HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Good draft prep article
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Good draft prep article
Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: April 13, 2012 03:09AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Good draft prep article
Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: April 13, 2012 05:31AM

i dont understand why people rely so much on these articles, there is a such thing as youtube, why dont people just watch film on the guy and come up with there own assesment rather than relying on other peoples opinion.

To be honest i would be more interested in what you think about him and your critical assessment of tannehill rather than reading what some joker says... JMHO

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: April 13, 2012 05:53AM

given that most of us don't have hours and hours to watch a player and break down his film (or access to hours of film of the player), and are pretty much limited to youtube clips (the ones I've seen of Tannehill are mostly him playing receiver), I rely on what others who have done that have to say.
only players in college I see enough to form my own opinions play for da U. And except for Lamar Miller, none of those guys seem very special.

Date: April 13, 2012 07:13AM

Miami Reppa Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i dont understand why people rely so much on these
> articles, there is a such thing as youtube, why
> dont people just watch film on the guy and come up
> with there own assesment rather than relying on
> other peoples opinion.
>
> To be honest i would be more interested in what
> you think about him and your critical assessment
> of tannehill rather than reading what some joker
> says... JMHO

Are you serious?

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: April 13, 2012 12:00PM

berkeley223 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> given that most of us don't have hours and hours
> to watch a player and break down his film (or
> access to hours of film of the player), and are
> pretty much limited to youtube clips (the ones
> I've seen of Tannehill are mostly him playing
> receiver), I rely on what others who have done
> that have to say.
> only players in college I see enough to form my
> own opinions play for da U. And except for Lamar
> Miller, none of those guys seem very special.

hey berkely i wont mention what i do cause anyone can say anything but i will say that my profession is very very very time consuming... However if you are interested in something you make time. College is played during the weekdays for the college geeks like me watching guys that will likely go in the 3rd round and down (if drafted at all) but if you only watch the primetime guys on saturday you will see atleast 80% of the first round guys at some point during the year so anyone can make time if your interested smiling smiley Also there is tvo or recording systems which i use to watch games later, great way to rewind and watch things again!

And dolphan yes i am serious, I think tannehill is good and has the potential to be a probowler someday but that is the case with like 15 of the 20 or so QB available. The question is not his ability but is he the right fit for the offense we want to run and can we get a guy like him later in the draft...

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: April 13, 2012 12:04PM

Reppa I always assumed you were a CIA spy.
I waste enough time reading/watching/obsession about the nfl. I watch college only sparingly, generally just flipping thru channels. I get my in depth player info from the draft "experts" and also sometimes from this board!

Date: April 13, 2012 12:13PM

I can tell it's a bit of a hobby for you to track certain players and talk about em, even on your best day, you have a fraction of the knowledge or insight as the people that do it for a living.........someone like me, who watches almost zero college football, has way less.
As far as Tannehill, I dont care as much about what any "expert" says about him, it all comes down to Shermans assessment for me, if he says grab him, i'm good with that, if we pass, i'm down with that to. Him and Philbin have been involved with the careers of Favre and Rodgers, i'll take their words.

Date: April 13, 2012 12:14PM

Also, I linked that article because of the Def names being talked about at the bottom of the article......the Tannehill thing has been beaten to death.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.