HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          ChyrenB, Former NFL Player?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
ChyrenB, Former NFL Player?
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: August 17, 2015 05:51PM

You guys are gonna get a kick out of this. About one month and a half ago, I received at my precise address, a letter addressed to "Otis Hudson" from an organization called "NFL Alumni." I don't know why it came to my address but, of course, I never opened it.

I first contacted the organization and only spoke to the sole staffer there at the time, a secretary, who knew nothing. I told her the details and she promised to have the only other employee, her boss, get back to me. I explained to her that there was no reason for this letter to have come to me. He never called back.

Being dissatisfied with the answer I googled Otis Hudson and found out that he had been with the Cincinnati Bengals but had been cut. The Bengals organization told me to just send that letter on to them.

My female cousin is the widow of one Frank Buncom, who died in 1969. Frank had played the Chargers and then for the Bengals when he died during the regular season. (Ironically, the last conversation we had was him telling me what a dangerous game pro football was.)

Recently, there was a class action involving NFL injuries and I submitted a claim on behalf of Frank and his descendants.

Well, I thought this was the genesis of the mixup and forgot about it.

However, today, I received a letter, in MY name, sent by the same organization, asking me to join and describing the wonderful benefits.

Shows I was right about how second rate that organization was.

The only use they made of my phone call was not to call me back about Otis Hudson, but to put MY NAME on the address (mine) they had for him and assume that I was an ex-NFL player.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: ChyrenB, Former NFL Player?
Posted by: JC ()
Date: August 18, 2015 06:14AM

Wow, now get them to write out an additional settlement check in your name.

Pretty cool that your cousin-in-law was an established NFL player but very sad the way he died so young.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: August 18, 2015 05:09PM

Otis Hudson is my cousin

Date: August 18, 2015 08:06PM

LOL.

Date: August 18, 2015 08:08PM

Two attorneys. Easy to see the mixup.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.