HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          conspiracy???
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
conspiracy???
Posted by: fiedlerhater ()
Date: September 20, 2011 08:58AM

well everyone, here it is coming into week 3 and we absolutely suck. Did anyone think we wouldnt? I saw this coming a mile away and it has nothing to do with the sissy baby whiners on the team. It is the managements fault. Think about it, as a coach why the hell would sparano want to win? He knows he was out of his job last year but ross couldnt find someone, he is gone this year regardless of what he does or doesnt do. the players know it and they quit playing. Hell i would rather have a coach that can evaluate this year and get us straightened out next year versus a coach in the off season. How else can u explain the complete fold on every aspect of this team and the ridiculous decisions by sparano and company on the field???? just my thoughts but the plug needs to be pulled now.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: conspiracy???
Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: September 20, 2011 09:43AM

We are using a coach that even the owner didn't want, he just could not get anyone to come to this franchise. Is it any wonder? The Miami Dolphins (doofins) are the laughing stock of the NFL....Someone said it best...we are the new Detriot Lions. Get your bags ready, you will need them to cover your faces at the games.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2011 09:44AM by dolfan1.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 20, 2011 09:48AM

You'd think after the Saban and Cameron debacles we'd be used to it!

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: September 20, 2011 09:28PM

dolfan1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Get your bags ready, you will need them to cover your faces at the games.

And that might be just what it takes to make changes happen. That would be a statement from us fans that we've had enough. And keep doing it on national television until this circus is out of town. It worked for the Saints fans.

Posted by: Deigol090 ()
Date: September 21, 2011 02:27AM

So what happens when we beat Cleavland this week?

Posted by: SouthFlPhinFan ()
Date: September 21, 2011 05:27AM

Deigol090 Wrote:
> So what happens when we beat Cleavland this week?

Then we are 2-1 and our Coach still Sucks...

Posted by: realist ()
Date: September 21, 2011 05:33AM

We don't suck.

We were facing 2 of the top 3 Offenses the past two weeks. It was expected that they would put up points. we just needed to put up more.

My concern is more about player acquisition, play calling, and motivation/urgency.

We could have one both games. Should have been closer in both. Missed TD opportunities in both games. So we are close....despite our poor ILB and Safety play. Despite our broken OL.

So are we done? No. should things be better ? DARN FREAKIN RIGHT!!!!

Sparano is trying to win. I could see where maybe Ireland is making him try and save his job on a budget..since he hasn't really pursued any serious Free Agents. I think Ireland may hamstringing Tony by not going out on a limb. And maybe by letting him have all of his ex-Dallas guys?

Short of a turn-around Ireland still has a job and Tony is gone.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: September 21, 2011 05:34AM

1-2

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: September 21, 2011 05:37AM

If Sparano wins 10 games he's back. Ross extended him two years. If the guy does a good enough job to put butts in seats, he will be back.

But he won't. He doesn't have it in him.

Posted by: psalm462 ()
Date: September 21, 2011 05:41AM

Sorry, but I don't see us beating Cleveland. We are better then the Colts (at least I hope), but not better then Cleveland. If we keep it close then we are at least trying. If we get crushed, then we are just playing the season out.

Date: September 21, 2011 05:45AM

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: September 21, 2011 05:54AM

even though sparano admitted this is a passing league now and we're going to have an attacking style of offense he just can't bring himself to abandoned the inside running game.

when we've used the attacking style no huddle we've moved the ball well only to shut it down the next 2-3 series. you get the opponents in their base d and then spread it out and go no huddle. create mismatches.

they're doing the same thing on d. send more than they can block and make the qb go with the hot read. if they study film that'll make the db's jobs easier. instead we're rushing 4, not moving wake around, and constantly dropping dansby into coverage. cheat the safties up to cover the outlet wr/rb and get pressure on the qb.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: September 21, 2011 06:42AM

When you’re 0-2 after two consecutive LOSING SEASONS with an atrocious home record and a team that’s OBVIOUSLY NOT COMING TO PLAY – well there may be a bit of a “problem.”

This team is riddled with issues and built with an architecture that seems displaced in time. Like I said about a week ago or so – if Henne proves he’s a legit NFL QB this year and plays with consistency and improvement through the 16 games – I’ll consider this season a “success.” But to think this team is even CLOSE to challenging at this point is nonsense.

Posted by: Doug-THE-Dolfan ()
Date: September 21, 2011 07:32AM

From realist: "We don't suck."

I have a question for realist: are you being a realist? Have you looked at our stats from the first two games.

Yes we played good offenses, but teams do not give up over 600 yards in one game and not suck (unless they are play against the Kentucky school for the blind).

We suck, we also have potential, but right now, we simply suck and we are not getting out of it by doing the same things.

Date: September 21, 2011 07:35AM

Date: September 21, 2011 07:37AM

(R/J)ay Wrote:
> I actually agree with realist that we're not
> terrible. Just not good. The Texans/Patriots are
> probably the two strongest teams in the AFC right
> now. That doesn't excuse Miami's uninspired play
> and -- quite frankly -- losing to top teams is the
> problem. This team needs to overachieve and it
> just isn't going to happen under Dave Sparano.

Dave? Is that Tony's brother?

Date: September 21, 2011 08:02AM

I think he was trying to call him "Tony Sparonstadt"

Date: September 21, 2011 08:47AM

montequi Wrote:
> (R/J)ay Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I actually agree with realist that we're not
> > terrible. Just not good. The Texans/Patriots
> are
> > probably the two strongest teams in the AFC
> right
> > now. That doesn't excuse Miami's uninspired
> play
> > and -- quite frankly -- losing to top teams is
> the
> > problem. This team needs to overachieve and it
> > just isn't going to happen under Dave Sparano.
>
> Dave? Is that Tony's brother?

TS reminds me a lot of Dave Wannstedt, so I'm just going to start calling him Dave Sparano.

Posted by: SouthFlPhinFan ()
Date: September 21, 2011 01:57PM

dolphaholic Wrote:
> 1-2

Yea That;;;lol Dyslexia

Date: September 21, 2011 02:31PM

You know when Sparano first came here everyone respected him, and his first year he went 11-5. the following year injuries and horrific play calling on both offense and defense our team slips alot, and it follows his third year with horrific play calling.

Now in his fourth year as a head coach he finaly has alot of piece's to build a franchise team, and its a rocky start however its comming along.

I guarantee that if we as fans stopped with the sky is falling and man up and applaud our staff and players then in return they will start to do better knowing we have there back.

You ever have your friends mock you when a bunch of bullies try beating you up, obviously not because you would understand where I am comming from.

Not a great feeling and hard to build championship when fans boo the shit out of ya, not going to the home games, the only reason why you as a fan should not be there is you cant afford ticket's or you live in another state.

Shame on us all for being disloyal fans.

Who the hell are we to act this way.

Date: September 21, 2011 02:34PM

You want to stay mad ok its your right but you know what Im done with whinning.

Time to turn to optimisim. Sparano get your team back, get yourself back and get your win on, now go kick some cleavland ass!smileys with beer

Date: September 21, 2011 03:08PM

Problem is, Sparano keeps riding the wave of 2008, when, in fact, we were Parcell's team that year...not Sparano's.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 21, 2011 04:18PM

Deigol090 Wrote:
> You want to stay mad ok its your right but you
> know what Im done with whinning.
>
> Time to turn to optimisim. Sparano get your team
> back, get yourself back and get your win on, now
> go kick some cleavland ass!smileys with beer

YEAH! That's the attitude I have from Thursday to Sunday every week. However, when it doesn't happen, boy, do I start bitchin and moaning on Sunday night.......until Thursday.

Date: September 22, 2011 05:19PM

Yep I hear ya its contangious.

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: September 22, 2011 07:30PM

Date: September 23, 2011 06:23AM

I agree that there has been mismanagement of player acquisition.
I agree that the OL should be better.
I agree that the Defense is playing poorly.

That said we were in both games and had the opportunity to win if not for a couple key plays.

That does not equate to 'sucking'. Sucking means we can not win, are getting blown out.

Henne is better; not as good as he needs to be, but, better.

When we use a variety of plays we can throw and run. What we can't do is pick one and stick with it. Our OL is not good enough for us to do what we want to do in obvious pas/run situations.

When we are in a pass or run situation we have some good plays. Henne has missed some opportunities to throw it to Marshall outside in the endzone. Marshall has dropped one.

The Reggie Bush thing worked when we threw to him and when we first ran the draw. But running the draw 5 times in a half is idiotic!

Daniel Thomas looks good. If we can run between the tackles or threaten the edges with Bush and Thomas on the field...that opens the TE and might make it harder for the D to double Marshall.

If we lose to Cleveland....it will suck.....let's see how the game plays out.

Date: September 23, 2011 06:45AM

I am being a realist.

Irrespective of the specific flaws that made us inferior to two TOP teams...it remains to be seen if we are inferior to the majority of the teams.

Both games were winnable because our Offense put up points and executed some plays and our defense did make some good plays. The issue is that there were key 'identifiable' breakdowns in each game that resulted in us running out of time.

That is not a team that 'sucks'. A team that sucks has no chance to win the game, and has clear inability to adjust. That isn't us.

FYI...last season The Pats were the top offense, avg. 396 yds per game. the Texans were #3 avg. 386 yds/game

So what they did to us...they did to apx. 24 other teams; ( 12 each).

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 23, 2011 07:52AM

Stop fooling yourself people. We stink.

It might have to do something with the players not playing hard, it might have to do something with the coaches not drawing the right plays or making the players practice hard, it might have to do something with the conditioning coach not getting the players ready.

It might have to do something with the players not respecting sparano and not giving a crap if we win or lose.

The fact is that we are 0-2 and thats the worst record in the league.

We stink.

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: September 24, 2011 09:40AM

I cannot understand why realist opinion is in the minority. I think alot of fans wake up monday morning and look at the scores and highlights of brady passing all over us and dont see that were a 4th and inches at the goal line away from still playing that game.

The point is, be honest, how many of you guys are actually "watching" the games? cause if you were you would see a qb that is in "complete" control of this offense. This is the first year where he looks like a leader and does not look like a deer in headlights. As far as defense, under sparano we have always been stout against the run and sucked against the pass. This is nothing new, atleast now we can shoot it out.

I have been saying this since sparano has been here, until we bet a beast free safety this problem will continue and looking at our defense which i KNOW is a top 5 defense (yeah i said it, we are loaded up front- need a little upgrade at lb). Now our offense is clicking, we are on the brink of being a playoff team.

Real you are absolute correct and i am glad that you are looking past the record. To the comment about what if we lose the the browns, i will still believe that we are a solid team but i will have to acknowledge that in this division starting 0-3 your season is most likely over...

Date: September 24, 2011 10:52AM

wE DONT SUCK OK simple as that.

This is our team, our defense is out of shape but by bye week they will be back to form.

Our offensive line is old and worn out on the right side, with a rookie center. It will get better as the season gets on however it will be our weak point on this team.

With Charles Clay in as our H-back our offense will flourish and become that much better not only because of his ability to block, but his speed and tuffness on the run as a WR.

When Vontae and Allen get back to 100 percent and our team finaly gels in about 2 to 3 weeks this team is going to win alot of games.

The biggest thing that worries me is Carpenter sucks as a kicker he had two solid years well one and a half, and ever since he has been really shaky.

We will probably reside a 10-6/ 9-7 team this year which is what I thought after the draft.

We might make playoffs we might not.

Who know's all I know is that this team will deff be fun to watch in a couple weeks.

I think this week this team plays a full solid game from all faucets and we beat the brown's, which will carry over the momentum to SD where we welcome back Vontae and we beat the Chargers because that game our O-line will start gelling, and our defense will finaly be in shape.

That win will carry over to the Jets and we take it to them because Taylor has all sorts of secrets to give which is why he spent last year as a spy on there team to give us a insight to Ryans defense, which you will see Wildcat version 2.0.

Oh yeah with Clay back I think Bush and Thomas will make a DOMINATE wildcat duo.

You can jump on this wagon brother's or not my hand is always out if you care to extend your's I got your back even if your gay and fired.

To the death I got my fellow Dolphin fan's backs cause that's how I roll, now who's with me!cool smiley

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.