HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Draft day trades...
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Draft day trades...
Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: April 23, 2015 04:31AM

I think this one makes sense IF Tennessee is indeed, planning on going forward with Mettenberger....which they very well may be. It allows them to pick up more talent and add some needed pieces like WR, OL, RB and NT.

Three way trade with Ten, Cle & Philly....

Philly gets #2 takes Mariota (gives up 20 & Sam Bradford)
Cleveland gets Sam Bradford (gives up #12 & 43)
Tennessee gets 12, 20 & 43.

It adds up on the value chart for Tennessee. Cleveland gets a QB and is dumb/desperate enough to do it. They already offered a first for SB and they get to keep pick 19.

Tennessee can still get a good WR & RB to help Mettenberger out and possible a NT.

I don't see Phillip Rivers getting traded. SD would be nuts to do that just for Mariota although I think the Titans would jump on that in a heartbeat.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2015 06:10AM by JoeFootball.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Draft day trades...
Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: April 23, 2015 05:59AM

How does Tenn get Mariota? Did you mean the Eagles get him at #2?

Date: April 23, 2015 06:17AM

Yeah. I'm old and confused. (post edited).

So anyway....Tennessee ends up with 12, 20, 32 & 43....That would be a nice haul.

12 Davante Parker, WR
20 Melvin Gordan, RB
32 Eddie Goldman, NT
43 Stephone Anthony, MLB

(Miami could use those guys)

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: April 23, 2015 06:30AM

Cle gives up 12 and a second rounder for Sam Bradford? How does that make any sense at all

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: April 23, 2015 07:40AM

I think Sam Bradford is waaaaaay overvalued in that scenario.

Date: April 23, 2015 07:43AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Cle gives up 12 and a second rounder for Sam
> Bradford? How does that make any sense at all

Because it's Cleveland.......

Date: April 23, 2015 08:57AM

...and they already offered a 1st round pick to STL and Philly. I didn't say I would do it or that most teams would do it. I said Ray (cell phone) Farmer and Jimmy (under investigation) Haslam could do it.

Farmer is Not For Long in Cleveland unless he finds a QB THIS year. Johnny Football is a waste. Josh McCown has flopped out everywhere he's been except for one good year in Chicago. Farmer needs a plug and play QB and he isn't getting one in this draft. Most say Mariota needs time to learn a traditional system. Winston is going to the Bucs.

If they had any brains, they would have sign Matt Moore along with Hartline instead of Josh McCown for 6 mil.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2015 09:09AM by JoeFootball.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: April 24, 2015 08:16AM

James Walker ?@JamesWalkerNFL 3m3 minutes ago
#Dolphins VP Mike Tannenbaum made it clear that GM Dennis Hickey has final say in the draft room.

If he had final say in last year drafting of landry then im fine with this.

Date: April 24, 2015 08:47AM

can the dolphins possible trade dion jordan and this years first to move up in the first round?

Adam Beasley retweeted
David Neal ?@DavidJNeal 14m14 minutes ago
Hickey, asked by @AdamHBeasley about Dion Jordan's love for football, pauses for several seconds then says he'll talk about the draft.

Dave Hyde ?@davehydesports 8m8 minutes ago
All Dion Jordan,questions sidestepped by Dolphins brass. My translation: don't expect him back.

Date: April 24, 2015 08:56AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> can the dolphins possible trade dion jordan and
> this years first to move up in the first round?
>
>
> Adam Beasley retweeted
> David Neal ?@DavidJNeal 14m14 minutes ago
> Hickey, asked by @AdamHBeasley about Dion Jordan's
> love for football, pauses for several seconds then
> says he'll talk about the draft.
>
>
>
>
>
> Dave Hyde ?@davehydesports 8m8 minutes ago
> All Dion Jordan,questions sidestepped by Dolphins
> brass. My translation: don't expect him back.

If they're that desperate, sure they can trade him, but they'll lose 1 million in cap space by doing so. Who the hell knows anymore.....

Date: April 24, 2015 09:06AM

I rather lose a million, trade up and get one of the best 3 receivers available. Its worth it.

Im sure other teams know dion jordan has a lot of potential.......The question is are they willing to give him a chance since hes flopped in miami?

Date: April 24, 2015 09:31AM

Well technically it's not just a million, he would go from a 5+ million dollar cap hit as a roster spot contributing something (we hope), to a 6+ million dollar cap hit as an empty roster spot, plus we would have to pay someone to fill his position, again, not impossible and it's starting to look like Hickeybaum is ready to cut bait.

Also, I doubt Jordan being involved in any trade up scenario gets us close to Cooper or White.

Date: April 24, 2015 11:27AM

Tannenbaum said whenever there are disagreements about personnel, Hickey ends them. Hickey has final say on roster.

Hickey said it's a big priority to keep Tannehill upright.

Which o-lineman fits best? Will probably be a college tackle who can play there in a pinch.

Maybe a guy who needs time to develop but has the skills for LT to take over for Albert when he is done. He is 30. Rookie would have a 4 year deal and take over when Albert is 33ish and can't justify 11 mil a year. Someone like TJ Clemmings. Can play LG and move when it's time or fill in bc of injury at LT or RT.

Edit: (ok maybe not Clemmings. Just found out he has a stress fracture in foot.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2015 11:45AM by JoeFootball.

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: April 24, 2015 03:00PM

JoeFootball Wrote:
> Tannenbaum said whenever there are disagreements
> about personnel, Hickey ends them. Hickey has
> final say on roster.
>
> Hickey said it's a big priority to keep Tannehill
> upright.
>
> Which o-lineman fits best? Will probably be a
> college tackle who can play there in a pinch.
>
> Maybe a guy who needs time to develop but has the
> skills for LT to take over for Albert when he is
> done. He is 30. Rookie would have a 4 year deal
> and take over when Albert is 33ish and can't
> justify 11 mil a year. Someone like TJ Clemmings.
> Can play LG and move when it's time or fill in bc
> of injury at LT or RT.
>
> Edit: (ok maybe not Clemmings. Just found out he
> has a stress fracture in foot.)

If that's the game plan then the best LT prospect in the draft is Flowers. After that its probably Humphries.

I'd be satisfied with either, especially if we drop a 4 or 5 spots and get back our 3rd

Date: April 24, 2015 03:17PM

If we take ol it will be Collins. But I have a hunch tannenbaum want to go splashier than that. Don't belive this hicky has final say stuff. It's tannenbaum and he knows what Ross wants. Flashy offensive skill guys.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: April 24, 2015 03:41PM

Berk- I would agree that it sure seems Tannebaum not Hickey ultimately has final say on this roster.. No matter what is proclaimed by Tannenbaum. Hickey reports to Tannebaum, that is his boss... I don't think it was Hickey who dictated or lead the charge for the drastic changes in the roster this offseason.. Hickey wants to keep his job, Tannebaum is Ross's guy right now, going against him would not be smart for his career with our team.. The more he goes a long with Tannenbaum, the longer his career in Miami IMO.. If it doesn't work out, he will be the fall guy for Tannenbaum to keep his job. Tannebaum is sitting in quite the catbird seat these days.

That being said, I really have no idea what we are going to do with 14.. I do think that there is a good chance a great player will be available to us in the spot... I am just hoping both QB's and as many edge pass rushers go in the top 13 as possible..

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: April 24, 2015 06:25PM

It is really seeming likely that all our top choices will be gone at 14--parker, wayans, gurley, which will leave us with 2d best ol, 4th best wr, 2d best rb, or trade down

Date: April 25, 2015 03:15AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> If we take ol it will be Collins. But I have a
> hunch tannenbaum want to go splashier than that.
> Don't belive this hicky has final say stuff. It's
> tannenbaum and he knows what Ross wants. Flashy
> offensive skill guys.

Or maybe MT has learned his lesson...That he is a knowledgeable manager but not a great personnel guy.

So many people want to bash Tannenbaum (not talking about you) and this guy or that guy for being an idiot but these are not stupid people for the most part (there are exceptions).

It doesn't always have to be this Hollywood sub-plot with Mike Tannenbaum sitting around rubbing his hands together like the evil villain in a Bond film.

People should remember that Tannenbaum came up with some of the best minds in the league. He's straight from the Parcels/Bellichick tree and was in Cleveland in 95 with all those young stars. Ozzie Newsome, Scott Pioli, Thomas Dimitroff, Nick Saban, Eric Mangini, Jim Schwartz...

Date: April 26, 2015 07:48AM

joe, I don't think he's an evil villain. he was brought in to run the show but due to idiotic rooney rule violation they can't say that in public any more. MT reports only to Ross who wants splashy playmakers and if at all possible MT will try to deliver on that. After that "splash" move Hicky can pick all the Matt Hazels he wants.

Date: April 26, 2015 08:17AM

I disagree Berk, if Ross was so hell bent on "splashy playmakers" how did Hickey pull off taking Juwaun James in the first last year?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2015 03:42AM by dolphaholic.

Date: April 26, 2015 05:23PM

@OmarKelly

"@capamando: Do you think that D. Hickey has the final saying with the draft ?"ยป Tannenbaum only said so 17 times last week

Date: April 27, 2015 02:19AM

what people don't seem to get is that if MT says anything else we are admitting to violating the rooney rule and will be fined and lose a draft pick. the press release announcing MT hire says he had final say over anything, it was only when the rule violation was noticed that they tried to walk back their own press releases. but hey omar kelly is convinced....

Date: April 28, 2015 03:08AM

Well, the 3-way trade may not happen as it all depends on the Titans position on Mariota. I do expect to see several trades though.

One other trade being thrown out there is where the Bears trade Cutler and a load of picks to Tampa for #1. Cutler reunites with Lovie and the Bears get their pick of QB's. It's a stretch but...

The Browns are desperate for a QB. We all know that. They could move up to 2 if they decide to come off of both first round picks (12 & 19).

I think someone will trade up for Leonard Williams if he drops past the Titans. I think Jax would like to move down and their biggest need isn't for a 5-technique player like Williams. They need an edge rusher and are also said to be infatuated with Todd Gurley. They have NO running back. What if Mariota slips past 2? Teams will be really trying to move to #3.

Oakland needs a WR but they do not have to take one at 4. They could move down a few spots and still get one. They do have a need for a 3-tech or a large DE like Leo Williams in their new 4-3 under scheme as well as a CB.

Washington wants to trade down. They do not need a starting d-lineman in their 3-4 after FA. Depending on their opinion of Trent Murphy, they may be looking at an edge rusher. They could also use a few positions but the roster actually looks solid, believe it or not...outside of RG3. OL could be a target as well as CB...or they may want a flashier RB. There are also rumors of a RG3 trade as he is an idiot.

The Jet could make a move for a QB. The Vikings always move around. The Dolphins want to trade down. The Chargers and Cowboys want Gurley. The Eagles should be active as well and could still go after Mariota.

My question is...who has a big need for a player like Williams? And how valuable is he as a 5-tech in a 3-4? it's not like he is projected to be JJ Watt. How good is he in a 4-3 as a 3-tech? The Bears need a 3-4 DE but they need a NT more. The Giants really need a DT. They could make a move for Williams from pick 9. Trade with Jax maybe?

One thing for certain is this is going to be an exciting draft!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.