Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Who do we want at WR? 2009 Daft. (Long Post)
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Who do we want at WR? 2009 Daft. (Long Post)
Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: January 02, 2009 07:00AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: noetic ()
Date: January 02, 2009 07:11AM

Antonio Bryant has the potential to be an absolute monster. I'd love to see us grab him.

My only concern with our current receivers is that Pennington makes them all look better than they are. If Henne takes over anytime soon, he doesn't have a stud to help him develop. Fresh QBs always love to have that big body to throw to, and aside from London, we don't really have that.

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: January 02, 2009 07:18AM

Ohhh to be drafting BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE. That'll be the day.....

"Don't tell me about the pain, show me the baby." - BP

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: January 02, 2009 02:55PM

The thing that impressed me with Kenny Britt is that he seems very hard to tackle after the catch.

Date: January 02, 2009 07:03PM

Darius Passmore sounds like a great fit for our system and isnt expected to go till the 3rd round hed be a great accusation to our team GO PHINS!smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: January 03, 2009 09:37AM

Actually I am an X-rutgers student. Honestly being around the school (living in the area) basically since like 98' it is hard to believe that we are having this discussion. A rugters reciever likely to go on the first day... WHAT, COME AGAIN. Anyhow I have not watched him extensively since i am frustrated that they are going backwards after such a great run 2 years ago. That being said kenny britt looks like a solid #2 prospect. Consider a team that has lost brian lenard (their mr. everything) and their all american Rb Ray Rice. RUtgers has not replaced them. So Britt is working with almost no running game so teams dont really gameplan the run. Plus a qb who sucked and has worked his way up to average (mike teal) and a #2 wr taquan underwood who is decent as well. To make a long story short he does not have the benefit of a solid run game like last year or a qb like mccoy, harrell, bradford to get him the football and he is still putting up numbers that can compete with any wr in the nation. Also keep in mind that he is real the only guy you have to game plan for so teams are trying to shut him down and have trouble doing so. I like this kid as an NFL prospect and he could be what we expected out of wilford.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: January 03, 2009 10:16AM

fakespike Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> we dont need to waste a draft pick on a receiver.
> we have ginn,bess, camarillo and can develop
> london. we need ILB, FS, NT, OL way before WR.
> but what would you know about the current dolphins
> makeup, ken? you were rooting against your own
> team so we would get a top pick. thats pathetic
> and dispicible. you should be banned from
> phins.com until february.
>
> and agreed on pat white if hes there in the 5th or
> so.
>
> Re: Can we please start talking about playoffs?
> Posted by: Ken ()
> Date: November 09, 2008 06:17PM
>
>
> This post won't be popular but No. I'm happy the
> team is winning and I am happy that we are seeing
> some growth but we are not yet a good team. This
> team needs to lose a few more games and get
> another good draft along with some big gains in
> free agency. Then we can talk about the
> playoffs...all winning will do right now is hurt
> the overall quality of the players on the team.
>
> I'm not suggesting that we start tanking games but
> we need the things mentioned above. Losing a few
> more games and assuring a better draft position
> will assist in getting there.

****RE: fakespike, I'm not going to re-hash this post after this, or this thread, in which people needed (and still do apparently) to do a much better job of reading the actual words I wrote and not add words of their own to the mix. BTW: How does "I'm happy the team is winning and I am happy that we are seeing some growth." Mean that I am rooting against the team? The thrust of my comments were simply that the Dolphins are not a good team and that they need to improve...that still holds true even today AFC East Championship and all. I said then and I'll say it now...again. I never rooted against the team nor did I want, wish, hope or seek the team to lose games. Being a realist and realizing that doing so however woud be in the long term best interest of the team given the gains we have seen this season is not being negative or less than a fan. It is looking at the bigger picture, the one that extends beyond this season. We could just as easily as we got out of it, fall back into the cellar after this season. So the front office needs to continue to do a good job and we need another season of elite prospects to choose from. That isn't going to happen this year but it does not change the fact that if the front office once again does their jobs well...higher picks are better prospects. Prospects that would benefit us long term.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: January 03, 2009 01:33PM

ghotirule Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Fakespike...I never said I hoped we would lose to
> improve our draft position.
>
> Yea, you did. But it is still funny that you
> won't admit it.
>
> How do you expect anyone to take you seriously.

*****RE: Ghotirule, this will be the last time I respond to you with regard to this particular subject. Where did I ever use the word HOPE? If I did not use that specific word then that is not what I said...period.

Get over it and stop attempting to be inflammitory. Your rhetioric on this subject is as incorrect as your interpretation of it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2009 01:46PM by Ken.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.