HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          No Cupcakes Next Year...
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
No Cupcakes Next Year...
Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: January 05, 2009 03:20PM

Looking at next year's opponents, it will be very challenging to say the least, to match or exceed this year's record of 11-5.
@ Tenn
@ Atl
@ Carolina
@ San Diego (I'll be there)

Home sched
vs. Hou
vs. Indy
vs. Bucs
vs. Saints

All very solid teams.
I can't wait!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: No Cupcakes Next Year...
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: January 05, 2009 06:09PM

Solid teams, more or less, THIS season. Who knows what they will be like NEXT season.

Carolina has been up and down for a number of years ever since they made the Superbowl.

Ryan could hit a sophmore slump in Atlanta.

Houston may or may NOT be solid. You never know with them.

The Saints have some major holes. When you pass for as many yards as Brees did and still miss the playoffs, you know your team ain't whole.

The Bucs went into a tailspin at the end of the season. It could be a sign of things to come.

San Diego was only 8-8 this year, and we beat them! (do we REALLY play them again next year?)

Indy has no running game and an aging defense.

Anyway, we really won't know until we play the games next year.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 05, 2009 11:24PM

We have the same schedule as the patriots, except they play Baltimore and Denver, we play Steelers and San Diego. I don't see a big difference there.

We have the same schedule as the Jest, except they they play Bengals and Raiders. Bengals will very tough with Carson Palmer back - their defense finally is coming on. Raider - who knows - they have a ton a talent with more high draft picks, and they beat the Jets this year.

Who cares who Buffalo plays - they suck.

In a nutshell, I don't see much difference in the 3 AFC East contenders schedules, and that is what matters most.

I don't get all the whining about the schedule. Its a weak man's cry. The team either mans up and plays or not.

Posted by: cshashaty ()
Date: January 06, 2009 03:34AM

It's a necessary thing if this team is to get to the next level. All part of the turnaround. All good.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: January 06, 2009 04:25AM

Whether in the regular season or the play-offs, Miami will have to beat those teams to win the Super Bowl. Better to ding them up in the regular season and eliminate as many as possible from the play-offs. Bring em on.

Posted by: greg woulf ()
Date: January 06, 2009 05:32AM

You can't believe that Cincy and the raiders compares with Pitt/Balt and Den/SD.

It's only two games though, so it's not a huge edge for the Jets. I think the Jets are in free fall anyway. New coach, QB up in the air or a restless lockeroom. The Jets aren't going to contend next year. I worry more about the Bills.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: January 06, 2009 09:53AM

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: January 06, 2009 10:04AM

Okay, maybe it's fun to look at the schedule, but the reality is that to be the best you have to beat the best. So who cares who we play, just win baby.thumbs up

Date: January 06, 2009 11:28AM

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: January 06, 2009 11:42AM

Pittsburgh free agents this year....

Marvel Smith OT Charlie Batch QB
Max Starks OT Anthony Smith FS
Willie Colon OT Anthony Madison DB

Trai Essex OT Grant Mason DB
Chris Kemoeatu OG Bryant McFadden CB
Nate Washington WR James Farrior LB
Willie Reid WR Arnold Harrison LB
Najeh Davenport RB Andre Frazier LB
Carey Davis FB Ryan McBean DE

That's gonna hurt....

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: January 06, 2009 01:03PM

Like I said, Pittsburgh is on the decline. On top of the FAs they have some cap issues which will make it hard to replace these guys.

The OL was horrible this week, and - like us - they've been winning games with turnovers and strong 4th quarters. I think we will end up finding out that the Ravens are the better team this weekend.

We won't know for sure until next season, but wouldn't be suprised if the AFC North ended like this: 1. Baltimore 2. Cincy 3. Pitt 4. Cleveland.

Posted by: phinfanjake ()
Date: January 08, 2009 11:06PM

seriously, Miami needs to get its first victory over Houston, who has never had a winning season

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.