HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Stop Hating on Henne Thread
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Stop Hating on Henne Thread
Posted by: ickie182 ()
Date: September 01, 2011 06:56AM

"Checkdown" Chad is in the top 5 in every passing category during the preseason. If he can produce a 2008 Eli Manning-esque season, with the top 10 (perhaps even top 5) defense that Miami possesses, the phins are legitimate contenders this season.

Whether or not you're a fan of Henne's; whether or not you were praying the Orton deal went down, Chad Henne will be the opening day starter for the 2011-2012 Miami Dolphins. There, I said it.

This thread is for the fans that want to express their support for their quarterback. No hate, just love folks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Stop Hating on Henne Thread
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 01, 2011 07:05AM

I sincerely hope Henne breaks out and does well. My fear is that the O-Line isn't good enough to support him. I really wonder if Trent Green or Brian Griese would have had productive Phin careers if they had a decent O-Line play behind. Sparano (who's a former O-line coach!) has had over 3 years to put together a good O-Line, but, except for drafting Long, he's failed at every turn. Now even Long is hobbled.

So, where does that leave Henne? Without an O-Line we can't protect him from injury. Without and O-Line we can't pass block long enough for some plays to develop. Without an O-Line we can't run to take pressure off the pass. It ALL comes down to the O-Line. That was one of they key's to Marino's early success. It's also a big reason why guys like Rothlisberger and Flacco played so well as rookies!! All these guys had monster O-Lines!! Henne has never had one in Miami.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: September 01, 2011 07:06AM

I don't hate any dolphins player. But I will critize when warranted. Henne's regular season play has totally warranted it. He has looked better in the preseason for sure, but let's see him do it *consistently* in the *regular season* before we restore blind faith in the guy. Remember he looked god-awful in the 1st Q of the 1st preseason game---how soon we forget....

Posted by: sleekdogg ()
Date: September 01, 2011 07:13AM

You got your hating weeks screwed up. Week 1 was hate Henne week then he started playing good so we transitioned over to hate the offensive line week. To know what this week will be just scan the Dallas preseason game for any flaws and that will take you right up to the season.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: September 01, 2011 08:31AM

Haha...couldn't even make it one post without a negative comment. Better luck next time ickie!

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: JC ()
Date: September 01, 2011 10:04AM

Kim Bokamper said on 940 AM that, when Henne came to the sideline just after his 143 QB rating performance against Tampa Bay, he saw DOLPHINS FANS yelling "Hey Henne, you SUCK" confused smiley

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: September 01, 2011 11:29AM

I have my fingers crossed for luck that Chad Henne will have a great ball game tonight against Dallas. We need to start the season thinking positive thoughts. cool smiley

Posted by: BobT ()
Date: September 01, 2011 11:30AM

Posted by: JC ()
Date: September 01, 2011 11:44AM

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: September 01, 2011 12:37PM

berkeley223 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't hate any dolphins player. But I will
> critize when warranted. Henne's regular season
> play has totally warranted it. He has looked
> better in the preseason for sure, but let's see
> him do it *consistently* in the *regular season*
> before we restore blind faith in the guy. Remember
> he looked god-awful in the 1st Q of the 1st
> preseason game---how soon we forget....

Much too much was made of those 14 plays from scrimmage in the first preseason game. Henne was 4 for 8, including a long TD to Hartline. He had no Bush and no Marshall. The 4 incompletions were a drop by Fasano, a drop by Bess, a wrong route by Hartline, and a wrong route by Bess which Henne made a poor decision on when he still tried to get him the ball. I guarantee the coaching staff wasn't terribly disappointed with that performance for the first game action in a new offense after a offseason with no mini-camps. And without his two best weapons on offense and two backups at offensive tackle. But, the fans and beat writers overreacted dramatically.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: September 01, 2011 01:02PM

And much too little has been made about Henne stinking the place up for 2 years!

It’s amazing how people around here subvert the facts in order to defend a position that is obviously ill-informed and ill-advised.

Henne has proved ZERO when it matters – in the regular season.

If the dude went through some sort of football molecular transformation and actually demonstrates that ON THE FIELD throughout the season I’ll happily anoint him and in the process celebrate how “wrong” I was in accessing his slothness.

But until that time Henne remains a huge question mark. To think otherwise is to not think at all.

BNF.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2011 01:03PM by BigNastyFish.

Posted by: davdoldew4 ()
Date: September 01, 2011 04:31PM

Tip of the ole hat, to BNF. Right to the point and factual. I look for his posts everytime I browse this site.

Good day !!

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: September 01, 2011 04:50PM

BigNastyFish Wrote:
> And much too little has been made about Henne
> stinking the place up for 2 years!
>
> It’s amazing how people around here subvert the
> facts in order to defend a position that is
> obviously ill-informed and ill-advised.
>
> Henne has proved ZERO when it matters – in the
> regular season.
>
> If the dude went through some sort of football
> molecular transformation and actually demonstrates
> that ON THE FIELD throughout the season I’ll
> happily anoint him and in the process celebrate
> how “wrong” I was in accessing his slothness.
>
> But until that time Henne remains a huge question
> mark. To think otherwise is to not think at all.
>
> BNF.

Chad Henne has 27 starts. And he came in after 3 plays in the game against Tennessee. In those 28 games, the Fins are 14-14. The way some people talk about Henne, you'd think he'd never won a game. I mean, people were clamoring for Tyler Thigpen, who was what, 1-11 as an NFL starter? That's a 14-14 record on a team with a weak offensive line, no team speed, no deep threat at WR, no seam threat at TE, an ultra conservative offensive approach, and no ability to audible out of a bad play. There's a reason why this team added Mike Pouncey, Daniel Thomas, Reggie Bush, Charles Clay, and Clyde Gates. They didn't think the offensive supporting cast was very good.

It is also quite ill-advised and ill-informed to place all of the blame at Henne's feet. Did anyone see the article this week where Sparano said why they changed the offense? Sparano said he went into his film study this offseason wanting to be critical of Henne. But, instead, what he identified as the three biggest issues were 1) being too predictable, 2) lack of spacing in the passing game, and 3) lack of team speed. And how about Brandon Marshall saying that Henne had been overcoached, and that the team is now reaping the benefits of the coaches letting him just got out and play? Or other plays saying that under Henning they had a "let's play not to lose" attitude, and Daboll has turned that around?

Chad Henne led the NFL in completion percentage of passes thrown between 11 and 20 yards. He was also among the very best at converting 3rd and medium (3-7 yards to go). He also had a passer rating of over 90 on plays when he was blitzed. There are a lot of positives to take away from that. With a coordinator who will focus on the things he does well, he has a real chance to succeed.

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: September 01, 2011 08:01PM

Posted by: Thirteen ()
Date: September 02, 2011 04:47AM

I'm surprised no one has yet pointed out that Henne did not complete a single pass in last night's game eye rolling smiley

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 02, 2011 04:55AM

Thirteen Wrote:
> I'm surprised no one has yet pointed out that
> Henne did not complete a single pass in last
> night's game eye rolling smiley

He did well the last 2 games when he had his chances.

Date: September 02, 2011 05:12AM

Thirteen Wrote:
> I'm surprised no one has yet pointed out that
> Henne did not complete a single pass in last
> night's game eye rolling smiley

I know. You think he and Marshall could have played catch on the sidelines just to satisfy the fans!! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: September 02, 2011 05:13AM

I will say I am not as concerned about Henne as I was early on. He will certainly be tested on MNF. Didn't he have some good games vs NE in the past?

I am anxious to see our new offense and weapons. We are definitley better than we were last year which should at least equate to 2 more wins....probably 3 which puts us at 10 wins...11 when we sweep the Jets!

Sorry for you suck for luck supporters.

.....................................................................................

Date: September 02, 2011 05:17AM

All those people hoping we get Luck will be disappointed when, not only do we NOT have a chance at him, but Luck doesn't end up being NEARLY as good in the NFL as everyone is predicting.

Date: September 02, 2011 05:22AM

Exactly what I was thinking. Many sure thing college QBs fail in the NFL.

Date: September 02, 2011 08:43AM

eesti Wrote:

> Sorry for you suck for luck supporters.

No problem!

Im one of them

I want us to either make the playoffs

or suck really bad and get a high draft choice.

Nothing like 8 or 9 wins and miss the playoffs. Im sick of it every year.

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: September 02, 2011 08:47AM

i would take 9 wins even if we don't make the playoffs. I want as many wins as possible. if we lose 10 or 11 games that meant multiple players took steps back. that means we have even more holes to fill and young players we thought would be very good have turned out to be average. that is not something i want to see.

Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: September 02, 2011 09:11AM

dolphin1423 Wrote:
> i would take 9 wins even if we don't make the
> playoffs. I want as many wins as possible. if we
> lose 10 or 11 games that meant multiple players
> took steps back. that means we have even more
> holes to fill and young players we thought would
> be very good have turned out to be average. that
> is not something i want to see.

I think you bring up a really good point that people fail to consider when discussing the "I'd rather suck or make the playoffs, no in-between" debate. A record isn't just a record, it's often a direct reflection of the players on your team. So while not making the playoffs is bad, I wouldn't necessarily hope that we win 4 games so we could get a good draft pick as opposed to winning 8 or 9 games and continue to be a perrenial middle of the pack team, because if we only win 4 games dolphin1423 is right, that would probably mean that a lot of our promising young players took a huge step back and we would thus have so many more holes to fill.

I don't want to win 4 games and get a good draft pick if it means that Wake started to slow down and began looking like only a one-dimensional player, and Vontae Davis continues to get beat deep, Sean Smith can't catch an interception, Henne continues to regress, Odrick becomes injury prone, Brandon Marshall stops producing, Gates amounts to nothing, etc. I'd rather accrue 8 wins and be that much closer to being a really good team that just needs a few pieces to become really dominate.

Date: September 02, 2011 09:18AM

dolphin1423 Wrote:
> i would take 9 wins even if we don't make the
> playoffs. I want as many wins as possible. if we
> lose 10 or 11 games that meant multiple players
> took steps back. that means we have even more
> holes to fill and young players we thought would
> be very good have turned out to be average. that
> is not something i want to see.

We have won 8 or 9 games forever and its always been the same....Havent moved an inch....Always missing the playoffs by a couple of games.

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: September 02, 2011 09:52AM

panteraize, im glad someone agrees with me. winning four, five, six games is the worst possible scenario. I mean we won seven last year with Henne playing awful and the oline complete crap. To lose that many games with the improvements we made means something has gone terribly, terribly wrong. . .

9 wins with a young, promising roster and a full set of draft picks to add even more talent and depth would be a nice place to be sitting at the end of the season. Not too mention that I think were in decent shape with the salary cap.

It might be a different if we had a bunch of veterans and aging players and we were looking to overhaul and start over.

Date: September 02, 2011 09:54AM

So what happens when we lose 15 games..get the first draft pick....Luck turns out to be a David Klinger or Heath Shuler?

Then we bring in a new coach....probably a burned out retiree that will scrap everything and start over and spend the next 4 years figuring out that our qb pick was a waste.

Then we get to start all over again in 2013 or 14. No thanks!

And please don't pretend to know more than every GM in the league and guarantee Luck will be great. There is no reasonable way to predict that.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: September 02, 2011 02:55PM

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 02, 2011 03:22PM

Luck ain't that good. I keep telling you.

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: September 02, 2011 04:30PM

Ray Lucas looked good in the preseason, too.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: September 02, 2011 05:05PM

dolfanmark

You and your kind don’t seem to get it. Being a really good QB in the NFL is all about being CLUTCH under pressure – and thus far Chad Henne has proved to wilt under pressure and make bad decisions, bad throws, and just plain old-fashioned stupid mistakes.

There are a number of peeps around here who want to blame the OC and the associated crew for the absolutely INEPT offense this team presented last year. Well, I’m sure there’s a degree of validity to that – but to ignore the PROVEN HISTORY of some (such as Henning who has developed NFL QB’s such as Chad Pennington) while giving a free “get out of jail card” to Henne is simply asinine. It’s the players who play the game.

But beyond, people want to blame the OL, the WR’s, the TE et cetera as opposed to readily acknowledging the simple FACT that the QB is where the responsibility starts on the offense. And the simple reason WHY Henne was shackled (per se) is because the coaches (Sparano included - because he’s in charge of the product on the field) didn’t TRUST Henne to execute – so they won 14 games out of his 28 DISPITE THE FACT Henne was seriously underperforming (as Parcells told everyone last fall).

But lo and behold, you want to give Henne credit for “winning” 14 games. That’s such a joke it’s utterly laughable. Once again – we won games despite the fact we had a dysfunctional QB.

BTW did you see the suck QB game last year against the Jets? I mean if you could possibly credit Henne with that win you must be related! Or how about the loaf of bread he threw out of the end zone in the general direction towards a wide open Fasano? Or when he missed Hartline wide open down the sidelines (beyond the D by 10+ yards) and the way he single-handedly gave the Pats a win by choking in a HUGE WAY on MNF or… I mean it gets totally absurd really fast. Henne has SUCKED so far and I see ZERO evidence to suddenly believe all his suckiness was somehow an illusion.

I say stop blaming everyone else on the TEAM for Henne’s obvious failures. It’s obvious to everyone else all around the country the Dolphins BIGGEST problem was/is at QB. Yea, we don’t have the best OL. And yea our WR’s may not be the best in the league. And whatever else – but the biggest disappoint around here (by a country mile) has been Henne.

Like I said, he produces CLUTCH WINS game in and game out – I’ll be happy to admit how wrong I was in ragging on the kid. But you watch what Billygoat has in store week 1. That game will tell everyone very clearly how far Henne has “progressed.” Or, if he continues to REGRESS when it matters.

I’ll check back with you then.

BNF.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.