HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Why did we wait until the playoffs
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Why did we wait until the playoffs
Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: January 06, 2009 04:19PM

to play our worst game of the season. It had to be nerves or something to that effect. Bottom line if we don't turn the ball over 5 times and fumble a wide open reverse then maybe we beat the Ravens. Am I the only one who feels this team choked when it came to the biggest game of the year or was the pressure of having to win every game just to make the playoffs too much for this ream to overcome. I feel like if the game could be played again, and we didn't make all of those mistakes the outcome could of been different. I'm just throwing this out their because I truly feel last sunday was not the same Dolphin team we had been seeing the last half of the season. I never expected Chad to look like a rookie. Something just dosen't fit do you guys know what I mean?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Why did we wait until the playoffs
Posted by: Northeast Fin Fan ()
Date: January 06, 2009 04:27PM

Posted by: realist ()
Date: January 06, 2009 04:49PM

I agree with North East to a large extent.

The game was winnable. We had several scoring chances that were lost because of our mistakes & their great play.

OUr D forced 2 3 & outs when we needed them. We moved the ball well enough in the 2nd half.

We are close enough.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: January 06, 2009 04:52PM

Agreed. We weren't that far away, but it would have required a flawless game by us. Take away the turnovers, and I think we win.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 06, 2009 07:33PM

I honestly believe if it weren't for the botched reverse, we would have been looking at a 3-8 point game with 7 minutes left and their D winded.

That was the critical play of the game.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: January 07, 2009 01:46AM

Bal- D played well, but Pennington threw into double coverage all day.

Add in the fumbles and we did not take care of the ball.

I too think the game was winnable, and we did not play well. The team heart was good, execution was not.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: January 07, 2009 04:46AM

Yes ginn is able to do the reverse and its almost a touchdown. They put that side of the field for a second and there was nobody on that side.

We score a Td and we are down by 4 with about 8 minutes left in the game. Different game.

It happened like that so be it.

Next year we upgrade, im looking for us to go deeper in the playoffs next year.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: January 07, 2009 05:22AM

Like Parcels says...you are as good as your record says you are.

We are very close but we jst aren't good enough yet. It doesn't matter. We would of just gotten beat by Pittsburgh next week and been 2 spots lower in the draft.

We have work to do in order to turn the corner.

We did not wait until the playoffs to play our worst game. We played a dominant defense that made it look like our worst game.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: ChambersDeepBall ()
Date: January 07, 2009 05:26AM

The turning point of the game was the no-call for illegal contact on Ted Ginn on the play before half where Ed Reed took it to the house. Can you imagine the momentum if they call that play back, and we go on to score a TD on that drive?

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: January 07, 2009 05:41AM

The Ravens are a very good team. I think they go to the SB. We will see, but I think if we win that game we would have had a good chance to go to the SB.
We got snake bit, and that can't happen against a team like the Ravens.

You can break it down to individual plays, but bottom line is our OL and DL were dominated.

We have a great starting point to build on. All optimistic for sure.smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: realist ()
Date: January 07, 2009 05:54AM

agreed. We were in field goal position already. It wasn't a bad play call. Reverses might get stopped for nothing, but they rarely lose big yardage.

I was hoping that Ginn would pick it up and throw it incomplete; but he couldn't grab the ball quickly enough.

Anyway a FG would have made it 8 points.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: January 07, 2009 06:03AM

Posted by: phinfanjake ()
Date: January 08, 2009 11:04PM

HOLD ON A MINUTE.....

seriously, with 5 turnovers, the game could have been a ton worse. Only 2 turnovers REALLY hurt a lot: the TD returned by reed, and the interception in the 3rd quarter in the redzone. When Miami was coming back (then they stopped BALT anyway), but there was 3 points.

10 pt swing. Keep in mind Penningtons fumble led to a TD. 17 pts. THen Ginn's fumble cost at least 3 points. and the missed PAT.

Bottom line, Miami left at least 7 points on the field for SURE, and a bad day of 3 turnovers (all things being the same) the game is still winnable.

Posted by: KrK ()
Date: January 13, 2009 04:39PM

One of the best things about the team I saw during this game is despite the screwups, THEY NEVER GAVE UP. Right to the end.

The Dolphins of the last 10 years or so (or longer) would have given up after a couple of those turnovers, IMHO.

This team has heart. We lost, but yet the whole game I felt it was winnable and the team was trying. Even after something bad happened they came out and went at it again.

We're close.

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: January 14, 2009 12:57PM

Heart, that's 3/4 of the battle.

Isn't training camp just around the corner?

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: January 15, 2009 06:42AM

Based on what I have seen I feel like your team has to be battle tested in the playoffs and obviously we weren't for the most part. I like how the team is approaching the offseason, and I feel like we will garner the type of players via the draft and free agency that will take us to the next level. The only team that scares me in our division is the Patriots because no matter how good Sparano and Parcells are Belichick outcoached us in the last game and we lost. So I am confident that with the direction of Sparano and Parcells we will make the jump to the elite status. I only hope that injuries don't hit us hard next year.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.