HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          next year
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
next year
Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: January 04, 2009 11:00AM

Other than a few plays, the defense actually din't play too bad. This game could have been much closer, unfortunately we made the mistakes, they didn't

Pennington too many bad plays.

Areas to get better in 2009

WR
Defensive secondary

Nothing new here, we knew this day one

OL - need soem help here

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: next year
Posted by: Northeast Fin Fan ()
Date: January 04, 2009 11:05AM

I thought the defense played great today - although a few sacks would have been nice. This loss was on the offense.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: January 04, 2009 11:05AM

Posted by: ginnsucks ()
Date: January 04, 2009 11:07AM

There are plenty of areas to get better. WR it would be nice to add someone but I think with a healthy Camarillo they are not as bad. I like Bess as a Welker-type although obviously can't expect him to be that good. I think if you build the offense around quick hits to the wideouts rather than a ton of deep balls they will be ok.

I think if you can convince Asomugha then he is the type of shutdown CB that changes a defense...but the price may be so much that it doesn't allow improvement elsewhere. Beyond that, this might be a spot to draft.

Better play from the OLine is still a priority. Maybe even just in getting the depth straightened out. They were pretty solid when everyone was healthy, and they are relatively young.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: January 04, 2009 12:10PM

secondary play hinges on pass rush. We have no pass rush.

Mat Roth......I'm sorry isn't a very good OLB. Porter had a caeer year plus he is getting old. He won't have another 17 sack season. We need some OLB help.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 04, 2009 12:12PM

I think your right about the LBs. We need starter at both OLBs and an ILB just to begin with. Then we need some depth.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: January 04, 2009 12:21PM

Porter can still start, just in roth's spot on the WEAKSIDE. We need a strong side OLB. Young, a stud. In the mold of LT or Ware. Two of Parcells favorite players. That big-fast OLB who can get to the QB

(and please nobody bring up JT.....we aren't going through the Jason Taylor drama again. Parcells hates him anyway)

Date: January 04, 2009 02:39PM

Three of the ints werent chads fault but the defense played pretty good we need some help of offense sad smiley

Posted by: realist ()
Date: January 04, 2009 02:45PM

Agreed. When was the last time we had an inside LB get to the QB? We got accustomed to Zach not being very good at blitzing and we accepted it because he was amazing from sideline to sideline. The same is not true of Crowder.

Better ILB play would improve the pass rush for everyone else and would improve our secondary.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: January 04, 2009 07:01PM

realist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Agreed. When was the last time we had an inside LB
> get to the QB? We got accustomed to Zach not being
> very good at blitzing and we accepted it because
> he was amazing from sideline to sideline. The same
> is not true of Crowder.
>
> Better ILB play would improve the pass rush for
> everyone else and would improve our secondary.

Agreed. We need the next great Dolphin ILB NOW. After Buoniconti, Duhe, and Thomas, we've gotten spoiled. If we can get another great ILB, our entire defense will look better.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.