HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Nice read on Luck and RG3
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Nice read on Luck and RG3
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: February 20, 2012 12:26PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nice read on Luck and RG3
Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: February 20, 2012 05:27PM

No two QB's taken no 1 and no 2 respectfuly ever pan out as both being very good to great QB's at the next level. All this talk about Griffin being a can't miss prospect while Luck is as close to a sure thing as well hell death and taxes. You know where I stand. I would take Luck in a heartbeat over Griffin, and most teams and talent scouts would agree with me.

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: February 21, 2012 06:28AM

Finshady Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No two QB's taken no 1 and no 2 respectfuly ever
> pan out as both being very good to great QB's at
> the next level.

Lol. It's happened 4times since THE MERGER. It's hardly a sample worth basing a statistical decision on...besides Jim plunkett and Archie manning might disprove your overall premise.

> All this talk about Griffin being
> a can't miss prospect while Luck is as close to a
> sure thing as well hell death and taxes. You know
> where I stand.

Yes we do. Just not sure if where u stand is for any other reason than the color of their skin.

Three qbs the last few years playing in virtually the same college spread offense projected to be top 10 picks: Gabbert, Newton and griffin...you only liked one...the crappier one.

Granted, it's a small sample size so I'm not one to rush to judgement but the stats are starting to build up.

Look, I have shared your reservations about college qb's from the spread offense and have said as much. It's why I didn't like Gabbert and why I was inclined to write off newton at the start of his title run at auburn. Then I watched him. Didn't take a rocket scientist to see he was more than a one read then run qb with the arm strength and accuracy to play in the nfl.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: February 21, 2012 08:52AM

Ouch!!! Somebody just got bent over the Whipping Post!!!

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: February 22, 2012 02:42PM

THE Truth Wrote:
> Yes we do. Just not sure if where u stand is for
> any other reason than the color of their skin...

nice post and since you went there i will add to it, i dont see how people can continue to make luck the better prospect. All the passing stats are in favor of RG3, you know he is much more mobile, he played a much tougher schedule, he won the heisman and what blows me away is that what he cant wait for at the combines is not to run the 40, what about the broad jump and vertical? nope, maybe flex a bit on the bench nah... he cant wait to get onto the board and show how complex his offense is and his ability to read defenses at chalk talk at his interviews.

He has luck beat at EVERY angle and the only reason he wont go #1 is because to this date the colts have yet to add his color to the qb roster. And to make him the face i would be heavily suprised. Anyway the colts suck and any rookie that goes there is in for a rude awakening, better luck than RG3.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: February 22, 2012 03:46PM

If RGIII had Luck's size he would be better but without that size, that's going to affect his durability and over the long haul, Luck will probably be better.

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: February 23, 2012 06:32AM

Miami Reppa Wrote:
> THE Truth Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Yes we do. Just not sure if where u stand is
> for
> > any other reason than the color of their
> skin...
>
> nice post and since you went there i will add to
> it, i dont see how people can continue to make
> luck the better prospect. All the passing stats
> are in favor of RG3, you know he is much more
> mobile, he played a much tougher schedule, he won
> the heisman and what blows me away is that what he
> cant wait for at the combines is not to run the
> 40, what about the broad jump and vertical? nope,
> maybe flex a bit on the bench nah... he cant wait
> to get onto the board and show how complex his
> offense is and his ability to read defenses at
> chalk talk at his interviews.
>
> He has luck beat at EVERY angle and the only
> reason he wont go #1 is because to this date the
> colts have yet to add his color to the qb roster.
> And to make him the face i would be heavily
> suprised. Anyway the colts suck and any rookie
> that goes there is in for a rude awakening, better
> luck than RG3.

Reppa, I don't think race has anything to do with luck being rated #1
nor do I believe that the fact that griffin is ranked #2 is in any way a knock on him.

Luck has been an elite prospect for a long time for reasons other than stats or measurables. And he's done nothing to call that assessment into question.

Their numbers are very similar over the last two years despite the fact that RG3 has played in a more stat friendly system AND with far far better wr's.

I love RG3's game. I believe he's going to be a great pro. But that doesn't necessarily, let alone automatically, make him a better prospect than Luck.

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: February 23, 2012 11:02AM

THE Truth Wrote:
> Reppa, I don't think race has anything to do with
> luck being rated #1
> nor do I believe that the fact that griffin is
> ranked #2 is in any way a knock on him.

yeah i agree with all of what your saying, i think the "experts" are libral enought to rate anyone #1 i mean he won the heisman at QB. To clarify what i am saying, there are only a small hand full of NFL teams that have yet to put a minority qb of any kind anywhere on there qb roster at anytime in there existance. The team with the #1 pick (the colts) is one of those teams, far as I know that is "the truth" lol.

Right now luck is rated ahead of griffin. I think that after the combines griffin will be rated ahead of luck and will remain that way up to the draft. Will the colts draft him #1 and make him the face of there franchise? Based on track record personally I dont think so thats all im saying. If it were a team like the vikings with the top pick then I believe it would be anyones game. With the colts at #1 Luck is a sure thing, which is fine to me man, to each his own...

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: February 23, 2012 11:08AM

At the end of the college football season I would rate RGIII ahead of Luck. The accuracy on his long ball is just uncanny. What the NFL thinks and does is their business. Both of these guys will get their chance on the field. Good luck to the both of 'em both seem like fine young men.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.