaten up by the rushers and it was adrenaline that made him "just wanna get rid of the ball" instead of concentrating on his shift.

Now, that said, the ball was not so far above Tanny head that he could NOT have caught it. I think his eyes were elsewhere.

Too mistakes combining to make one colossal one.

Date: November 09, 2015 12:48PM

"If only we could have done the trick from that Movie 'Self/less' and put Feidler into Tannehill or Henne lol..."

Ain't it the truth.

Rick

Posted by: Phins5.0 ()
Date: November 09, 2015 06:04PM

Yes, we go from a guy in Fiedler who wants to throw down the field constantly and doesn't have the physical ability to do it to two guys in Henne and Tannehill that have the physical ability to go down the field and simply are too scared to do so.

Date: November 10, 2015 04:34AM

captkoi Wrote:
> KB Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I get flamed for the Henne comparison but it's
> > true. Not that they have the same weaknesses
> or
> > same style of play. But they have produced the
> > same flipping results. This will be Tannehills
> > 4th season starting every game and we will
> still
> > not have a winning season. Like Henne,
> Tannehill
> > is just not a franchise level guy...he just
> isn't,
> > he makes no difference.
>
> **************************************************
> ****
>
> Geez, KB, stop the hating on RT.

Well cap it's like this, to me an NFL QB is like the President of the country or the commander of an army or the CEO of a company. He's the leader, driving force, the 'face' if you will. When things aren't going well thats the first place you look. Tannehill has actually had MORE of a shot at this point then Henne had (3.5 years, unchallenged starter) and still has produced no better results in terms of helping our team win games. To quote another posters screen name i'm SICKOFIT and sick of other fans saying it makes all of us who feel that way disloyal or negative or ignorant of the game. Look at the results, it's hard to argue with them.

>
> I saw the game, and I don't remember him being
> beaten on eight passes caught by Watson. I also
> don't recall him missing tackles, so much so that
> two Buffalo runners gained over 100 yards EACH.

True, Grimes had a bad game, but fact is he has FAR more good ones than bad ones. Tannehill is the inverse. Missed tackles, yes i agree that has been a defining characteristic of our D for a while now.

>
> Everyone on this board gets it...RT is not Marino.
> How many QBs are in the NFL that can even come
> close to Marino's greatness? I think we can count
> them on one hand, and one of them may be retiring
> after this season. Also, one of the others has had
> two terrible games, back-to-back.
>

My point isn't that he's 'not Marino', my point is he's not very good, he just isn't. And no, he's not a franchise guy and an NFL team these days isn't going to be very successful without one.

> Save your venom for the areas of this team that
> deserve it.

You REALLY think he doesn't 'deserve' it? Really? You have Ross-itis, Being blindly loyal regardless of results. I'm a DOLPHINS fan not a Dolphins QB fan.

> You are spewing it all on ONE GUY
> instead of different AREAS.
>
> This TEAM is a mess; many holes that need to be
> filled.
>
> Ain't gonna happen this year.

You're right on all three points there, I'll try to 'spew' on some other worthless players this week as well lol...And Yes, sadly, it seems all our hopes that we were more talented than we looked and it was all Philbin's fault were wrong.

>
> BTW, as soon as you see another Marino that will
> be available, make sure you let
> Ross/Tannenbaum/Hickey know about it so they can
> sign him.

It wouldn't do any good, this team has not been serious about finding a franchise QB since Marino left. Posted this before, but one more time...the last 12 superbowls have been won by 8 QB's, of the 8, 4 and arguably 5 COULD have been Miami Dolphins.

Posted by: davdoldew4 ()
Date: November 10, 2015 09:55AM

It was not all Tannehill's fault is very true. Just look at 266 yards rushing by Buffalo. That says a lot about the lack of talent on this team and the lack of a lot of other factors with this team.

Back to Tannehill, he is not and will never be what everyone wants him to be, a great QB, just a fact folks. It just is not there, it is not his fault, just a fact, pure and simple.

One other poster stated that Henne had a better long ball. Truthfully, both left a lot to be desired in that department, no offense to anyone.

You just have to feel when a QB is in the game if he has control of the game. With Tannehill I have never had any sense of that with him. I just don't believe he has the IT, so to speak, to win a game that is in question.

Date: November 10, 2015 10:53AM

Posted by: Damn-U-Kong-93 ()
Date: November 10, 2015 10:58PM

Brent Grimes getting toasted was a response to our D-Line & LBs not making tackles; they only threw 12 times so you are thinking run mostly and it's easy to get caught leaning.

Yeah, Jordan Cameron was supposed to be RED ZONE MAGNET! He has 20 catches?????

No it's not all TANN's fault but they already fired the HC. In pecking order the QB is at the top of the players to bitch about. Well, you know that?

KNick637

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.