HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          defensive coordinator
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
defensive coordinator
Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: February 01, 2015 02:01PM

Watching the super bowl and thinking ..seee!!! that's how you stop the scramblers..put a spy on the QB!

I'm yelling at you Coyle.

Mr. Ross I am making it known that I am available for the DC job. smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: defensive coordinator
Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: February 01, 2015 05:13PM

Well there might be a vacancy for OC in Seattle after that boneheaded play call that just lost them the game.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: February 01, 2015 05:36PM

Date: February 01, 2015 06:18PM

Another lesson for our Pinhead occurred at the end of the game. Pats were leading, and Seahawks in striking distance, clock ticking down to 30 second mark. Did Beli panic and call a time out? Hell no...He put his faith in his defense and the additional pressure from the clock, and voila it resulted in that mental error from the other side that won the patsies the game.

Lesson: YOU DONT CALL A TIMEOUT for the other TEAM when you are winning and on Defense!

(PS: if i was at the games where pinhead was calling those timeouts, i might right now be on trial for murder, or at least battery)

Date: February 01, 2015 06:45PM

LOL. Attention holic, JSM08 and JoeFootball, don't have a heart attack when you read the following. And Toko, don't take this wrong but I gotta be fair. Those timeouts called by Philbin against Green Bay are a molehill in comparison to the monumental MOUNTAIN OF A MISTAKE made by Carroll in calling a pass play from the one or two yard line in the SuperBowl with less than a half minute to go and on 2nd down (?) and trailing by 4. Even Philbin would not have done that. I can't take Philbin down THAT far. I gotta defend him against that!

Date: February 01, 2015 07:22PM

That's true Chyren, i think Carroll blew a brain gasket somewhere during the game and at the end he was trying to prove something to Kraft. Some kind of revenge thing , something like " I am even going to be fancy about it and pass my way in..."

You don't leave your best player who was trouncing the Pats with empty hands. I have always hated Carrol though, ever since that choke thing he did to us..the JEST green never washed out, he is a loser once again.

He at least admitted he had made a huge mistake at the end.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: February 02, 2015 04:03AM

belichick should have used a TO. Seattle had 1 minute and 1 TO to get 1 yard. the pats are lucky seattle called that stupid play because had they run it in the pats would have had about 20 seconds to get into FG range.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: February 02, 2015 04:25AM

jsm08 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> belichick should have used a TO. Seattle had 1
> minute and 1 TO to get 1 yard. the pats are lucky
> seattle called that stupid play because had they
> run it in the pats would have had about 20 seconds
> to get into FG range.

Agreed, Belicheck got lucky by not calling a timeout, anther reason why Seattle should of run the ball at least two more times to get 1 yrd. Both coaches played that one wrong IMO

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: February 02, 2015 04:27AM

That was the worst play call in superbowl history.

Date: February 02, 2015 04:38AM

if you're going to throw it use play action, read option, anything but an empty backfield and throwing it to the middle.

unbelievable

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: February 02, 2015 04:44AM

It was the worst call in football history.

What if belicheck had called a time out and the Seahawks take the time to think "do we really want to throw the ball here?"

Date: February 02, 2015 06:43AM

if belichick would of called a timeout, there is no question in my mind Lynch would have been given the ball and scored. Belichick made the right decision and kept the pressure on Carroll. Carroll let his emotions take over and lost.

Date: February 02, 2015 09:53AM

Date: February 02, 2015 06:15PM

^^^ Safe to say a disgruntled Seahawks fan wrote that lol ^^^

Date: February 02, 2015 06:18PM

And oh yeah, he's definitely got one up on Philbin in the boneheaded category - You know, I actually don't feel so bad about Philbin now haha!

Date: February 02, 2015 06:19PM

You're right on both posts, 808. LOL.

Date: February 04, 2015 09:36AM

"Belichick went on sports radio WEEI on Wednesday and said he didn't call timeout because the personnel group that Seattle put on the field suggested the Seahawks were going to pass, which is what he wanted."

this is why they are champs, and our guys are chumps. sad smiley

Date: February 04, 2015 09:43AM

They're champs because they picked off the pass, if they wouldn't of and Seattle scored the game winning TD with under 20 seconds left, Bellichek would of been lambasted in the national media just like Petey boy is now.

Date: February 04, 2015 10:04AM

Date: February 04, 2015 10:21AM

so had the hawks scored you don't think belichick would have been questioned for taking 2 TOs into the offseason?

Is that what you're saying, chryen?

Date: February 04, 2015 10:25AM

jsm08 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> so had the hawks scored you don't think belichick
> would have been questioned for taking 2 TOs into
> the offseason?
>
> Is that what you're saying, chryen?

Oh yeah......that's what he's sayin jsm........but I'm the one that's accused of arguing just for the sake of arguingeye rolling smiley

Date: February 04, 2015 12:15PM

Date: February 04, 2015 02:32PM

Easy, after the 4 yard run by Lynch down to the 1, you know when Seattle ran the clock all the way down to 26 seconds, had Pete Carroll played it smart and run the ball 2 more times to get one yard, he would of won the game with virtually no time left for Brady to march down the field, or at the very least he would of been faced with a 4th and goal with a few seconds left and the game on the line. Then he could of called any play he wanted. All the while Bellichek could of sat on those two timeouts as extra cushion for the long flight home.

If its such a crazy idea, why were the announcers talking about the possibility of New England letting the Seahawks score after the miracle catch so they would have more time to come right back? I think they even mentioned that it has happened in a previous super bowl.

Date: February 04, 2015 02:58PM

At that point, the clock belonged to New England, meaning time was no longer an issue for Seattle. As I stated above, I CAN SEE how Bellicheat may have called timeout himself.

On the other hand, I can also seeing him saying, "They're gonna run it in for a touchdown and I'll need to get my team into field goal range to HAVE ANY HOPE OF GOING INTO OVERTIME. So, I'm going to save ANY TIMEOUTS I HAVE for after the kickoff."

Even if you say that only a few coaches would have seen it that way, the fact remains that NOBODY but you thinks that what Carroll DID was even rational, let alone defensible.

Date: February 04, 2015 04:10PM

How do you figure the Pats owned the clock when Seattle ran the clock down from 1:06 to :26 between plays? That's :42 valuable seconds that Brady would of needed IF Seattle would of run the ball in for a TD instead of Carrolls brain fart. Like I said, had Seattle kept running they could of scored with little to no time left for Brady. Pretty simple really.

Date: February 04, 2015 04:33PM

Date: February 04, 2015 04:41PM

Who said I was defending Carroll? I think the guys a moron for passing the ball. Show me where I'm defending him.......

Date: February 04, 2015 06:16PM

Oh, come on! Your point was that had that Seattle won, then Bellicheat would have been the goat or at least he would have been criticized for not calling timeouts!!!! It was your usual defense of the establishment by saying that no matter what, people would be bitching and moaning.

Date: February 04, 2015 06:55PM

Date: February 05, 2015 12:55AM

never goes well for chryen

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.