HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Ted Ginn
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Ted Ginn
Posted by: noetic ()
Date: January 13, 2009 12:16PM

I agree that, in general, its viciously inappropriate to laugh at the opinions of other...but that really made me laugh Sam. A lot.

But anyway, I'm often categorized on these boards as one of the resident Machiavellian pessimists. Whether or not that is true is another debate, but surely I would be one to agree that there lies a great deal of fault in the entire offense, right down to the offensive line, the running backs, and even the coaching staff.

However, that doesn't excuse the fact that Ginn is, much more often than not, a ghost on the field. This is mainly due to his deficiencies, and only partially due to the deficiencies of others. He dissapears on a regular basis. He not only fails to make plays. He makes terrible decisions. He appears to be easily intimidated, and he doesn't have the hunger you would expect.

So, while I agree that our entire offense is still not all that fantastic, Ginn is not a solution, but exactly the opposite. He merely exacerbates the situation.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: miami821 ()
Date: January 13, 2009 12:36PM

Considering our luck with trading players for picks in the past, I'm very content giving Ginn one more season to perform. He's got a positive personality, good work-ethic and he seems to be doing everything he is supposed to in order to learn the game at the NFL level.

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: January 13, 2009 01:15PM

noetic,
I don't know how you can give that much analyzation on Ginn unless you go to the games. TV just doesn't show enough field to see what Ginn is doing, and there are not enough replays that show him when he is out of the play.
I will put my faith in Sparano and his coaches as they are with him every day. I guess we will soon find out if they have faith in Ginn, won't we?

Posted by: noetic ()
Date: January 13, 2009 02:21PM

Leon In Denver Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> noetic,
> I will put my faith in Sparano and his coaches as
> they are with him every day. I guess we will soon
> find out if they have faith in Ginn, won't we?

I agree. I just think this means that Ginn won't be a Miami Dolphin beyond next season.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: January 15, 2009 10:41AM

noetic Wrote:
> Leon In Denver Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > noetic,
> > I will put my faith in Sparano and his coaches
> as
> > they are with him every day. I guess we will
> soon
> > find out if they have faith in Ginn, won't we?
>
>
> I agree. I just think this means that Ginn won't
> be a Miami Dolphin beyond next season.

The miami dolphins have no receivers, yet people want to get rid of the best talent we have at the position. What ginn needs is for the phins to sign a couple of receivers with his same talent, then you will see him develop.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: January 15, 2009 11:46AM

noetic Wrote:
> Leon In Denver Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > noetic,
> > I will put my faith in Sparano and his coaches
> as
> > they are with him every day. I guess we will
> soon
> > find out if they have faith in Ginn, won't we?
>
>
> I agree. I just think this means that Ginn won't
> be a Miami Dolphin beyond next season.

09 will determine if he stays or goes. Personally, I believe it will be his breakout year. He has duplicated or increased the performance of other great players up to this point in his career. Only time will tell but it will be interesting to come back and see who was correct. Those of that think he will breakout or those who think he is a bust or will be a bust.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: January 15, 2009 12:23PM

In 08, he increased his catches by a factor of 1.65 (65%) and his yardage by a factor of 1.88 (88%) from his rookie year.

If he increases both in 09 by a factor of 1.5, then he'd have 82 catches for 1185 yards. Yardage would be 9th in the NFL this year. I'd like to see more like 8 receiving TD rather than 2 each in 07 and 08. However, he brings scoring capabilities on his runs, too.

I think he'll get there in 09 to the tune of about those numbers, which, frankly aren't spectacular. With Pennington, I'd say that's about his ceiling, though, as Penny doesn't throw a great long ball (looks like he checks down a lot) and spreads the ball around to a ton of receivers. If you look at Coles and Moss during Penny's time in NY from 02-04, the best year either of them had was 89 catches and 1200+ yards. Nothing to sneeze at, just not utterly dominant.

I think the real sign of his 'getting there' will be consistency. He needs to bring 4-5 receptions for 60+ yards pretty much every game. Last season, he had games with 2 for 71 and 7 for 175, but he had 7 for 55, 1 for -1, 1 for 9 2 for 6, 1 for 18.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.