HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          From looking at the second game of pre season
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
From looking at the second game of pre season
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 22, 2011 07:33AM

Henne looked like a totaly different QB. In fact he was impressive.

This time he had marshall and bush playing though.

Is there any question now that reggie bush can definetely run between the tackles?

I have a feeling marshall is going to have a pro bowl year and so does reggie bush....Both these guys can make a difference on any team and henne can only benefit from that.

Jake Long needs to get healthy for the NE game on monday night. He will be the final piece of this OL puzzle.

Whats the name of the OL player who had all those holding penalties in last game? He has all those colorfull tatooes in his arms. He needs to go. Cut his ass. He stinks.

Overall the miami dolphins won't be as bad as i thought they were going to be this year and thats encouraging. At least we will challenge other teams and thats good to know.

This team has some good talent and we need to build on that.

The key to this team you all know what it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This team will either be a great team or we will be a really bad team and it all depends if henne develops into a great player or now.

Even though i hate tom brady......and so do you all..........Do you imagine how good we could be with a qb like him? I think we can definetely be a dominating team with him and i think bess and marshall would make the pro bowl easily with him as the Starting QB.

Again its all on Chad Henne.

1. Either we will be a playoff team....

or

2. We will stink really bad. ( and get the # 1 pick in next year draft )

And all i ask....Either we are really good this year or we stink really bad.

Nothing in between please.

Im tired of us winning 9 games missing the playoffs and getting the 19th or 20th pick in the draft.

GO PHINS.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: From looking at the second game of pre season
Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: August 22, 2011 07:50AM

Lydon Murtha is the tackles name and I don't think you are giving him enough credit. Sure he had a couple of penalties, but this is preseason afterall. He is playing pretty well based on my evaluation and it seems like Sparano likes his progress. The guy is actually a phenominal athlete for his size. Remember he is currently playing left tackle and since he is doing well that makes him a valuable back-up because he can play right tackle and even the interior. Cutting him would be a huge mistake.

Posted by: estrella69phinfan ()
Date: August 22, 2011 08:09AM

11-5 this year.

Posted by: BobT ()
Date: August 22, 2011 11:40AM

Murtha is playing a lot better than last year- I'd keep him. Jerry is the one that needs to go- no motivation it seems to me...

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: August 22, 2011 12:25PM

LETS HOPE WE GET LUCK IF WE SUCK !!

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 24, 2011 04:42AM

BobT Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Murtha is playing a lot better than last year- I'd
> keep him. Jerry is the one that needs to go- no
> motivation it seems to me...

Overall i think we can have a decent OL if jake long gets healthy and starts the year against the pats.

We are playing some out of position because long isn't starting. When he comes back i think we will be ok.

It all depends if everyone on the OL stays healthy, including long coming back and the development of the rookie center from florida.

If long and the rookie center work out imo we will be just fine.

Posted by: Doug-THE-Dolfan ()
Date: August 24, 2011 07:58AM

The big observation that I have from the second preseason game is the velocity and confidence of the passes from Henne. Wow!!

If he keeps that up, I will be buying a Henne jersey and wearing it proudly (although I am still proud of him anyway).

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 24, 2011 08:02AM

$#@! Luck and the Entire SUCK philosphy!

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: GBOFinFan ()
Date: August 24, 2011 08:35AM

Henne will be fine with an improved OL. Looking really accurate throwing the ball hard but he still really needs to work on his touch passes down the field. Also would be nice to see him looking downfield more when he steps up in the pocket instead of just tucking and running.

Bush looked faster and more determined than everyone else! Most impressive looking Dolphins RB I've seen in a lonnnnnng time. Hope he's able to stay health and maintain that intensity through the season.

Marshall's gonna get his touches. I'd like to see him break some tackles this year.

Gates is going to be good but could be limited by Henne's lack of touch downfield if that doesn't improve.

Bess has picked up where he left off! The guys a gamer and gets open!

The "D" looked solid. As long as Nolan stays around, they'll remain that way.

And finally.....WE NEED A TIGHT END!!!!

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: August 24, 2011 05:40PM

GBOFinFan Wrote:
>
> And finally.....WE NEED A TIGHT END!!!!

GBO, i agree we need a TE and i hope clay can turn into that H-Back/TE pure receiving threat that would add a dimension to the offense. however i think you may be selling fasano a litte short. Fasano has his limitations clearly but he is still fairly young ( only in his sixth season) and more telling is that profootballfocus.com rated him as the 4th best TE last season behind Jason Witten, Marcedes Lewis, and Martellus Bennet. their rankings arent perfect but they do their homework and watch every single snap of every game. even if the rankings are slightly flawed that still puts him up there as one of the better TE's in the NFL. so there is a need at TE but maybe the reality is better than the perception

Date: August 25, 2011 04:09AM

And as of now he is the starting TE in an offense that really utilizes their TEs. His numbers may go up from a very decent year. He should be more of a receiving threat in this offense as opposed to blocking all the time.

.....................................................................................

Posted by: GBOFinFan ()
Date: August 25, 2011 08:26AM

Don't get me wrong...I really like Fasano. Didn't mean for that post to sound like we didn't have one at all. But one good TE isn't enough these days. Especially when your QB struggles throwing the ball downfield. A big target with big hands makes his job a lot easier (just ask Cam Newton).

There were a lot of TE's available in free agency this year and I expected us to go after one but it just never happened. We're currently 5 mil under our cap so a quality TE was available to us.

Maybe Clay will be the answer but either way, the offense WILL be better than last year b/c of the offseason upgrades at RB, OL, WR, and the OC (I hope)!

Date: August 25, 2011 09:30AM

I am curious to see Clay in action. I haven't heard a lot about him from a big play point of view in practice or ps games.

I'm sure he is having a lot thrown his way from having to learn TE, FB and H Back roles.

So far a lot of hype but what am I missing?

Sounds like Polite is soon to be an endangered species.

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: August 25, 2011 03:56PM

from what i read in local newspapers is that clay is putting in a lot of extra time to learn both FB and TE and he is progressing but still has a ways to go. Seems to me that Lousaka and Clay may make the team this year as Im not sure that Clay is ready yet.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: August 25, 2011 05:18PM

dolphin1423 Wrote:
> from what i read in local newspapers is that clay
> is putting in a lot of extra time to learn both FB
> and TE and he is progressing but still has a ways
> to go. Seems to me that Lousaka and Clay may make
> the team this year as Im not sure that Clay is
> ready yet.

Clay's a rookie, and with a shortened preseason I'm not surprised. Still, if you watch the games, you'll see Clay is way beyond Polite already in blocking and catching out of the backfield.

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: August 30, 2011 09:32AM

You all do realize the Panthers really really suck right?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.