HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          All coaches in playoffs yesterday had chest bumps
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
All coaches in playoffs yesterday had chest bumps
Posted by: ncfishfan ()
Date: January 04, 2015 01:40AM

with their players during the game...I have never seen that with our coach...it's very telling about how players feel about Failbin!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: All coaches in playoffs yesterday had chest bumps
Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: January 04, 2015 03:11AM

how many did mike tomlin have as they got schooled at home?

his cheer leading led to a 13pt home playoff loss.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: January 04, 2015 03:26AM

oh! I thought you meant breasts smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: January 04, 2015 04:56AM

How many times did you see Shula, Landry and Chuck Noll chest bump? What next.....butt slaps?

Posted by: JC ()
Date: January 04, 2015 07:15AM

Bates did a chest bump when he was our interim coach.

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: January 04, 2015 08:20AM

JC Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bates did a chest bump when he was our interim
> coach.

And look what that got him!

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: January 04, 2015 08:44AM

It's not Philbin's lack of chest bumps that is his problem. In fact, as a result of and given his bad gametime decisions, he is rarely in position to celebrate.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: January 04, 2015 03:38PM

I don't know about chest bumps, but sporano was the king of the fist pump. I can so without that junk.

Date: January 04, 2015 04:13PM

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: January 04, 2015 04:23PM

I still thought chest bumps were breasts. Rex Ryan has a couple of those.

Date: January 04, 2015 04:24PM

Hee, hee.

Posted by: thegreathoo ()
Date: January 04, 2015 04:50PM

Is this for real? Somebody reassure me the OP is sarcasm, please.

Date: January 04, 2015 05:18PM

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: January 05, 2015 11:46AM

montequi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> oh! I thought you meant breasts smiling bouncing smiley

If the jets would had made playoffs mr ryan would do the breast bump...

Yes i know he lost weight but all that meat still hanging down....

Nasty hanging down man boobs.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: January 05, 2015 05:17PM

I've always known them as "belly bumps" anyway...and I am referring to the act of jumping in the air and bumping another guy with one's belly----I am not referring to a visible pregnancy.

and re Truth's post, I had to look it up. Bates is the Bucs' DC? They of the 2-14 record and -133 point differential...youch, I actually wanted Bates to stay with us but he's only been employed every other year since he left us? Hmm. I still wish him well.

Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: January 06, 2015 05:44AM

So much emphasis, blame and credit goes to NFL head coaches and not much to the guys that really matter. The talent and the guys that assemble it. I would also add the coordinators.

I couldn't care less if my HC is doing chest bumps with the players. Completely meaningless and ridiculous to even bring it up.

If you want to look at the teams that turn things around, look no farther than the GM.

Everyone thinks John Harbaugh (and Jim) are such great coaches but they had one thing in common. They came into a team with loads of talent (thanks to Scot McCoughlan) and were just missing an important piece. The Quarterback. They had one on the roster who was finally starting to develop but they didn't have much in the way of coordinators.

I do think they are good coaches but the turnarounds the TEAMS experienced had more to do with timing and finding that missing piece than it did through any super human effort by a HC.

The 2008 Atlanta Falcons were highly applauded for their turn around under new HC, Mike Smith. The actuality being they had some very good talent on the team already. They just needed a QB. Well, the new GM with a little luck (Parcels passing on Ryan) and a good FA signing in Michael Turner was able to put together a good team. Since that time, the new GM has been unable to find talent and the team has fallen apart. Where is magnificent Mike Smith now? Well, the 2008 coach of the year is unemployed. The truth is Rich McKay had already assembled the core of the team (as well as a bunch of HOF'er in Tampa) and the team under new management and a few lucky moves reaped the benefits.

The 2008 Ravens are a similar story but not quite as prolific. Yes, they were coming off a 5-11 season but they were only one season removed from a 13 win season and division title. The core talent was there thanks to Ozzie Newsome. He just couldn't seem to find a Qb to save his life. Well he was a little more fortunate in 2008 and had much better draft position.

In 2008, they entered the draft with the eighth overall selection. They made a trade with the Jaguars, who had the 26th pick. To swap first-round picks with the Ravens and move up 18 spots, the Jaguars gave up two third-round picks and a fourth-rounder.

Later in that draft, the Ravens traded up from pick No. 26 to pick No. 18 to draft quarterback Joe Flacco. They already had one of the best defenses in football and Rex Ryan leading them. Nice moves by Ozzie since they also got Ray Rice out of the deal.

Was SB winning HC, Brian Billick so much worse than John Harbaugh? Or did Harbaugh benefit from Ozzie FINALLY finding a good QB? Did Billick suffer from lack of a good QB? Hell yes, but he did manage to win a SB without one.

Even the Bills were able to put together a better season than expected. Was it because Marrone was such a great coach or was it because their defense carried them? A lot of talent assembled on that unit.

You can win with Joe Philbin. Get him some talent (that can stay healthy) and a DC who can coach and the Dolphins are set. Even if he doesn't decide to chest bump Cam Wake.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2015 05:47AM by JoeFootball.

Date: January 06, 2015 09:59AM

Date: January 06, 2015 10:10AM

If Philbin is as terrible a HC as you say, how come NO ONE around the NFL is talking about it? Not even the local media and they are always looking for any story.

Nothing on any of the networks....NOTHING.

Date: January 06, 2015 10:14AM

What would you expect them to say?????? Breaking News: Joe Philbin is a bad coach. (?)

Date: January 06, 2015 10:22AM

But look at all the chatboards, Finheaven, etc. and count the number of threads denouncing Philbin.

And do you think for a second that if Harbaugh had wanted to come to Miami, Philbin would still have a job? Perhaps that's not fair of me because Harbaugh would be a no brainer but what if Todd Bowles (contracts aside) announced he would be willing to switch?

Instead of asking me why are not reporters generating their own non-news stories, maybe the right question is whether Philbin is better than nothing in the eyes of Ross.

Date: January 06, 2015 10:42AM

That's all VERY speculative.

Discussions on chat boards are not news or news stories. many fans ALWAYS hate their coaches when they are not making the playoffs, getting beat in the playoffs....basically whenever they fail to win a SB. Fans are known for over reacting.

"whether Philbin is better than nothing"???? If Ross wanted Bowles as HC. He could have Bowles as HC. The truth is that the market is weak for HC's.

Date: January 06, 2015 11:48AM

Date: January 06, 2015 01:06PM

It seems that the board has gone through swings. I started out being alone in wanting Philbin fired. By late in the season, everyone was agreeing with me with the exception of JSM08. Then Ross announced his decision that Philbin was staying. All of a sudden everybody's back on Philbin's bandwagon again and that's inexplicable.

I mean, it's not like Ross is a genius. He's an idiot. And a well known idiot.

Date: January 06, 2015 01:49PM

Kind of like the movie "A Hard Day's Night" when the Beatles are talking about a certain Female celebrity that had no longer become popular among the kids and told the person who had her under contract that "She's a drag...A well-known drag."

Ross is an idiot "a well-known idiot."

Date: January 07, 2015 09:32AM

The "Fire McCarthy" banners were flying in Green Bay back around 08, a year after they went 13-3. Then they won a SB in 2010 after going only 10-6 in the regular season.

There is even still a FB page named "Fire Mike McCarthy".

He was 27-21 after 3 years and took over a 4-12 team. One 8-8 season, one 6-10 season and the fans were not happy. They wanted him gone.

Now everyone talks about what a great coach he is.

Date: January 07, 2015 09:36AM

History is always full of counter examples. But don't hold your breath on Philbin coming out that way. The only reason he is not on the street right now is because Ross likes him so much on a personal level.

Date: January 07, 2015 10:20AM

Maybe but it shows that fans overreact and that first time HC's can get better and win big.

Date: January 07, 2015 01:05PM

Oh, without a doubt.

Date: January 07, 2015 02:32PM

And I predict Joe Philbin gets an extension this week.

Date: January 07, 2015 03:18PM

REALLY?????!!!!!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.