HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          I'm 120% happy with this season/team.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
I'm 120% happy with this season/team.
Posted by: LikeUntoGod ()
Date: December 31, 2008 08:49AM

feel like I've been at a huge Thanksgiving dinner and I've eaten till I'm bursting and someone is offering another slice of pie.

I eat that slice of pie and then I'm told that we are going to cut a cake and here is a big piece. I mean how much can I eat? How much karma are we owed?

I will not say that I do not want us to beat the Ravens and go on to the Super Bowl. I'm just saying no matter what happens, this season has been all I could ask for and more.

Thanks Wayne for hiring Parcells and thanks Parcells for hiring Ireland and Tony Sparano. I'm fat and happy but if there is some ice cream to put on the cake I will try to eat it.

I even got some tickets next to some friends and I'm going to the game with my cousin that lives down there. I'm driving from Gainesville on Saturday and then I'm somehow going to try to drive back Sunday after the game. Thank Buddha that the price of gas has fallen.

I'm up in section 410 but I'm there so what more can I ask for?

(OK, I do want to meet Big Papa Pump)

P.S. And I would like tickets and the time to see the Gators win the National Championship but...that is just TOO much to ask for)

P.P.S. I love all you true Dolphin fans who have stuck with this team!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I'm 120% happy with this season/team.
Posted by: coopdogg3 ()
Date: December 31, 2008 09:03AM

I think we also need to thank Jerry Jones' ego and his complete lack of judgment. That's what enabled Bill Parcells to leave, and that's what enabled Wade Phillips to be given the job.

Posted by: ladydolfan ()
Date: December 31, 2008 12:03PM

No matter what happens on Sunday, I am happy. Being AFC East Champs was just too much to ask for when the season started but it happened! I got way more than expected. This was like asking for 5 Christmas presents and getting 20!

Posted by: phinfanjake ()
Date: January 01, 2009 02:19AM

I was expecting 6-10 and hoping for 8-8..... so everything now is gravy.

Its nice to be relevant again, just irritating because the Dolphins aren't on TV very much.... EXCEPT FOR NOW!!!

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: January 01, 2009 06:37AM

It is impossible to give more than 100%. Its like filling a glass up with water....when its at 100% its at its peak. You can't put 20% more into the cup, silly GATOR.

"Don't tell me about the pain, show me the baby." - BP

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: January 01, 2009 07:43AM

DaytonaDolfan13 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It is impossible to give more than 100%. Its like
> filling a glass up with water....when its at 100%
> its at its peak. You can't put 20% more into the
> cup, silly GATOR.

Using that analogy, we are all overflowing with pride!!

Seriously, this season is so much more than anyone expected, it makes up for all the disappointing seasons we've had for so long.

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: January 01, 2009 07:57AM

I would have been happy just winning the division but with all of this raven talk, I now want the fish to kick some raven a$$

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: January 01, 2009 08:04AM

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: January 01, 2009 03:15PM

eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 01, 2009 06:19PM

Posted by: greg woulf ()
Date: January 02, 2009 04:05AM

When we beat the Patriots that first game I was happy. The rest of this is all dessert.

Date: January 02, 2009 08:31AM

greg woulf Wrote:
> When we beat the Patriots that first game I was
> happy. The rest of this is all dessert.

Easy to please! You must be on cloud 900 by now.

Date: January 02, 2009 08:32AM

You only get good by setting expectation to be good.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: January 02, 2009 12:56PM

If we win Sunday and win a playoff game...........the city of Miami ought to errect a statue to this team on South Beach!!!!

Seriously, we won 11 games and I don't know how with this roster. God Bless this coaching staff

Posted by: RayRay ()
Date: January 03, 2009 11:33AM

There is a huge difference between the mindset of Ravens and Phins phans right now. This season would still be considered somewhat of a disappointment if we lost tomorrow. We are expecting to make a run for it all. You guys had one of the biggest turnarounds in NFL history so obviously you should already be content regardless of the outcome (not that you don't obviously want to win).

I would hope that your players don't share the fans' mindset, contentment breeds laziness and a lack of the highest level intensity.

Date: January 03, 2009 01:07PM

Come on our website and call Phins fans lazy? RayRay, you're a moron. Nothing about this team or its fans are lazy - infact the Dolphins are where they are because they are the hardest working team in the NFL.

In contrast, the Ravens defense is on its last legs. It can barely pull it together to practice. Your team isn't going anywhere after this week, and all you Ravens fans will be crying like Pats fans say you "deserve" to go further. Your team doesn't. It arrogant, old, and doesn't work hard enough. It has been a nice run for your team, but when the offesason comes and Jack the Ripper leaves your team for greener pastures, your DB injuries add up, your QB hits his sophmore slump, and running game stall, your team will be back at 3-4 wins per season, gripping to figure out how to turn it around.

Meanwhile we'll be ruling the AFC. The Ravens are just another stepping stone to our long term domination of the NFL.

Have a nice life in future hell of Ravens fandom. Too bad we won't be able to remember how bad it was - we could have given you tips on dealing with it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2009 01:07PM by ghotirule.

Posted by: RayRay ()
Date: January 03, 2009 02:29PM

Date: January 03, 2009 02:34PM

RayRay Wrote:
> If you win I'll
> come back and congratulate you, I highly doubt
> that happens though!

Last time an opposing fan said THAT on our board, they were nowhere to be found after we won. Anyway, I hope you're different smiling smiley

Posted by: ladydolfan ()
Date: January 03, 2009 05:38PM

Hmmmm....something tells me that our team is most definitely NOT "content", RayRay. Maybe some of the fans(me included) are but that is irrelevant. What we think and feel means nothing come kickoff time tomorrow. I think it's safe to say that every member of the Miami Dolphins is probably thinking, "No one thought we'd win our division, but we did it...now we're hungry for more!"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.