HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Pretty much sums up our FO
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pretty much sums up our FO
Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: September 28, 2011 04:16PM

"@ClaytonESPN
John Clayton
Is it me or why can't I figure out why the Dolphins added another RB _ Steve Slaton. They are under using Reggie Bush. Baffling."

John Clayton is one of the best in the biz, and Ireland has him baffled, i'm getting as tired of this clown as I am Sparano. Don't get me wrong, Jeffs done a pretty good job drafting IMO, but maybe he's a little to green for the keys to the caddy just yet.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pretty much sums up our FO
Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: September 28, 2011 04:26PM

Well, Reggie Bush didn't practice much last week, bothered by a strained groin. Maybe it's still a problem. And the only pure tailbacks we have on the roster are Bush and Thomas. So, if Clayton finds this baffling, he's not giving it any thought.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: September 28, 2011 04:38PM

Then my response would be D-mark; you trade for an undersized, injury prone, change of pace RB and keep slamming him in-between the tackles, then start trying to find his replacement after week 3?.......yeah, baffling!

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: September 29, 2011 09:10AM

In this shortened pre-season, leg and groin injuries abound. Hiring on another runner who is injury prone (not durable) makes little sense to me in the big scheme of things. But I'm just a fan...what do I know? confused smiley

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 29, 2011 10:03AM

This is a perfect example of what I've been saying about Ireland. He runs this team like Fantasy FB team. I expect he's looking at players' stats and not considering their durability, coachability, attitude, etc., etc.. Then he privately bitches that Sparano isn't using the talent correctly.

I say BOTH of them need to leave. It's like Laurel and Hardy in our front office. Throw in Ross and you have the 3 Stooges!

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: September 29, 2011 10:38AM

say BOTH of them need to leave. It's like Laurel and Hardy in our front office. Throw in Ross and you have the 3 Stooges!

I agree, get rid of them both!

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: September 30, 2011 07:47AM

The problem with Ireland and Sparano is that they ALWAYS think they can bring a player in and turn them into something they're not.

They bring in Bush and think they can turn him into an every down player that can run between the tackles.

They bring in Columbo and think he can play better than he ever has....and be s atarting RT.

They draft Reshad Jones who everyone says is a strong safety and put him at FS when he doesn't possess the speed to do anything.

Gibril Wilson...same story.

Ernest Wilford....thinking they can make him better than he ever was....he was worse.

Jake Grove and Justin Smiley....always injured but they think they will stay healthy. What happens? They are still injury prone and have lingering past health issues.

Chris Crocker, Keith Davis, Reggie Torbor, Eric Green....the list goes on.

Anyone on this board could have mage better free agent acquisitions than Jeff Ireland.

My vote was to bring in Darren Sproles over Bush. Sproles is having a career year.

Many also wanted to sign a big time G or T but....

There is no way you will convince me that Columbo is or ever was a better RT than Carey. So what do they do? Move him to RG...the easiest position to play on the line and put Incognito at LG when he would have been better off at RG.

Stupid stupid moves that leave everyone scratching their heads.

Some other head scratchers are the release of some players that go on to thrive elsewhere.

Why is it Erik Walden can go to GB and win a starting position and have a career year? Had 3 sacks in one game already and has multiple turnovers. He looked dominant in the game I saw.

Anthony Armstrong....etc.

That falls on the coaching staff along with the demise of a promising defense.

The most logical moves they made were the signing of Burnett and Dansby and they are sucking all off the sudden. This is a coaching problem.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 30, 2011 09:18AM

eesti Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> The most logical moves they made were the signing
> of Burnett and Dansby and they are sucking all off
> the sudden. This is a coaching problem.

Yup good point.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.